Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99
1 day ago
The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 11-08-2020, 10:14 PM   #121

Mar 2017

Hello is this the last page of the add-on 3D section. Just wanted to tell you I got my video games working with a VGA monitor using an HDMI to VGA converter that's passive.

I heard that there are easy ways to convert crtvgas into 3D CRT vga's. I don't know if they require a computer to connect to them or if there's a standalone way to pipe directly into the VGA. I got some Blu-ray movies I want to pipe into the CRT so that I have a second 3D monitor for other people if they wish to use it. Plus even though at the time the PlayStation 3D TV was a low ping monitor in 2010, now two friends behind is considered a lot.

And yes the VGA monitor does reduce ping in video games. I heard that the only conversion needed is a ypbpr to RGB conversion, and then from there it goes pipe straight into the CRT.

Assuming the conversion is just as fast both ways, most experts say if the only change is color space change from RGB to ypbpr, on a 240p signal it only takes two PIXELS worth of time.

And yes I know CRTs are analog but they can take digital points of reference and convert them to analog waves. Digital waves are close approximations of analog waves. Videotape only has 240 points of articulation of the video signal. Or 480 if you double field it.

So does anyone know a place where I could some way to play Blu-ray movies hooked up directly to a VGA CRT without hooking it up to a computer. If not I have an Apple Macintosh by two different monitors and was wondering if the sink could be passed through directly to a CRT and have the timing right.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:43 AM   #122

Mar 2017

I don't want to sound like I'm being nitpicky, but don't active shutter glasses work on every kind of CRT TV because the Left Right sink is in time with the video display of left and right?

The reason why it works out of CRT is because there's less than microsecond delays between the time the Blu-ray spits out the start of frame signal and broadcast it to your eyes.

However modern TVs have delay. I assume the only thing you have to correct for is the difference between when the Blu-ray says start a frame and when the TV action displays the starter frame. I was thinking of some kind of $20 dongle that could go in front of the inputs on the TV which whose job is to simply sense when the start of signal comes and embed it in the audio in some way, that it could be read and then turned back into whatever the audio originally was before adding the code.

If that could happen then you could tell the difference between blue ray generation time and TV Generations time and always being sync.

If this is as easy as I think it is someone would basic TV engineering knowledge could Jimmy up a $20 device retail that could do exactly that. You see my in is easy. And then you could sell it with four out adapters One is toslink, one is coaxial, what is HDMI ARC, and one is RCA LR. This way I could turn my 2009 Bravia XBR which didn't even envision 3D at the time or my Sony Vegas which is a CRT TV into a 3D TV.

I'm pretty sure that a timing chip is most likely cheaper than a computer that calculates depths based on left eyes and right eyes and converts it into a written cyan, or in this case a blue and yellow picture.

Yeah yeah I know it's not going to turn non-3d material into 3D but who wants that usually the computer messes it up enough for you to notice the badness.

I think that'd be more interested in full color shutter 3D than there be in blue and yellow Anaglyph TV.

By the way why blue and yellow because most movies aren't in blue and yellow and you have to buy their glasses not just any Anaglyph glasses will do.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Tags
3d blu-ray, 3dtv