Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Keeping Up Appearances: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Hunger Games 4-Film Complete Collection (DVD)
$13.00
7 hrs ago
Land (DVD)
$17.96

Vera: Set 10 (DVD)
$20.99

The Mauritanian (DVD)
$17.96

Transformers: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Marksman (DVD)
$17.96

Death in Paradise: Season Nine (DVD)
$19.99

Steven Universe: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$59.98

Father Brown: Season One (DVD)
$14.99

Hallmark 2-Movie Collection (DVD)
$7.50
1 day ago
Let Him Go (DVD)
$12.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 10-19-2020, 08:46 PM   #21
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Thought there was an existing, separate thread for the first spin-off Melrose Place, but there isn't. Do the DVD releases of this series have music replacements?

And did Models, Inc. get a physical media release?
Old 10-26-2020, 12:47 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

The giant yearbook set of this is a very nice set. Super nicely put together. A ton of discs.

It is just a shame they had to delete so much key music and also butcher edited a few episodes. I still think it is ridiculous that the music industry can demand new fees just because a new form of home media gets invented and even more ridiculous that they insist on such absurdly high home media rights for new media that it's not economically feasible for the rights to be paid. I mean who wins? They get NOTHING! The viewer gets totally screwed. The movie studios lose some sales. At least if the music industry would charge a new fee that is in some proportion to actual financially feasible amount that could be paid by a movie studio and still hit a reasonable release cost and profit chance.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:53 AM   #23

Mar 2012
Greece

A new set announced which includes the reboot BH90210!! 74 discs. I'm guessing only 2 of them are new since the previous set was 72 discs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

Last edited by elvisranger; 01-23-2021 at 11:05 AM.
Thanks given by:
JT2 (01-23-2021), sethcfaulder99 (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 12:02 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

I bet it's gonna still have edited scenes and replaced music though and it's obviously not been remastered in HD. Heck, the new 90210 is now downgraded from HD to SD.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:14 AM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

Is this original show available anywhere in its unedited form? Whether streaming or for purchase? Anything? I’d love to go through this show again
Old 01-24-2021, 04:51 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxrebellion View Post
Is this original show available anywhere in its unedited form? Whether streaming or for purchase? Anything? I’d love to go through this show again
There are some bootlegs on the net, not all that great quality (these official ones have better video quality), that are closer since they have the original music and less changes, but from what I hear they were sourced from syndicated cable broadcasts which themselves had some cuts for time as syndicated versions sometimes do. Not sure if any odd cable channels are currently showing them. Not sure if any of the syndicated runs were ever 100% uncut for time. Not sure if the official ones have all the stuff cut for time on some of the syndicated versions or how much was cut for syndication, etc.

I think I have a slew of the original broadcasts on VHS in a box somewhere. I need to get around transfering my old tapes to my computer.

I may eventually try to use the official set as the starting point (for the highest quality video) and cut in audio from a bootleg set and/or VHS tapes as needed to fix music and edit back in missing scenes from bootlegs and anything else still missing from VHS if I have it. With that monster mess maybe I will eventually have something with the best quality one can manage and with all original music and maybe the bulk of missing scenes back?
Old 01-24-2021, 01:49 PM   #27

Mar 2018
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW View Post
There are some bootlegs on the net, not all that great quality (these official ones have better video quality), that are closer since they have the original music and less changes, but from what I hear they were sourced from syndicated cable broadcasts which themselves had some cuts for time as syndicated versions sometimes do. Not sure if any odd cable channels are currently showing them. Not sure if any of the syndicated runs were ever 100% uncut for time. Not sure if the official ones have all the stuff cut for time on some of the syndicated versions or how much was cut for syndication, etc.

I think I have a slew of the original broadcasts on VHS in a box somewhere. I need to get around transfering my old tapes to my computer.

I may eventually try to use the official set as the starting point (for the highest quality video) and cut in audio from a bootleg set and/or VHS tapes as needed to fix music and edit back in missing scenes from bootlegs and anything else still missing from VHS if I have it. With that monster mess maybe I will eventually have something with the best quality one can manage and with all original music and maybe the bulk of missing scenes back?
Just so you know me and a friend of mine started that already months ago and the majority of the series is finished.

Seasons 1-6, 9-10 are completely done (he did 1-6 and I did 9-10), he's currently on season 7 and is gonna do season 8 last.

As for the episodes being cut for time, the sources we have are mostly TVtropolis (Canadian) and SOAPnet, both of which aired mostly uncut episodes (sometimes on SOAPnet there would be a small censorship or two in an episode). The only time there were time cuts of the episodes on these channels was when it came to the feature length episodes (episodes that originally ran around 90 minutes w/o commercials), in addition to the feature length episodes being split into two parts there would be small dialogue cuts here and there and the commercial fades were usually shifted to different spots. Other than that the episodes on those channels were pretty much uncut.

So no need to start another project or anything cause it's already being done, needless to say it's been tricky and hard at points

Last edited by SpacemanDoug; 01-24-2021 at 01:57 PM.
Thanks given by:
redxrebellion (01-24-2021)
Old 01-24-2021, 08:18 PM   #28
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanDoug View Post
Just so you know me and a friend of mine started that already months ago and the majority of the series is finished.

Seasons 1-6, 9-10 are completely done (he did 1-6 and I did 9-10), he's currently on season 7 and is gonna do season 8 last.

As for the episodes being cut for time, the sources we have are mostly TVtropolis (Canadian) and SOAPnet, both of which aired mostly uncut episodes (sometimes on SOAPnet there would be a small censorship or two in an episode). The only time there were time cuts of the episodes on these channels was when it came to the feature length episodes (episodes that originally ran around 90 minutes w/o commercials), in addition to the feature length episodes being split into two parts there would be small dialogue cuts here and there and the commercial fades were usually shifted to different spots. Other than that the episodes on those channels were pretty much uncut.

So no need to start another project or anything cause it's already being done, needless to say it's been tricky and hard at points
Please keep us updated. Iím definitely interested in this project.
Old 01-30-2021, 05:05 AM   #29

Mar 2018
Texas

funny thing, despite coming along much later, season 9 was the least preserved out of all the seasons

that season for the majority of its first half used much older captures off of FX and they were problematic cause the opening credits that came after the intro were cut off (several of them had songs playing that were altered on the DVD) and I had to use foreign airings which left them intact to figure out what songs went where in those things

the episode Survival Skills was particularly problematic cause it was incomplete, there was one song in the episode and sadly the portion that was captured didn't have it, so I had to use editing trickery to try to re-insert the original song into the scene where it needed to be, the results aren't perfect but better than nothing
Thanks given by:
WBMakeVMarsMovieNOW (01-30-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies