Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero - The Complete First Series (DVD)
$44.99

Land (DVD)
$17.96
1 day ago
The Mauritanian (DVD)
$17.96
1 day ago
The Marksman (DVD)
$17.96
1 day ago
Rugrats: The Complete Series (DVD)
$49.99

Transformers: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Cosby Show: The Complete Series (DVD)
$25.05
14 hrs ago
Hell on Wheels: The Complete Series (DVD)
$37.67

Let Him Go (DVD)
$12.96
15 hrs ago
The Father (DVD)
$17.99

Pokémon Sun & Moon Ultra Legends: The First Alola League Champion (DVD)
$19.96

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (DVD)
$24.96
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 01-26-2021, 10:22 PM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2016

Oh, also note, it's the out-of-print 2008 German edition that is more desireable. They did a pressing in 2014 which has "bad audio". (Not sure what that means, I'm just passing along stuff that somebody who cares posted on a private forum that I frequent.)
Old 01-26-2021, 10:32 PM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguamguy View Post
Oh, also note, it's the out-of-print 2008 German edition that is more desireable. They did a pressing in 2014 which has "bad audio". (Not sure what that means, I'm just passing along stuff that somebody who cares posted on a private forum that I frequent.)
Again, thanks for that very helpful response.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:20 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007

there is one episode in season 4.. later that had penhall as a teacher with Hanson and hoffs as the students.. it was storm.. there was tension at the school that got out of control.. a group of boys raped a girl at a party.. that is how it started... very intense original at the same time.

I agree about Steven Williams being a better captain for series.. he was recently seen in birds of Prey playing what he does best captain.

Jacob
Thanks given by:
bigt7117 (01-27-2021)
Old 02-10-2021, 07:21 PM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014

Thanks for all of the replies re: this series. It's nice to know that though this is an older show, it hasn't been completely forgotten.

Here are some more S02 episode reviews. This may be the strongest season in the series:

-You ought to be in prison: A violent criminal (that the group busted in S01) breaks out of prison, and tracks down Hansen. This is due to a news report he sees in which Hansen & Penhall are "security guards" for a well-known Hollywood action star.

Nice continuity with a great S01 episode; I also appreciated the realism re: the 21 Jump Street crew always being at risk of being recognized by a criminal/criminals that they busted/encountered in the past.

-The Convenience Killer: Hansen and his gf stop off at a convenience store late at night.
[Show spoiler]Unknown to them, the store is in the process of being robbed - and the gf is killed. Hansen tracks down the killer (even after being told not to), and also wrestles with the guilty feelings he has over freezing up when the crime occurred.

-Christmas in Saigon: It is revealed that Ioki is not Japanese (as he claimed he was), but that he actually escaped from Vietnam during the war. Because of this, Ioki's continuing with Jump Street is in question. Added to this, Captain Fuller (a Vietnam veteran) struggles with his feelings about the situation.

[Show spoiler]Eventually, Captain Fuller overcomes his reluctance - and speaks up on Ioki's behalf; this results in Ioki's being able to stay in the Jump Street program.

This episode features very well-done & tragic flash-back scenes showing Ioki's family & best friend in Vietnam,
[Show spoiler]leading up to Ioki's escape & emigration to the U.S.

This is unquestionably one of the 5 best episodes in the series - excellent.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies