Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$16.69
2 hrs ago
Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$16.49
12 hrs ago
Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The Legend of Korra: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$73.11

Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Dragon Ball Z: Season 8 (Blu-ray)
$42.95
2 hrs ago
Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries

Old 12-31-2020, 06:48 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
DFW TX

I think at least have in my collection have that particular dent. I just assumed it was manufacturing imperfections.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:03 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan26 View Post
Hi. Wasn’t referring to you specifically though I can see no WB how it could be construed as such. It was based on some unfortunate times I did actually deal with these types of buyers.
You’re a good guy as it comes across in your posts so sorry if you took personal. Again, it wasn’t my attention. Have a nice day and a Happy New Years.
Dealt with that once. Was selling a Steelbook and someone wanted extra pictures. It was Inception because he wanted an image of the film cell. Took it, but I Wasn't hold the steelbook with gloves!.

He got mad and had to message me saying he wasn't interested. He could have just...not bid on it and I would have gotten the message lol
Old 01-01-2021, 06:09 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

This is damage:

What you have is hardly noticeable. Don't worry, dude.
Old 01-08-2021, 06:05 AM   #44
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

I ordered a dented Winter Solider steelbook once. I was bummed and had to order another one.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelbook Indy View Post
It’s really this simple. The seller owes you a copy of this Steelbook in mint condition unless advertised otherwise. It doesn’t matter if it was damaged in transit to you, to him or some other way. If you receive anything less than described, it’s on the seller to make it right for you. If s/he doesn’t, you can open an eBay case of “Item Not As Described,” and you’ll win.
This is exactly the reason why I stopped selling steelbooks on eBay. If an item is damaged in transit it always favors the buyer. Most of the time there is no replacement. So your out the steelbook and what you spent on it, your time and any profit made off the sale. No thanks. I had this happen I asked buyer to return damaged steelbook to me and I would refund them and they never did and just filed an item not as described case and won. I didn't get my steelbook back and was out any profit.

If I do decide to sell one in the future on their platform it's going to be double boxed, cardboard taped around it and bubble wrapped to no end.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:51 PM   #46

Dec 2020
Exegol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
I know what you are saying, and I apologize because it did sound harsh. WHen you say the matter is finished on my end, does that mean you requested a return, or did you leave it at just messaging the seller?

Hey JayTL! Sorry for the SUPER late reply. I hadn't signed in for a while and when I checked back I thought this thread was deleted. It turns out it was just moved.

As for your reply - No worries! It's all good. No hard feelings.

As for my situation, I returned the item how I received it and got a refund. I even would have been fine with paying return shipping. I then bought my friend another copy for their birthday!

If I was buying it for me, I would not have bothered returning.
Thanks given by:
JayTL (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #47

Dec 2020
Exegol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porco Azzurro View Post
Most polite Kylo Ren ever.

I hope you gain a satisfactory outcome to all this, I definitely think you are justified in getting a partial refund. Even Zavvi themselves would have probably offered you 10-15% for a noticeable dent like that.
Thanks, Porco! Sorry for the SUPER late reply. I thought this thread was deleted only to see it was moved.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #48

Dec 2020
Exegol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texansfan26 View Post
Hi. Wasn’t referring to you specifically though I can see no WB how it could be construed as such. It was based on some unfortunate times I did actually deal with these types of buyers.
You’re a good guy as it comes across in your posts so sorry if you took personal. Again, it wasn’t my attention. Have a nice day and a Happy New Years.
Hey Texansfan26! Thank you for clarifying. No worries! It's all good.

My apologies for the SUPER late reply. I thought the thread was deleted, but it was just moved.

I hope you are having a good 2021 so far. Take care!
Old 02-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #49

Dec 2020
Exegol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps3bd_owner View Post
This is damage:

What you have is hardly noticeable. Don't worry, dude.
I am so sorry to see you had to experience this kind of damage, ps3bd_owner!

I hope you were able to get a replacement or at least a good discount/refund for that.

Sorry for the very late reply. I thought this thread was deleted - then I found it had moved.

Last edited by Kylo_Ren; 02-26-2021 at 05:11 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks > SteelBook Collection Galleries