Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Keeping Up Appearances: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (DVD)
$33.74
14 hrs ago
Land (DVD)
$17.96

Godzilla vs. Kong (DVD)
$27.99
6 hrs ago
The Mauritanian (DVD)
$17.96

The Father (DVD)
$14.99
17 hrs ago
Vera: Set 10 (DVD)
$20.99

Transformers: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Marksman (DVD)
$17.96

The Cosby Show: The Complete Series (DVD)
$24.55
2 hrs ago
Fast Times at Ridgemont High (DVD)
$20.99

Steven Universe: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$59.98

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 02-26-2021, 04:04 PM   #241
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

Well payment was taken and it's in my order history, but no confirmation email, so we'll just have to wait and see... but even by Notwork's sale standards this was a complete clusterfork.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:31 PM   #242
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
England

I guess you've probably already checked, but I gather some people have been charged more than once in the few posts I was reading. What with all the problems you've been having, the last thing you want now is to be billed twice.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:38 PM   #243
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

I paid by Paypal and that looks like it was just charged once, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

It always amazes me that these SNAFUs have been going on for at least a decade yet they still haven't sorted out their website.

Last edited by Aclea; 02-26-2021 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:33 PM   #244
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Off the top of my head, the last Network title I purchased directly from the label, was the limited edition last volume of one of the Gerry Anderson series or Man in a Suitcase.

I was going to get Armchair Thriller and maybe one of the Orson Welles Great Mysteries volumes, but after reading on here last night about the technical problems people were experiencing, I decided against it.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:59 PM   #245
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

Probably best for your sanity. It took me 80 minutes but a few managed to place orders around 2AM. It was crashed again by morning.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 09:40 PM   #246
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclea View Post
Probably best for your sanity. It took me 80 minutes but a few managed to place orders around 2AM. It was crashed again by morning.
I hope this is taken as meant, a light-hearted joke about Network's website server...someone forgot to put the pennies in the meter. On a serious note, it would have created further anxiety for me.

You try and help out various labels when you can. Like with Powerhouse, I haven't bought many titles directly from Network in the past twelve months (referring to already released titles). I'm interested in seeing what new TV titles get announced and added to Network's Coming Soon and Exclusive sections on their website (they've been very light on those, compared to the British Film line).
Thanks given by:
Aclea (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 09:53 PM   #247
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
You try and help out various labels when you can. Like with Powerhouse, I haven't bought many titles directly from Network in the past twelve months (referring to already released titles). I'm interested in seeing what new TV titles get announced and added to Network's Coming Soon and Exclusive sections on their website (they've been very light on those, compared to the British Film line).
I have bought stuff directly from Network in the past, but not during a sale period, so everything went through OK. The same goes with Indicator - never had problems with them, and their packaging is truly excellent. I really like Network's releases, but when you read about people's experiences when dealing directly with them during this current sale, it kind of puts you off buying from them.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 09:55 PM   #248
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

I'm a regular for their sales and they never have any change for the meter, but this was the very worst it's ever been by a long way. It's always painfully slow the first day of a big sale (as in pages taking forever to load and checkout taking 15 minutes) but never crashed completely as it did constantly even after extending it by 20 hours. A flash four hour sale was just asking for trouble, but no-one was expecting it to be this bad.
Thanks given by:
CV19 (02-26-2021), OceanBlue (02-26-2021)
Old 02-26-2021, 10:03 PM   #249
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
England

Yes I agree, I thought 4 hours was a bit ridiculous to be honest with you. I don't know why they came up with such a narrow window like that.
Thanks given by:
Aclea (02-28-2021), OceanBlue (02-26-2021)
Old 03-09-2021, 08:25 PM   #250

Mar 2021
USA

Odeon's Blu-ray of A Study in Terror is also available to buy on Moviemail's website
Old 03-09-2021, 09:08 PM   #251
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Following on from my previous post (regarding the first paragraph), I've contacted Network regarding their streaming service, and asked if any of the shows will eventually get physical media releases (I'd like to see Dial 999 get an eventual physical media release). They've replied back, saying:

Quote:
Thanks for your email

We do have plans to release some of the ABC titles on the streaming service on DVD, precise details will be announced soon

Many thanks
Following on from the above quoted post, Dial 999: The Complete Series (part of the ABC Collection) has been added to the Coming Soon section on Network's website. It's being released just before the end of April (title and release date is subject to change).

Last edited by OceanBlue; 03-10-2021 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:19 PM   #252
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Also added to the Coming Soon page on Network's website (title and release date subject to change):

ABC Collection:

Journey of a Lifetime: The Complete Series - Monday 5th April.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:38 PM   #253
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Finally an update today from Network about the recent flash sale debacle (a discount code). It's normal, but I was hoping I could use the discount code on two pre-order titles, but sadly not (I'd forgot that discount codes normally can't be used on pre-order titles).
Old 03-12-2021, 09:20 PM   #254
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Looks like Network's release of anthology series Shadows of Fear is out-of-print, as I can't find it on their website. Have a question to ask about the runtime of the final episode "The Party's Over". Why is it half the length of the other episodes in the series?

About a different anthology series, Leap in the Dark, does this series have clearance issues?
Old 03-12-2021, 09:45 PM   #255
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2012

Hard to tell: the last episode was broadcast two years later so may have been an attempt to reformat it for a new season (as with The Bill going from an hour to half hour slot) but ditching the idea after just one episode.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 10:48 PM   #256
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aclea View Post
Hard to tell: the last episode was broadcast two years later so may have been an attempt to reformat it for a new season (as with The Bill going from an hour to half hour slot) but ditching the idea after just one episode.
Thanks for your help with this query. It would make sense, what you say.

I'm hoping Network can license further anthology series (based on the IMDb, Leap in the Dark was a BBC series).
Thanks given by:
Aclea (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 10:49 PM   #257
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I am commenting on the Blu-ray release, but sometimes discussion can get lost in the UK & Ireland sub-forum thread for Network. It's sort of a blind-buy, but having checked Network's website listing page, as well as it's IMDb section, am likely going to get Journey of a Lifetime: The Complete Series. Seems a fair pre-order price/price.
Old 03-18-2021, 09:23 PM   #258
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Decided to get Orson Welles Great Mysteries: Volume One with the discount code.
Old 04-26-2021, 10:26 PM   #259
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
I am commenting on the Blu-ray release, but sometimes discussion can get lost in the UK & Ireland sub-forum thread for Network. It's sort of a blind-buy, but having checked Network's website listing page, as well as it's IMDb section, am likely going to get Journey of a Lifetime: The Complete Series. Seems a fair pre-order price/price.
Following on from the above quoted post, have seen a copy of Network's Blu-ray release of Journey of a Lifetime in my local branch of HMV. But there is no slipcover. Is there a slipcover if you order it directly from Network? The price difference is 2.

Saw today instore, a copy of Dial 999: The Complete Series. Had wondered what type of DVD case Network have used for this five-disc set. It's a standard clear plastic case used for season sets of TV series. But I'll get it from Network directly as the price difference was 6.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies