Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.30

Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$10.99
1 hr ago
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.72

Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$17.99
5 hrs ago
Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Coming to America 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Ultraman Leo: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$34.96

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 02-07-2021, 05:44 AM   #2541
Special Member

Oct 2012

Got my 100, SC2 a few days ago and used them all up today. I should've ordered double, still missing 30 or so but I should've just futured up bigtime to minimize overall shipping. I thought I would only sheath my most precious steels but I absolutely love these covers! I went ahead and ordered another 100.
Old 02-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #2542

Nov 2011

I have just posted this in the games area, but this might be better? Does anyone know of any steelbook protectors for Nintendo Switch cases?
Old 02-13-2021, 02:09 PM   #2543
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanUK View Post
I have just posted this in the games area, but this might be better? Does anyone know of any steelbook protectors for Nintendo Switch cases?
retroprotection.com has them.
Thanks given by:
AlanUK (02-14-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 10:19 AM   #2544

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
Thank you, they don't ship to the UK though
Old 02-14-2021, 01:55 PM   #2545
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanUK View Post
Thank you, they don't ship to the UK though
I had a feeling your name meant that

I guess at least that gives you hope that they do make them. I donít know if any eBay sellers have them. Or if you really want them, maybe someone can reship them to you
Thanks given by:
AlanUK (02-14-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 02:48 PM   #2546
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149

I have ordered another 400 SC2 which will arrive tomorrow. Unfortunately I had no random reward discount appear like the £75 or so last time

I might have ordered 500 but that quantity wasn't available and I could have made it up, but it worked out more expensive and this was the next best option

With the first 250 and the last 500, I did my Marvel, DC, Disney, Pixar, Arrow Video, Masters Of Cinema etc and a random selection of others. I will still need another 500 or so after all these

While I had everything fairly well sorted, my steels are a little disorganised now with taking ones off the shelf. I had them mainly sorted by studio of release but I'm thinking about doing it a bit different

For instance while I had the MCU movies together, I'm going to have all Marvel movies/TV shows/animated features together, the same with DC

I'm also thinking about keeping Spielberg, Kubrick, Tarantino together, in their own sections with a section also for film series like Mission Impossible, Star Trek, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Fast And Furious and so on. I'm going to have a lot of labels stuck on some shelves. I'm not keeping 4K ones separate

It's going to take a lot of work, but I only have to do it once
Old 03-26-2021, 11:07 AM   #2547
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands

I have just received the SC2 I ordered from Steelbook Central and so I can finally finish the remaining steelbooks I have left to do and I have some spare ones to keep me going for a bit

I have also put all my DVD steelbooks in slipcovers. I'm just waiting for the jumbo ones to come back into stock so I can do all my jumbo Blu-rays

I also ordered some SCF2 (old) for the steelbooks in slipcovers. I did some measurements and they seemed fine, but after putting them in, they seem a bit too deep and the gap isn't really ideal

I'd only ordered twenty, but I had paid for them and I wanted to find a use for them. I tried a couple of the Second Sight sets such as Take Shelter and Revenge, but they are slightly too tall to properly fit in. The newer version of that slipcover isn't any better after seeing the measurements, so I'm still looking for something I can use for those and some of the slightly larger sets. I could almost do with having one of each type they sell and then seeing what works for what, and then ordering the required quantity because I don't really want to be just ordering different ones on the off chance, as it's a bit expensive especially if they're no good for anything I have

I ended up using them on Anime sets I have such as Millennium Actress and they fit in there with little spare space. They also seem to fit the 101 Films Black Label titles well and so I will move them over from bags. I think the SCF3 will be better for the steelbooks in slipboxes and I can also use them for the HMV Premium Collection range and the Imprint titles

I do think whether I should've got the SCF1 for steelbooks rather than SC2, but I do like the ease of not having to open the extra flap at the top and I've already spent a lot on them so it would be stupid to swap over now

I'm going to keep a note of the product numbers and what I use them for so I know in future what I need to order
Old 03-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #2548

Dec 2017
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyl149 View Post
I tried a couple of the Second Sight sets such as Take Shelter and Revenge, but they are slightly too tall to properly fit in. The newer version of that slipcover isn't any better after seeing the measurements, so I'm still looking for something I can use for those and some of the slightly larger sets
I use SCF4 for Second Sight and Arrow limited boxes.
Thanks given by:
mattyl149 (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #2549
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mth View Post
I use SCF4 for Second Sight and Arrow limited boxes.
Is that the old size or new size? Not that there appears to be a huge difference

Are they a snug fit, or is there space left over? The SCF2 were fine for depth, but it was just the height that was a little off (I don't have the J Cards on)
Old 03-26-2021, 11:22 AM   #2550

Dec 2017
Denmark

Quote:
Is that the old size or new size? Not that there appears to be a huge difference

Are they a snug fit, or is there space left over? The SCF2 were fine for depth, but it was just the height that was a little off (I don't have the J Cards on)
I can't say for sure as my most recent order wasn't with SC themselves, but a partnered shop. They usually state "old size" if it is, and they didn't do that on my latest batch. So my best bet is the newest size.

They are listed as:
Inside 139mm, 176mm, 25mm
Outside 140mm, 177mm, 26mm

For the slightly larger/thicker releases such as "In Bruges" from Second Sight and Robocop from Arrow I use SCF8 which is near a perfect fit.
Thanks given by:
mattyl149 (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #2551

Dec 2017
Denmark

Quote:
See photo for an example of SCF4 and SCF8
Old 03-26-2021, 11:29 AM   #2552
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands

Quote:
I can't say for sure as my most recent order wasn't with SC themselves, but a partnered shop. They usually state "old size" if it is, and they didn't do that on my latest batch. So my best bet is the newest size.

They are listed as:
Inside 139mm, 176mm, 25mm
Outside 140mm, 177mm, 26mm

For the slightly larger/thicker releases such as "In Bruges" from Second Sight and Robocop from Arrow I use SCF8 which is near a perfect fit.
That's the old size then, but I'll probably get the newer ones just for that extra 1mm of height

What I'm going to need to do is go through my collection and see how many of each type I am likely to need before I order and as you mentioned the SCF8 (which I hadn't really looked into) see what larger sets I could use them on. I'd rather order, if not all that I need, a decent amount of them, in one go so that I keep the postage costs down. I also want to make sure I get them before the bank holidays

I'm reorganising my collection at the moment and so it would be beneficial ifI could have as many as I can moved from bags to slipboxes
Old 03-27-2021, 04:45 AM   #2553
Power Member

Jan 2012

Not a question about cases per se but has anyone experienced wear on the corners of a glossy steelbook, the open side not the spine side. Im wondering what causes this and if its something I should be worried about.

I do plan on buying protective cases but the damage may have already been done.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:41 PM   #2554

Aug 2014
Cleveland, OH

Quote:
I have just received the SC2 I ordered from Steelbook Central and so I can finally finish the remaining steelbooks I have left to do and I have some spare ones to keep me going for a bit

I have also put all my DVD steelbooks in slipcovers. I'm just waiting for the jumbo ones to come back into stock so I can do all my jumbo Blu-rays

I also ordered some SCF2 (old) for the steelbooks in slipcovers. I did some measurements and they seemed fine, but after putting them in, they seem a bit too deep and the gap isn't really ideal

I'd only ordered twenty, but I had paid for them and I wanted to find a use for them. I tried a couple of the Second Sight sets such as Take Shelter and Revenge, but they are slightly too tall to properly fit in. The newer version of that slipcover isn't any better after seeing the measurements, so I'm still looking for something I can use for those and some of the slightly larger sets. I could almost do with having one of each type they sell and then seeing what works for what, and then ordering the required quantity because I don't really want to be just ordering different ones on the off chance, as it's a bit expensive especially if they're no good for anything I have

I ended up using them on Anime sets I have such as Millennium Actress and they fit in there with little spare space. They also seem to fit the 101 Films Black Label titles well and so I will move them over from bags. I think the SCF3 will be better for the steelbooks in slipboxes and I can also use them for the HMV Premium Collection range and the Imprint titles

I do think whether I should've got the SCF1 for steelbooks rather than SC2, but I do like the ease of not having to open the extra flap at the top and I've already spent a lot on them so it would be stupid to swap over now

I'm going to keep a note of the product numbers and what I use them for so I know in future what I need to order
*Note- SCF5 is what you want for old DVD G1 steelbooks
Old 03-27-2021, 07:44 PM   #2555

Aug 2014
Cleveland, OH

Quote:
Whose shop is partnered with SC?
Old 03-27-2021, 09:13 PM   #2556
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
*Note- SCF5 is what you want for old DVD G1 steelbooks
I used SC4 for DVD. Like the SC2, they cover 3/4 sides so they're all the same

I'm looking for something for the HMV VHS range and the couple that Zavvi put out. I'm sticking with the full covering for those

I'm looking to place an order soon so I get it before bank holiday and I'm trying to get a total of what I need, not that I will order all that I need at once. I want to tag those on
Old 03-28-2021, 12:21 AM   #2557

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamedLiquid View Post
Not a question about cases per se but has anyone experienced wear on the corners of a glossy steelbook, the open side not the spine side. Im wondering what causes this and if its something I should be worried about.

I do plan on buying protective cases but the damage may have already been done.
If you mean from just sitting on a shelf with no case, anything is possible. Some are worn right out of the package, I think it is from a light paint application around the rounded edges. Just like paint on a car anything you do, even touching them has a potential to do damage. At least car paint has a clear coat, I doubt steels do.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:23 AM   #2558
Power Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuio View Post
If you mean from just sitting on a shelf with no case, anything is possible. Some are worn right out of the package, I think it is from a light paint application around the rounded edges. Just like paint on a car anything you do, even touching them has a potential to do damage. At least car paint has a clear coat, I doubt steels do.
Yes just sitting on a shelf with no protective case. Its just odd i dont notice wear on the corners on the spine side and its only with glossy steelbooks. No noticeable wear on matte finish steelbooks.
Old 03-28-2021, 01:11 AM   #2559
Special Member

Oct 2010

I know sc have been doing these protectors for years had i been s still in uk not a problem no shipping.
But for years only thing that's put me off is cost of shipping to australia with cost if items and shipping im just thinking the stuff i can buy with the costs.

Most if not all my steelbooks are still sealed with j cards most from zavvi and as you know some j cards thicker on some steels than others.
I believe scf1 was the way to go here.

I have imprints titles with slips im sure someone mentioned they used protectors on these?
I do have some cool slips from years gone but not so now as they just do them here.
I have a good few second sight and arrow ltd what's needed for them.

I do have a lot of premuims which be nice to protect.

I may have to do this in stages in getting the protectors had i done it years ago it be less painful today cost wise.
I most have about 700 steelbooks.
That's not to mentioned all the the many limited editions and premuims.
It be nice to just get everything i need but that will not work, i have my steels in poly bags but some have not as j cards are too thick.

It just be nice to protect my stuff more so when i sometimes move house now and again.

I suppose there is no cheaper options to get these sent to me other than sc as depending on what's ordered shipping can be as much as the order.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:46 PM   #2560

Dec 2017
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. 95 View Post
Whose shop is partnered with SC?
A German shop. Not sure if that is really any better for you.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks