Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24
14 hrs ago
Star Trek: Discovery - Season Three (Blu-ray)
$38.99
53 min ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99
17 hrs ago
The Twilight Zone: Season One (Blu-ray)
$28.12
14 hrs ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Gleipnir: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99
1 day ago
One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49
1 day ago
The Watch (Blu-ray)
$22.99
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 03-18-2021, 07:44 AM   #4721

Mar 2021

Thanks for sharing this.
Old 03-18-2021, 07:38 PM   #4722
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I liked this episode very much, and didn't see a lot of conflict between the various story elements. I missed out on Season 6 completely, so that may be why I'm more open-minded about the current state of the show. But all told, I've enjoyed what I'm seeing in Season 7 so far. My only hope is that Tom Cavanagh comes back for more episodes; the show just isn't the same without him.
Old 03-18-2021, 11:34 PM   #4723
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
But yeah, my eyes almost got stuck rolling so hard at the Iris thing. Any way they can try to over exaggerate her importance to the show, not just Barry, I guess.
they have to please the obnoxious westallen shippers/Candice Patton fans on twitter somehow
Old 03-24-2021, 06:25 PM   #4724
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Quote:
But yeah, my eyes almost got stuck rolling so hard at the Iris thing. Any way they can try to over exaggerate her importance to the show, not just Barry, I guess.
Honestly, I've felt this way ever since the second season, where they have tried to endlessly make Iris as important if not more important than Barry Allen/The Flash. The one thing I pointed out way back then was that fans of the series tune in to watch Barry/Flash not to watch the "Unimportant Adventures of Iris West".

Since the seventh season started, I've been doing a WTF take on these episodes. The writers have feel like they are on a crusade to remove all forms of violence from the series. How Barry Allen has been written in regards to Mirror Mistress and the recent episode with Abra Kadabra? It sounds like the writers are going woke with the series. This is what I'm talking about:

[Show spoiler]Barry Allen talks Mirror Mistress to death about not going through with her plans to send everyone to the "mirror universe"ô

Abra Kadabra getting talked to death about not blowing up the city and then turning into a hero to save Barry

If this is what the series is turning into, just like what has happened to Arrow and the Canaries canceled before it got off the ground, Supergirl (final sixth season) and Batwoman canceled after the third season runs its course. I have no idea why the entertainment industry is shooting itself in the foot. I think Berlanti got too comfortable with the success of his Arrowverse shows up until Crisis on Infinite Earths and then they just crapped all that good will away, that they generated with the fans, for this recent slew or poorly conceived plot directions for these shows.

Stargirl felt like the first step in the right direction but I think that series will find it going down that dark road as well.

If Flash is going to turn into another one of those "let's talk out our differences" type of shows, then I'm not interested in the series anymore. The Flash is the most successful of the Arrowverse shows and I'd prefer they keep that trend going. I just hope they don't focus too much on "talking things through" instead of seeing Flash beat up on people with his fists. I'd like to see Flash using a super speed punch, like Donnie Yen in the Ip man movies.
Old 03-24-2021, 10:46 PM   #4725

Jul 2010
rhode island

I liked Ralph/Sue storyline and he was very likeable. Getting rid of him was a mistake. The new scientist guy is annoying as hell.
Old 03-24-2021, 11:06 PM   #4726
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Batwoman canceled after the third season runs its course.
lol Batwoman isn't getting cancelled after S3. its getting a S4. if its made it this far there is no stopping it
Old 03-24-2021, 11:58 PM   #4727

Dec 2019

Has there been any indication of how much more this show will go? It's catching up to Arrow fast at this point but I haven't heard anything.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:47 AM   #4728
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben6543 View Post
lol Batwoman isn't getting cancelled after S3. its getting a S4. if its made it this far there is no stopping it
The rumor was that they're planning on cancelling/ending it with season 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigop1ayer View Post
Has there been any indication of how much more this show will go? It's catching up to Arrow fast at this point but I haven't heard anything.
It was renewed for season 8 back in February, so then it'll have the same amount of seasons as Arrow but will run for more episodes due to Arrow only having 10 in the final season.

Quote:
Honestly, I've felt this way ever since the second season, where they have tried to endlessly make Iris as important if not more important than Barry Allen/The Flash. The one thing I pointed out way back then was that fans of the series tune in to watch Barry/Flash not to watch the "Unimportant Adventures of Iris West".

Since the seventh season started, I've been doing a WTF take on these episodes. The writers have feel like they are on a crusade to remove all forms of violence from the series. How Barry Allen has been written in regards to Mirror Mistress and the recent episode with Abra Kadabra? It sounds like the writers are going woke with the series. This is what I'm talking about:

[Show spoiler]Barry Allen talks Mirror Mistress to death about not going through with her plans to send everyone to the "mirror universe"ô

Abra Kadabra getting talked to death about not blowing up the city and then turning into a hero to save Barry

If this is what the series is turning into, just like what has happened to Arrow and the Canaries canceled before it got off the ground, Supergirl (final sixth season) and Batwoman canceled after the third season runs its course. I have no idea why the entertainment industry is shooting itself in the foot. I think Berlanti got too comfortable with the success of his Arrowverse shows up until Crisis on Infinite Earths and then they just crapped all that good will away, that they generated with the fans, for this recent slew or poorly conceived plot directions for these shows.

Stargirl felt like the first step in the right direction but I think that series will find it going down that dark road as well.

If Flash is going to turn into another one of those "let's talk out our differences" type of shows, then I'm not interested in the series anymore. The Flash is the most successful of the Arrowverse shows and I'd prefer they keep that trend going. I just hope they don't focus too much on "talking things through" instead of seeing Flash beat up on people with his fists. I'd like to see Flash using a super speed punch, like Donnie Yen in the Ip man movies.
Yeah the whole making everybody just give up through talking is getting old. It can work with some, maybe smaller ones, but you're not going to be able to talk down a Reverse Flash type villain. I also don't see why it takes so long for Flash to defeat some people anyway, he can literally just speed them into meta-cuffs and into a meta-cell before they should be able to do much.
Old 03-25-2021, 12:51 AM   #4729
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Killer Frost should be able to drop a lot of villains pretty easily herself.
Old 03-25-2021, 01:02 AM   #4730
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017

In my opinion Eric Wallace is the worst showrunner The Flash has ever had.
Old 03-25-2021, 02:11 AM   #4731

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Killer Frost should be able to drop a lot of villains pretty easily herself.
If they could just rename the show Killer Frost thatíd be great! Itís gotten to the point where this past episode if Flash starts talking the villain to death I fast forward. If Iris basically says anything for an extended period I fast forward. I used to love this show. Now itís painful.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:21 PM   #4732
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-flas...allen-impulse/

Jordan Fisher cast as Impulse aka Bart Allen
Old 03-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #4733
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben6543 View Post
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/the-flas...allen-impulse/

Jordan Fisher cast as Impulse aka Bart Allen
They relied too heavily on the multiverse, which I liked the idea of but it shouldn't have been so influential all the time, and now they're relying too heavily on the future. We don't need another future kid for them to erase.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:58 AM   #4734
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017

Another stupid episode where a Pep Talk stops the Villain of the week this time by Chester. What a filler episode.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:18 AM   #4735
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Plus, this episode begged for a crossover with LoT due to the nature of the villian, but whatever.

The Force War is one of the bigger more recent Flash Stories so hopefully it turns out okay for the rest of the season. Granted, they messed up the most famous Flash story when they botched Flash point, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

The first season of Flash was amazing and every season since then has pretty much gone down hill from there.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:23 AM   #4736
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
Plus, this episode begged for a crossover with LoT due to the nature of the villian, but whatever.

The Force War is one of the bigger more recent Flash Stories so hopefully it turns out okay for the rest of the season. Granted, they messed up the most famous Flash story when they botched Flash point, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up.

The first season of Flash was amazing and every season since then has pretty much gone down hill from there.
I was thinking the same about LoT, but I don't see how they'd have helped anything lol They'd have just got on his radar and made it worse than P.Runk did. Plus, COVID production pods are what's stopping crossovers this year.
Old 04-08-2021, 03:43 AM   #4737
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
I was thinking the same about LoT, but I don't see how they'd have helped anything lol They'd have just got on his radar and made it worse than P.Runk did. Plus, COVID production pods are what's stopping crossovers this year.
Well yeah I realize it's not practical and don't know what they really would have done to help (Besides maybe neutralizing his powers faster then Cisco tried to) , but logically you would think they would be there. But then, I was thinking the same thing in a lot of other things like Supergirl, Iron Man 3, etc where it would have made a lot more sense to have other people there.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:42 AM   #4738
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Bad news for fans of the series. It appears that it's been announced that Tom Cavanagh (Harrison Wells) and Carlos Valdes (Cisco/Vibe) are leaving the show after season seven. From what's being reported, they aren't killing their characters off, as they are leaving the door open in the event they want to return. But that Tom was reported to leave at the of last season but that the pandemic struck and it postponed his leaving the series. Report is that he's scheduled to appear again in the current season but that he's not scheduled to return.

Carlos is scheduled to end his series run at some point during the current season.

This is being reported by Deadline, with other sites reporting it as well.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ting-the-flash
Old 05-05-2021, 04:04 AM   #4739
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Bad news for fans of the series. It appears that it's been announced that Tom Cavanagh (Harrison Wells) and Carlos Valdes (Cisco/Vibe) are leaving the show after season seven. From what's being reported, they aren't killing their characters off, as they are leaving the door open in the event they want to return. But that Tom was reported to leave at the of last season but that the pandemic struck and it postponed his leaving the series. Report is that he's scheduled to appear again in the current season but that he's not scheduled to return.

Carlos is scheduled to end his series run at some point during the current season.

This is being reported by Deadline, with other sites reporting it as well.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ting-the-flash
I liked Cisco at first, but lately he's served no real purpose other than to get mad at Barry or for them to randomly have new tech. He took the meta cure, but now he's using tech to replicate his power to help fight... so why did you even take the cure? CW is trying to sign Grant Gustin on for a longer contract, but honestly I think they need to start winding down, or find a way to keep the season bid bad but work up their way to a final big boss and end the show, it's starting to run on fumes and they'd lost sight of what the show even is.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:30 AM   #4740
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Quote:
I liked Cisco at first, but lately he's served no real purpose other than to get mad at Barry or for them to randomly have new tech. He took the meta cure, but now he's using tech to replicate his power to help fight... so why did you even take the cure? CW is trying to sign Grant Gustin on for a longer contract, but honestly I think they need to start winding down, or find a way to keep the season bid bad but work up their way to a final big boss and end the show, it's starting to run on fumes and they'd lost sight of what the show even is.
I have to admit that I had the same thoughts about Cisco. His character has been a whining little B ever since Flashpoint and he serves as nothing more than to hate on Barry. But, his character has been scaled back on the appearances on the series for the past few seasons. For a character who is written as very intelligent, he seems to have the ability to not use those insights. Personally, I always hated how he would always geek out at naming every super-powered character that the gang always came across.

But, there has always been rampant speculation that he was leaving the show for the past two seasons and I'm just glad he's finally gone. But, Tom Cavanagh was a shock. He felt more like a recurring actor than part of the normal cast. He could have simply remaining as a recurring actor instead of leaving the series.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows