Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
4 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
1 day ago
Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.65
2 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Star Trek: Enterprise - Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.48
13 hrs ago
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.54
1 day ago
Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 04-09-2021, 09:33 PM   #26121
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin sam View Post
The last good season. Every Ep knocked it out the park. Seriously, how did Negan joining ruin the show? Each season since he joined just got worse and worse.

What? Negan did not ruin TWD the poor writing did and the fact that AMC did not want to push content when it came to the Comic Books version of Negan also was a problem. Heck we were lucky enough to get Glenn killed off like in the Comic Book.

Seriously when was the last time TWD followed the Comic Books or even closely since season 1-3 was the last I remember and some in later seasons here and there.

The whole series became a disaster thanks to Twitter world and because kids watching the series.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:47 PM   #26122
Special Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMkLg068426 View Post
What? Negan did not ruin TWD the poor writing did and the fact that AMC did not want to push content when it came to the Comic Books version of Negan also was a problem. Heck we were lucky enough to get Glenn killed off like in the Comic Book.

Seriously when was the last time TWD followed the Comic Books or even closely since season 1-3 was the last I remember and some in later seasons here and there.

The whole series became a disaster thanks to Twitter world and because kids watching the series.
Well maybe not him directly on his own. His character got annoying real quick. Your right, the writing didn't help. But since season 7 it's got worse every year. The only EP of merit for me was that one with Gabriel and Aaron. That felt like TWD of old. People are the threat. Seeing how people act is when it's been at it's best. Sinister. Disturbing. The walkers are not a threat.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:57 PM   #26123

Nov 2016
Wirral, England

Quote:
Isn't Daryl supposedly gay in the CMB? Or later was that idea thrown out.
I don't know what CMB means but if you mean the comic book then no, because he doesn't exist in it.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:48 AM   #26124
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010
Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthehip View Post
I don't know what CMB means but if you mean the comic book then no, because he doesn't exist in it.
When Negan first appeared on the show, I don't think we were ever meant to LIKE him. He was the key villain, killed our FAVORITE character and another major key player, and everything about him was obnoxious, his stance, his swag, that constant backwards lean and the torture he put Rick through made him a character we only LOVED to HATE!

But, he was so compelling, they kept him around, and now we see a softer more human side to him. He has been humbled and gone to great strides and sacrificed to redeem himself.

And while this has made him an even MORE compelling character, NONE of us can fault Maggie for her hatred of this man, or for wanting him DEAD!

Personally, I think her rejection of his good intentions and everyone else's support of Maggie could easily force him BACK to the evil Negan out of frustration. It makes perfect since, and then, once we witness his slow turn back to his dark side....THEN....we can actually support and appreciate Maggie FINALLY getting her well-deserved revenge on him, and we will cheer her on for it. This would make the story and plot come to full circle.

Yeah......that's how I would write this storyline if I were in charge.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:57 AM   #26125

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
They should can the films and bring Andrew Lincoln back for the final season.
They may well do that as I don't think these films are actually going to happen anyway.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:59 AM   #26126
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...+dead&page=122

Title will likely be updated soon.

Most people just go in there to shit on the show (myself included) typically.
I see, thanks, I found that thread but nobody even commenting it... even after the BIG event of episode 8...
Old 04-10-2021, 04:05 AM   #26127
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
What is the CBM?
Old 04-10-2021, 04:34 AM   #26128
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Bro. Daryl not even a comic book character.
Thanks given by:
A Tortured Duckling (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 04:37 AM   #26129
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
When Negan first appeared on the show, I don't think we were ever meant to LIKE him. He was the key villain, killed our FAVORITE character and another major key player, and everything about him was obnoxious, his stance, his swag, that constant backwards lean and the torture he put Rick through made him a character we only LOVED to HATE!
That's definitely not the way I saw his character. I genuinely liked him because, unlike all the other "villains" - Negan did what he did because he could, and because he enjoyed it. There was no underlying reason for the things he did other than "the world has ended, why the hell not?" and he played that part exceptionally well. He's also the only one who wasn't all talk and no walk, and that's another thing that made him such a fantastic bad guy. He was also one of the few genuinely honest characters, regardless of what it was he was being honest about. There was never any bullshit with him, and that's something that can't be said about the so called "protagonists" or "good guys" in this show.

There are also many smaller moments where he shows restraint, principles, and even compassion when he doesn't have to. He did not kill Carl. He ended Spencer for being a scheming, backstabbing fanny. He gave Simon a chance to defend himself. He prevented Sascha from being assaulted and killed the guy who would have assaulted her. I'm sure there is more, but I just can't remember it right now. Oh, and considering I quit watching early on in Season 8, all of this happened while he was still Bad Guy Negan. Imo, his character is the very best that show gave us, at least up to and including the episodes I watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Bro. Daryl not even a comic book character.
Haha, yeah. Many people have no idea Daryl doesn't exist in the source material. They also don't know Andrea isn't the awful, awful character she was in the show.
Thanks given by:
InBruges (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 05:07 AM   #26130
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

It baffles me that many of those on here who post about having watched the show don’t have interest in reading the comic book. They’re too worried about spoilers or don’t have the time to sit down and read. When really the comic is a much better form of story and entertainment than what the TV series has become. The comic series is to the TV series as the Snyder Cut was to Whedon’s Justice League.

I honestly hope that after the show ends, it encourages viewers to go out and read the comic. As that’s what it did for me when the first season finished airing. And I wouldn’t have been such a major diehard/fanboy if it weren’t for reading the comics.

Because that is what held my interest when watching the seasons as the show went on. It enhanced my knowledge of what the future held and made me question how different/remixed or deviate from the comics the show would while bringing me joy at seeing iconic/memorable comic moments brought to life on the show.

And with the fully colorized Walking Dead Deluxe issues releasing monthly, now’s the perfect chance to experience Kirkman’s award winning comic series in a entirely new way.

Last edited by jayman3; 04-10-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 05:18 AM   #26131
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

I may read the comics when the show ends.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:00 AM   #26132

Nov 2016
Wirral, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms View Post
When Negan first appeared on the show, I don't think we were ever meant to LIKE him.
You have obviously replied to me by mistake but NOOOOO. Of course we are meant to like him, just as we like Tony Soprano or Don Draper.
Thanks given by:
A Tortured Duckling (04-10-2021), slimjean (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #26133
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Darren View Post
What is the CBM?
People much to busy apparently to actually type out Comic Book apparently.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:33 PM   #26134
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
It baffles me that many of those on here who post about having watched the show don’t have interest in reading the comic book. They’re too worried about spoilers or don’t have the time to sit down and read. When really the comic is a much better form of story and entertainment than what the TV series has become. The comic series is to the TV series as the Snyder Cut was to Whedon’s Justice League.

I honestly hope that after the show ends, it encourages viewers to go out and read the comic. As that’s what it did for me when the first season finished airing. And I wouldn’t have been such a major diehard/fanboy if it weren’t for reading the comics.

Because that is what held my interest when watching the seasons as the show went on. It enhanced my knowledge of what the future held and made me question how different/remixed or deviate from the comics the show would while bringing me joy at seeing iconic/memorable comic moments brought to life on the show.

And with the fully colorized Walking Dead Deluxe issues releasing monthly, Moe’s the perfect chance to experience Kirkman’s award winning comic series in a entirely new way.
I got the 1st 4? comics and gave them a try - but I got frustrated because being in Black & White, I had trouble differentiating some of the characters from each other. And that got annoying pretty quick. I'm not a huge comic nerd, but for some reason the B&W was an issue. I've read other 'graphic novels' of shows I've watched - Locke & Key for example - and not had the same issue, but they were in colour.

I'd have to go back and look at them again - maybe they just weren't illustrated very well...
Old 04-10-2021, 01:56 PM   #26135
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by philthehip View Post
You have obviously replied to me by mistake but NOOOOO. Of course we are meant to like him, just as we like Tony Soprano or Don Draper.
I dunno. Comic book Negan was actually much more physically threatening asserting his dominance on Rick when first made his appearance. He was written to be taken seriously, a powerful figure of force.

Only for Kirkman to later turn Negan into some cheesy 80ís villain with ridiculous dialogue during the All Out War storyline. Afterwards, the Negan fan base grew to make him a wildly popular character.

Which caused Kirkman to keep Negan alive and transform him into some sort of anti-hero who readers sympathize for as Kirkman have Negan a disturbed and troubling past while placing him on a redemption arc for all of his evil doing.

Television Negan is much different. First being Jeffrey Dean Morganís infectious charisma of his hammy performance as Negan. He shows how much he enjoys playing the villain. Though comes off as jokingly not to be taken serious and a potty mouth of a 12 year old who just learned how to swear.

And this isnít knocking Morganís performance as Negan. I love it too. Which is why Iím glad the redemption/anti-hero Negan from Season 9 onward is dialed back on the ridiculousness.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:05 PM   #26136
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
People much to busy apparently to actually type out Comic Book apparently.
haha I thought there might be a comic book movie or something (i tried googling comic book movie)
Old 04-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #26137

Nov 2016
Wirral, England

Quote:
I dunno. Comic book Negan was actually much more physically threatening asserting his dominance on Rick when first made his appearance. He was written to be taken seriously, a powerful figure of force.

Only for Kirkman to later turn Negan into some cheesy 80ís villain with ridiculous dialogue during the All Out War storyline. Afterwards, the Negan fan base grew to make him a wildly popular character.

Which caused Kirkman to keep Negan alive and transform him into some sort of anti-hero who readers sympathize for as Kirkman have Negan a disturbed and troubling past while placing him on a redemption arc for all of his evil doing.

Television Negan is much different. First being Jeffrey Dean Morganís infectious charisma of his hammy performance as Negan. He shows how much he enjoys playing the villain. Though comes off as jokingly not to be taken serious and a potty mouth of a 12 year old who just learned how to swear.

And this isnít knocking Morganís performance as Negan. I love it too. Which is why Iím glad the redemption/anti-hero Negan from Season 9 onward is dialed back on the ridiculousness.
I don't disagree that we were meant to take him seriously but we were meant to like him. I can't agree about the cheesy 80s villain though, his introduction was brutal but his talk was batsh!t crazy right off the bat (so to speak).

I like JDM, I think he was a good choice and unless they went full on crazy and skipped any charm they needed someone like him, certainly if they planned on his redemption later on.
Thanks given by:
Pondosinatra (04-10-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 07:29 PM   #26138
Special Member

Jul 2012

"The Walking Dead" Adds Soap Opera Star Jacob Young
by Denise Petski
April 28, 2021

Jacob Young (All My Children, The Bold and the Beautiful) has joined the cast of "The Walking Dead" for its 11th and final season.

Young will play Deaver. Character details are being kept under wraps.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/the-pow...ng-1234746002/
Old 04-29-2021, 11:45 PM   #26139
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Still no Season 10 Blu-ray announcement?
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (04-30-2021)
Old 04-30-2021, 12:45 AM   #26140
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
Still no Season 10 Blu-ray announcement?
Announcement wise, Season 9 finale aired March 31. Its Blu-ray release was announced in July with an August release.

Season 10 finale aired in April. It’s likely that Blu-ray announcement won’t be until June to coincide with Season 11’s premiere in August.
Thanks given by:
Morsoth (05-02-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows