Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 hr ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
1 day ago
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.54
23 hrs ago
Star Trek: Enterprise - Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.48
11 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Ahiru no Sora (Blu-ray)
$89.99
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-17-2020, 02:36 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2014

I was an extra in the pilot (which was completely reshot late into production). I had a feeling this show would kinda suck given its production issues.
Thanks given by:
yanksno1 (04-10-2021)
Old 11-30-2020, 10:13 PM   #162
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Then you don’t know TWD, otherwise you would’ve known Robert Kirkman the creator has said that zombie films don’t exist in the TWD universe.
I know TWD but I didn't know that, I don't read articles where people involved with tv shows or comics talk about it... but that's still a ridiculous notion even if he says so, that's removing films from the past near-century. That's an even dumber idea than this whole show is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wernski View Post
Well, I figure the idea is that since nobody had a concept of zombies before they actually came to life in TWD universe, every small group of people would've come up with their own terms. I've always been fine with that. I have a bunch of TWD nitpicks (like how easy it is to cut through everyone's skulls), but that's not one.
That annoys me so much now though... they just try to be cool and have their own terms. When it first started happening, I'm sure the news would've said something and people would've used that term... But "empties" and "hasbeens" just took it too far for me and got on my nerves.

But sheesh this was a bad show. I would never have been able to watch it over 9 weeks, I'd have dropped it at episode two. The whole reason they're doing it is because of their dad,
[Show spoiler]but then their dad isn't actually in danger and they just wanted Hope... so why didn't they just kidnap Hope and get it over with. Why go through this long dramatic pretense? And they're going to take care of the others but if anything they should've also brought Iris because Hope would never help them if they kill her sister. So stupid.
I'll watch the last 10, but I'll wait until it's done again before I start... and only doing that because I don't like dropping shows when I could easily finish, and 10 more episodes isn't a big commitment.

Somebody said this looked like a CW show, and that's insulting to CW show. It's even worse than a Freeform show. And the acting was crap, ranging from adequate with Nico Tortorella to terrible with Silas.
Thanks given by:
Pondosinatra (12-10-2020)
Old 11-30-2020, 10:23 PM   #163
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
I know TWD but I didn't know that, I don't read articles where people involved with tv shows or comics talk about it... but that's still a ridiculous notion even if he says so, that's removing films from the past near-century. That's an even dumber idea than this whole show is.

That annoys me so much now though... they just try to be cool and have their own terms. When it first started happening, I'm sure the news would've said something and people would've used that term... But "empties" and "hasbeens" just took it too far for me and got on my nerves.

But sheesh this was a bad show. I would never have been able to watch it over 9 weeks, I'd have dropped it at episode two. The whole reason they're doing it is because of their dad,
[Show spoiler]but then their dad isn't actually in danger and they just wanted Hope... so why didn't they just kidnap Hope and get it over with. Why go through this long dramatic pretense? And they're going to take care of the others but if anything they should've also brought Iris because Hope would never help them if they kill her sister. So stupid.
I'll watch the last 10, but I'll wait until it's done again before I start... and only doing that because I don't like dropping shows when I could easily finish, and 10 more episodes isn't a big commitment.

Somebody said this looked like a CW show, and that's insulting to CW show. It's even worse than a Freeform show. And the acting was crap, ranging from adequate with Nico Tortorella to terrible with Silas.
Robert Kirkman's defense is that without "built-in" knowledge of zombies in pop culture, made the survivability of the apocalypse much more challenging for his characters.

Quote:
Such a conceit is actually fairly common in zombie movies and TV shows, as after all, it's an entirely different creative dynamic if zombie fiction exists in a work of zombie fiction, as when a zombie first appeared, everyone involved would immediately say "look, it's a zombie, shoot it in the head." Some movies - mostly horror/comedies - have been able to make that setup work, using it to subvert expectations when it turns out the rules of "real-life" zombies aren't the same as in Romero's films. In a serious zombie story like The Walking Dead though, it makes sense not to have the characters start with built-in knowledge of the undead and how they're supposed to operate.

Last edited by jayman3; 11-30-2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2020, 11:21 PM   #164
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Robert Kirkman's defense is that without "built-in" knowledge of zombies in pop culture, made the survivability of the apocalypse much more challenging for his characters.
Eh, still a cop out to me. Plus, these kids are tackling them or running right up to them and holding onto them. What makes them think that'd be a good idea, when shooting them anywhere else doesn't stop them? And on top of that, they were taught only a stab/shot to the head can kill them.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:20 AM   #165
Power Member

Aug 2009

I thought the show got better the last 3 episodes. The finale got me wxcited about the second season. By ni means is it great but i find myself enjoying more than I thought.
Thanks given by:
Morsoth (12-11-2020), mrsean (12-08-2020)
Old 12-02-2020, 09:08 PM   #166
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Eh, still a cop out to me. Plus, these kids are tackling them or running right up to them and holding onto them. What makes them think that'd be a good idea, when shooting them anywhere else doesn't stop them? And on top of that, they were taught only a stab/shot to the head can kill them.
I wouldn't know. It's a dumb show that I don't pay much attention to or care slightest about.

I was more or less referring to Kirkman and his logic behind the storyline for the far superior comic book series.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:44 AM   #167
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Good God the finale was horrible...

I kept expecting Simple Minds' Don't You Forget About Me to play in the background and Silas pump his fist in the air as he walked towards the soldiers.

But the biggest thing is the entire premise for the show - now revealed. I mean it's not like she's Stephen freakin Hawkings!!

In the pilot they could have been like 'hey, your Dad wants to see you, we'll fly you out'....and credits.

Won't be watching S2.
Old 12-10-2020, 11:04 PM   #168
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Canada

The show is okay, not great, but not terrible either (for me). Anyway, I'll keep watching, I'm fully 'invested' in the franchise, for the better or the worst!

The best thing about the show is the originality of the opening titles. They are so well made!

Last edited by Morsoth; 12-11-2020 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:56 PM   #169
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondosinatra View Post
But the biggest thing is the entire premise for the show - now revealed. I mean it's not like she's Stephen freakin Hawkings!!

In the pilot they could have been like 'hey, your Dad wants to see you, we'll fly you out'....and credits.
The plot is not 100% revealed. We know the CRM people are not "good people", but we don't really know why yet. Another thing is, the "asset girl" is not the only genius of the family, they both are, together! Also, the father never wanted the girls there, and he doesn't even know one of them is coming - and I think he won't know for a while now that is getting suspicious.

I feel like you skipped the last 3-4 minutes of the show, and missed all the plot twists!
Old 12-12-2020, 04:37 PM   #170
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
The plot is not 100% revealed. We know the CRM people are not "good people", but we don't really know why yet. Another thing is, the "asset girl" is not the only genius of the family, they both are, together! Also, the father never wanted the girls there, and he doesn't even know one of them is coming - and I think he won't know for a while now that is getting suspicious.

I feel like you skipped the last 3-4 minutes of the show, and missed all the plot twists!
Even if the dad won't know for a while, if they wanted her so bad literally all they had to do was lie to her and tell her they're taking her to her dad and skip all this lying and adventuring across the country. They could've flown her there and be done with it in a few hours not weeks/months.
Thanks given by:
Pondosinatra (12-13-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 07:05 PM   #171
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Canada

Quote:
Even if the dad won't know for a while, if they wanted her so bad literally all they had to do was lie to her and tell her they're taking her to her dad and skip all this lying and adventuring across the country. They could've flown her there and be done with it in a few hours not weeks/months.
Very good point, but they mentioned that they wanted her to make the decision to go, by herself. I know, it's stupid, but I guess there is a reason for it that we don't know yet. That's why they faked the 2 last messages. After hearing these, the girl decided to go "save" her father. Anyway, I'm not trying to defend the show, it's really the weakest out of the three iterations, but their actions have been roughly explained.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:06 AM   #172
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012
California

The whole Walking Dead franchise has been on life support for the last few years, yet it keeps going despite weekly drops in ratings for all of the shows. I get they want to keep milking the zombie concept, but the cow is starting to dry up.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:07 AM   #173
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeTogo84 View Post
The whole Walking Dead franchise has been on life support for the last few years, yet it keeps going despite weekly drops in ratings for all of the shows. I get they want to keep milking the zombie concept, but the cow is starting to dry up.
What would AMC be without TWD though?
Old 12-13-2020, 01:20 AM   #174
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
What would AMC be without TWD though?
Horror reruns.

Either way, they are going to need to find an answer to that question soon enough as the franchise is hemorrhaging viewership. While the shows can be entertaining enough, I don't think there is enough sustainability past the next few years. Fans have moved on to something else, and it's AMC's job now to try and find a new concept that becomes one of those things viewers are going to.
Old 12-13-2020, 02:10 AM   #175
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Horror reruns.

Either way, they are going to need to find an answer to that question soon enough as the franchise is hemorrhaging viewership. While the shows can be entertaining enough, I don't think there is enough sustainability past the next few years. Fans have moved on to something else, and it's AMC's job now to try and find a new concept that becomes one of those things viewers are going to.
The true test will be once the main series ends after season 11.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:01 AM   #176
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsoth View Post
Very good point, but they mentioned that they wanted her to make the decision to go, by herself. I know, it's stupid, but I guess there is a reason for it that we don't know yet. That's why they faked the 2 last messages. After hearing these, the girl decided to go "save" her father. Anyway, I'm not trying to defend the show, it's really the weakest out of the three iterations, but their actions have been roughly explained.
I don't see what her going herself would do for anything personally, it's not like they ran into a bunch of people and she could get new experiences being around them. She met two people and one of them was
[Show spoiler]murdered by somebody she was close to. Plus, they want to kill her sister and somebody who is like a brother, do they think she's going to willingly help them?
It's like they just wrote the plot as they went along, it doesn't seem thought out in advance. I'm just glad it's only 10 more episodes.

Quote:
Horror reruns.

It's probably going to just be simulcasts with BBC America and TV broadcasts of Acorn/Shudder/SundanceNow series, like Riviera and A Discovery of Witches.
Thanks given by:
Morsoth (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #177
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
Canada

Without TWD, AMC could try to milk out the Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul franchise, but I don't think it's possible without the participation of Vince Gilligan. I think it's too late for anything new linked with Mad Men, but if they are desperate, we never know!

There is not much else viable looking at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...oadcast_by_AMC
Old 01-15-2021, 04:31 AM   #178

Oct 2020

Will we have to wait until fall to see second season?
Old 04-10-2021, 10:12 PM   #179

Mar 2014
Cincinnati

TWD: World Beyond season 1 Blu-ray will be released on June 15th. http://https://www.target.com/p/the-...17#lnk=sametab
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 36EFFA17-66D4-4727-B6B5-4BC08B24D81D.jpg (15.2 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by DariusTheBluRayGuy; 04-11-2021 at 01:17 AM.
Thanks given by:
Comicfan (04-11-2021), Morsoth (05-05-2021), TwinCitiesBluFan (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 04:01 PM   #180
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2015
St. Paul, MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariusTheBluRayGuy View Post
TWD: World Beyond season 1 Blu-ray will be released on June 15th. http://https://www.target.com/p/the-...17#lnk=sametab
As much as I was lukewarm on this spin-off, I'm sure I'll still pick it up, if only to support the franchise on Blu-ray. Plus, the completist in me will get antsy if I don't.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows