Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
12 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37
1 day ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.19
16 hrs ago
A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.75

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$156.89

Gleipnir: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 04-09-2021, 09:23 PM   #21
Expert Member

Jan 2009

The 4400 Woke aliens why can't we just get what the original 4400 was and give us the ending we never got.

CW is not the network I would have wanted The 4400 rebooted on if only the original Sci-Fi network was around. The show deserves better.
Thanks given by:
SilverFox84 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 10:41 PM   #22
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMkLg068426 View Post
The 4400 Woke aliens why can't we just get what the original 4400 was and give us the ending we never got.

CW is not the network I would have wanted The 4400 rebooted on if only the original Sci-Fi network was around. The show deserves better.
It wasn't on Sci-Fi anyway, it was on USA. If it went to a Universal property now it'd have probably been Peacock.
Old 04-10-2021, 11:20 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

The only question I have is why these networks are rebooting newer shows, well, relatively new, when older shows or even newer properties deserve a series treatment.

Before she passed away, I asked Anne McCaffrey about the status of that Dragonriders of Pern series that was optioned awhile back what had happened regarding the Dragonriders of Pern TV series. Back then, she replied back to me on Twitter that the series had not been picked up.

I know that Warner Brothers has the rights but that Ron Moore (Battlestar Galactica) had sent a script to Warner Brothers but that they had sent it back, wanting to transform the series into a type of "Buffy The Vampire" series and that there were massive edits. That was the reason why Ron Moore had dropped out as director.

I did have hope for the series after Terry Brooks' Shannara series began production but not even that series could last that long.

But, with other shows like A-Team, Knight Rider, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, seaQuest DSV, Invisible Man ... it's just odd that with so many potential ideas, that these studios can't produce something that has never been adapted before or reboot an older series like these. There's also Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" or even the Dragonlance or Forgotten Realms by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I've been hoping for an adaption of Margaret Weis' Star of the Guardian trilogy that she wrote and published.

Instead, they reboot and rehash TV shows like The 4400 which nobody really asked for.
Thanks given by:
SilverFox84 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 11:42 PM   #24

Jun 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMkLg068426 View Post
I've been getting this feeling we're going to get some sort of crash in the same vein of the video game crash of the early 80's, but with TV shows.

TV is now so unbelievably over-saturated with low-quality trashy shows, Yes, it's wonderful we have way more diversity in the casing than ever before. But the pendulum has swung so far the other way that nearly all the new shows in the last 12 months the lead is either female or black, and I'm just bored of it. It's got to the point where you have ridiculous race and gender swaps in shows where it's totally inappropriate or just plain stupid like in period dramas. I dropped The Irregulars on the second episode due to this problem (that and it just wasn't strong enough to keep me interested and overlook these problems). Apart from the MCU the only two shows I pick up this year are Debris (and only because the premise is so strong) and Superman & Lois

I'm sure the usual suspects will come in and tell me what a awful person I am and throw around some labels for good measure. But TV has gone downhill drastically in the last 2-3 years. I completely agree with kemcha there so many great shows from the 70's and 80's that can do with a great update (Just imagine what a BSG style remake of Space:1999 would look like!) But not if they're going to throw in social politics at the expense of creativity, which is sorely lacking right now and the biggest issue facing TV today.

But a BSG remake that's coming is retarded. It's not old enough and hasn't aged at all.

Last edited by SilverFox84; 04-11-2021 at 08:59 AM.
Thanks given by:
Brandon K (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 04:02 PM   #25
Power Member

Dec 2015
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox84 View Post
But a BSG remake that's coming is retarded. It's not old enough and hasn't aged at all.
Wait, what now?!

(I don't pay enough attention until a show is released and then I hear that I should check it out.)
Old 04-15-2021, 01:17 AM   #26
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox84 View Post
Huh? Having a Forest Gump moment? Won't repeat the quote but you are aware that Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica is a remake of the original Glen Larson TV series that featured Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict? The new TV series that is forthcoming from Peacock is a remake of the original series. For those who say it's not, that's just their PR department telling fans so they check the series out once it debuts.

It's like how JJ Abrams Star Trek, Discovery, Picard are all remakes based off the original Star Trek series.

The new Battlestar Galactica series is more than likely to be a new 'reinterpretation' of the franchise. The thing fans keep forgetting is that these franchises are simply the director's interpretation of the franchise. Some are good but mostly, they don't tend to hold up against the original.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:19 AM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Huh? Having a Forest Gump moment? Won't repeat the quote but you are aware that Ron Moore's Battlestar Galactica is a remake of the original Glen Larson TV series that featured Lorne Greene, Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict? The new TV series that is forthcoming from Peacock is a remake of the original series. For those who say it's not, that's just their PR department telling fans so they check the series out once it debuts.

It's like how JJ Abrams Star Trek, Discovery, Picard are all remakes based off the original Star Trek series.

The new Battlestar Galactica series is more than likely to be a new 'reinterpretation' of the franchise. The thing fans keep forgetting is that these franchises are simply the director's interpretation of the franchise. Some are good but mostly, they don't tend to hold up against the original.
To be fair, I think the point is that the franchise is still recent due to the reboot, not that they're rebooting the reboot, since itself was a reboot of the original... boot? (so many boots!). It'd be like rebooting Bionic Woman again after the original show and the 2007 show, or Knight Rider from the original and the 2008 show.
Thanks given by:
SilverFox84 (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 11:48 AM   #28

Jun 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Errr, yes, I'm fully aware and the BSG remake is one of my all-time favourite shows. My point is why remake something that only ended just over 10 years ago when there are so many more worthy old TV series to remake that are far more original.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:57 AM   #29

Mar 2021

I haven't watched the original, so I'll try to watch the reboot. But first I will wait for the feedback, because such resumptions of the show are not always successful...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows