Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
18 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

V: The Final Battle (Blu-ray)
$17.20

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

One Piece: Collection 26 (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$156.89

Prodigal Son: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$25.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 10-01-2019, 04:35 PM   #241
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

I agree with Phillip; and this is coming from someone who stopped watching Roseanne before it finished, watched the revival, and still watches The Conners now that she is gone. I don't like how, instead of realizing that there are other legitimate reasons for not liking something, most people go for an unfair generalization when someone speaks an opinion different from theirs. It is like if someone doesn't like the casting for a movie/TV show, they automatically brand that person as racist or misogynistic. It is so easy to hurl insults instead of really listening to a dissenting opinions and being open-minded to other points of view. Granted, there will always be those people that fit the bill and are racist, misogynistic, etc., but those people are typically the vocal minority.

IndyMLVC, this isn't meant to be directed at you, it just happened to be your post that made me speak up on this matter. Statements worded similar to "anyone who doesn't like [fill in the blank] doesn't like it because they're [fill in the blank]" are extremely judgemental conjecture that contribute discord to constructive conversations.

People, for the most part, are generally accepting of others and differing opinions, but are quick to have a negative label slapped on them for an assumption based on a view that doesn't conform to the masses.
Thanks given by:
blahsi (10-01-2019), Phillip c. Niethe (10-02-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #242
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2016

Episode 2x02 focusing on Mark was a very good episode.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:01 PM   #243

Sep 2019
Michigan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip c. Niethe View Post
... or Big Bang Theory without Sheldon is all. Peace out
Woah Now, I'm just gonna pretend like you didn't just do my boy Leonard dirty there. HE is the shinning star in that show.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:16 PM   #244
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
I never watched the reboot until Rosanne was fired. I love The Connors. As far as some of the things you had to say, you can't really compare the two. A stand up routine and a TV show are two completely different things. A stand up routine is not televised internationally. Rosanee, like it or not, was a representative of the network her show was on and they felt that she crossed a line. It was reported that the decision to fire her was "easy" because of the multiple issues they had had with her. This was most definitely not a one time problem.
Problem is Disney/ABC knew what they were getting into before they revived the show. Its not like she hadent tweeted crap against Obama and members of his staff before. She has always been very vocal with her political views. I think the Conners has done several things right and several things wrong. I thought it was great how they killed her off because it would show us a very different side of Dan. I thought the gender confused son Mark would be a fantastic storyline as it evolved. While we see how Dan is grieving the gender confused storyline changed so much when Sara Gilbert ran the show you could see where her influence is. While it has the generic feel of Roseanne as others have said it lacks her punctuality and common sense at times showing a middle class family torn apart by multiple political beliefs. The Grey area common sense portion of the show is gone. The entire Beckys pregnant by an illegal immigrant storyline even got dropped I thought that was going to be a huge part of Season 2 nope that got tossed off by a 1 liner. The show lacks the follow through that the original had when you have people running it who are afraid to ruffle some feathers thats the problem. Roseanne didnt give a flying **** and thats what made the show.
Thanks given by:
SlayersCouncil (10-02-2019), thecooldud (10-02-2019)
Old 10-02-2019, 10:23 AM   #245
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Problem is Disney/ABC knew what they were getting into before they revived the show. Its not like she hadent tweeted crap against Obama and members of his staff before. She has always been very vocal with her political views. I think the Conners has done several things right and several things wrong. I thought it was great how they killed her off because it would show us a very different side of Dan. I thought the gender confused son Mark would be a fantastic storyline as it evolved. While we see how Dan is grieving the gender confused storyline changed so much when Sara Gilbert ran the show you could see where her influence is. While it has the generic feel of Roseanne as others have said it lacks her punctuality and common sense at times showing a middle class family torn apart by multiple political beliefs. The Grey area common sense portion of the show is gone. The entire Beckys pregnant by an illegal immigrant storyline even got dropped I thought that was going to be a huge part of Season 2 nope that got tossed off by a 1 liner. The show lacks the follow through that the original had when you have people running it who are afraid to ruffle some feathers thats the problem. Roseanne didnt give a flying **** and thats what made the show.
Her political comments did not get her fired. Her racist one did...and she blamed it on a sleeping pill.
Thanks given by:
Todd Tomorrow (10-03-2019), Veronica Mars (10-02-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 01:54 AM   #246

Jan 2011
Michigan

Please stop discussing politics and Roseanne in this thread. It all has nothing to do with The Conners. Any more discussion will result in warnings or bans.
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (10-07-2019), yanksno1 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 11:07 PM   #247
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010
Texas
-
-
-
-

Can't wait Dan Aykroyd as a guest star episode tomorrow night. John Goodman and Dan Aykroyd reunion since The Blues Brothers 2000.

Old 12-30-2019, 07:40 PM   #248
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
Please stop discussing politics and Roseanne in this thread. It all has nothing to do with The Conners. Any more discussion will result in warnings or bans.
While I fully understand saying that people shouldn't discuss politics, not being able to discuss Roseanne, considering this is a continuation of that series in all but name (and minus the formerly titular character), is kind of a lot to ask.
Thanks given by:
Britbuffguy (04-09-2021), El Rey (12-30-2019), thecooldud (04-08-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 08:35 PM   #249
Special Member

Jul 2012

I had a question regarding Danielle Harris' return as Molly.

I could have sworn from "Roseanne" that Molly and her sister were being raised by their single father, so who was "Molly's mom" at the front door on "The Conners"?

Were we to assume the Tilden's still lived next door to The Conners the entire time?
Old 04-08-2021, 08:43 PM   #250
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG. View Post
I had a question regarding Danielle Harris' return as Molly.

I could have sworn from "Roseanne" that Molly and her sister were being raised by their single father, so who was "Molly's mom" at the front door on "The Conners"?

Were we to assume the Tilden's still lived next door to The Conners the entire time?
The dad was a single father on the original show...but that was in the 80s. Dude likely found a new wife since then right?

I honestly can't remember what ever happened to them back on the show. I don't recall them moving. I think that was Todd's family that moved right, DJ's friend?

I loved the Roseanne reboot, very let down when she had to open her big yapper and ruin the fun...due to working two jobs, I just never got to watch much of The Connors...sadly. Wish it'd get put out on dvd or something, so I could catch up.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:15 PM   #251
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
League City, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britbuffguy View Post
The dad was a single father on the original show...but that was in the 80s. Dude likely found a new wife since then right?

I honestly can't remember what ever happened to them back on the show. I don't recall them moving. I think that was Todd's family that moved right, DJ's friend?

I loved the Roseanne reboot, very let down when she had to open her big yapper and ruin the fun...due to working two jobs, I just never got to watch much of The Connors...sadly. Wish it'd get put out on dvd or something, so I could catch up.
It's on Hulu
Thanks given by:
Britbuffguy (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 02:06 AM   #252
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2013
Madison, WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by goresnet View Post
It's on Hulu
Nice. Someone gave me their login info a few months ago, but I've still never ventured onto the site.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:53 PM   #253
Special Member

Sep 2013
Boynton Beach, FL USA

Those were 2 really strong episodes. When they get it right, they get it right. I had a crush on Molly ever since she was introduced in Rosanne. Didn't realize her and Darlene were my age roughly. Hated to see what they did with her character after just bringing her back, but still respecting it's meaning to the story. Becky's struggle with alcohol through this arc has been moving too. Love it when this show hits their mark.
Old 04-09-2021, 04:57 PM   #254
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksno1 View Post
Those were 2 really strong episodes. When they get it right, they get it right. I had a crush on Molly ever since she was introduced in Rosanne. Didn't realize her and Darlene were my age roughly. Hated to see what they did with her character after just bringing her back, but still respecting it's meaning to the story. Becky's struggle with alcohol through this arc has been moving too. Love it when this show hits their mark.
Roseanne and its writers have always been perfect when it comes to middle class families. When Jackie went off on Becky on where she found Beverly Rose I swear she deserves an Emmy for that speech. Those 2 episodes were the highlight of this year. As you said when they are on the mark they are on the mark.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:11 PM   #255
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Darlene has become possibly the worst character on TV I've ever endured. Not that there aren't people in real life like her, so it's not necessarily unrealistic. She's just an awful person - or just insanely misguided.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:04 PM   #256
Expert Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinicus View Post
Darlene has become possibly the worst character on TV I've ever endured. Not that there aren't people in real life like her, so it's not necessarily unrealistic. She's just an awful person - or just insanely misguided.
I kind of agree, but a lot of it has to do with the fact that Sara Gilbert is just not a great actress. It worked when she was younger and playing a moody morose teenager but itís not working as an adult.

Also, I donít buy for a second that Ben would be into Darlene much less in a serious relationship with her, nor do I believe any dude would hit on Darlene when Danielle Harris is standing right next to her.

Ben would be more believable with Becky - itís just way too forced with Darlene.

On another note, Iím really annoyed the writers and producers donít want to take advantage of the rich history of the show and have decided to forget that both Andy and Jerry exist. Having them in the show would allow so much story potential for the family, and with Andy it would especially benefit Jackieís stories.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:31 PM   #257

Jan 2011
New York
-
-

If I were Ben, I'd run... RUN.... away from Darlene as fast as I can.
Thanks given by:
yanksno1 (04-11-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows