Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$26.49

Rise of the Guardians 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.90
2 hrs ago
How to Train Your Dragon 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.43

Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.50

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Comin' at Ya! 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 11-18-2020, 03:38 PM   #1

Jul 2012
Hong Kong Vanguard (2020) [No 3D Blu-ray]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOCnqigA7g

Opens November 20th
Starring Jackie Chan
Directed by Stanley Tong

One theatre in my state is advertising a few 3-D showings, all other chains are presenting it flat. Iím sure this wonít see a 3-D blu ray.
Thanks given by:
pixote (11-18-2020), the13thman (11-18-2020)
Old 11-18-2020, 04:23 PM   #2

Feb 2015
London, England

Almost every one of his recent movies has had a conversion but sadly the only Jackie Chan movies that have made it to 3D Blu-ray are Dragon Blade and Chinese Zodiac, unless you want to count The LEGO Ninjago Movie...

Last edited by the13thman; 11-18-2020 at 06:41 PM.
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (11-18-2020), levcore (11-18-2020), Zivouhr (04-14-2021)
Old 11-18-2020, 05:19 PM   #3

Mar 2012
China

It still have 3D and IMAX 3D showings here in mainland China (this actually was the only major blockbusterset to release on the new year holiday this year that have a 3D version, but it was put off due to the COVID-19 situation like other films) when it finally got released on September 30th. As I said in another thread, a new self-produced 3D blu-ray from HK is almost unlikely, so I would say to put your hope to German or France territories...
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (11-18-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 03:05 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Looks like all 2D showings around Houston.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:52 PM   #5

Jul 2012

Now it looks like ALL theatres in my state are closing again. Oh well, better to be safe.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:10 AM   #6
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Northeast U.S.

In spite of Chan being on the cover, he was obviously really just asked to step in for a few minor scenes. It’s annoying that they put his name and image on it. The real question is, this is a Stanley Tong film and it’s pretty bad, is this what Tong has fallen too? fluff trash films with a lot of cgi and fake action scenes?
Old 04-12-2021, 04:44 AM   #7
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake2222 View Post
In spite of Chan being on the cover, he was obviously really just asked to step in for a few minor scenes. Itís annoying that they put his name and image on it. The real question is, this is a Stanley Tong film and itís pretty bad, is this what Tong has fallen too? fluff trash films with a lot of cgi and fake action scenes?
Have you seen the final film? I hear your concerns about Chan not being the main star though he's in the whole film, just doesn't do many big stunts during the action scenes, but he does do action scenes. The CGI parts for animals and the cars looks cartoony, but it sort of works with the light hearted tone of this entertaining action film which honestly, has a ton of action, I'm not kidding.

I'm a big Jackie Chan fan since 1995's Rumble in the Bronx, also by Stanley Tong. That movie can be very cheesy at times, but what an incredible stunt/martial arts film it is.

Chan is 67 years old, so I totally understand him slowing down in his new films a bit, considering all those broken bones he deals with. Since 1962 or so, he's been making almost a new film or more every year since. Incredible stuntman and martial artist.

As a fan, of course we want to see him kicking @ss, but he is still the reason I paid to see Vanguard in theaters and the action delivered IMO.
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (04-13-2021), Paul H (04-12-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 09:56 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Have you seen the final film? I hear your concerns about Chan not being the main star though he's in the whole film, just doesn't do many big stunts during the action scenes, but he does do action scenes. The CGI parts for animals and the cars looks cartoony, but it sort of works with the light hearted tone of this entertaining action film which honestly, has a ton of action, I'm not kidding.

I'm a big Jackie Chan fan since 1995's Rumble in the Bronx, also by Stanley Tong. That movie can be very cheesy at times, but what an incredible stunt/martial arts film it is.

Chan is 67 years old, so I totally understand him slowing down in his new films a bit, considering all those broken bones he deals with. Since 1962 or so, he's been making almost a new film or more every year since. Incredible stuntman and martial artist.

As a fan, of course we want to see him kicking @ss, but he is still the reason I paid to see Vanguard in theaters and the action delivered IMO.
Yeah I enjoyed it a lot. And awesome sound mix too. Really enjoyable. Chan was in it a lot, although would be hard to bill any actor as a lead. An ensemble movie.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 10:31 AM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2011
Dryland

Yeah despite the awful CG this was fun, would've been great on 3D blu ray.
Thanks given by:
Mobe1969 (04-13-2021), Zivouhr (04-13-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 11:25 PM   #10
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Northeast U.S.

Quote:
Have you seen the final film? I hear your concerns about Chan not being the main star though he's in the whole film, just doesn't do many big stunts during the action scenes, but he does do action scenes. The CGI parts for animals and the cars looks cartoony, but it sort of works with the light hearted tone of this entertaining action film which honestly, has a ton of action, I'm not kidding. .
Yup, Iíve seen it, I bought the Blu-ray. And iím not degrading the movie because Jackie only has a very small role it, I just donít think itís a good action film (though I thought the actors playing the bad guys were good). I also became a fan when Rumble in the Bronx was here in the U.S. theaters and have been a big fan ever since. Much better latter era Jackie would be Railroad Tigers, Chinese Zodiac, Police Story: Lockdown, The Foreigner, and New Police Story.

And I think that Jackie could definitely still have a vibrant career in action films but in gun / action thrillers and sci-fi, he needs to move away from the weak fluff and fake looking stuff like this and Kung Fu Yoga
Old 04-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
Yeah I enjoyed it a lot. And awesome sound mix too. Really enjoyable. Chan was in it a lot, although would be hard to bill any actor as a lead. An ensemble movie.
Cool. That's true, they shared the lead roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levcore View Post
Yeah despite the awful CG this was fun, would've been great on 3D blu ray.
Yes, I wish the 3D version was released in theaters when I saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake2222 View Post
Yup, I’ve seen it, I bought the Blu-ray. And i’m not degrading the movie because Jackie only has a very small role it, I just don’t think it’s a good action film (though I thought the actors playing the bad guys were good). I also became a fan when Rumble in the Bronx was here in the U.S. theaters and have been a big fan ever since. Much better latter era Jackie would be Railroad Tigers, Chinese Zodiac, Police Story: Lockdown, The Foreigner, and New Police Story.

And I think that Jackie could definitely still have a vibrant career in action films but in gun / action thrillers and sci-fi, he needs to move away from the weak fluff and fake looking stuff like this and Kung Fu Yoga
I'll have to check out Lockdown. But yes, Foreigner was very good for a Chan fight movie, etc. Bleeding Steel I think it's called was interesting as he got involved a little with the fights, but yes, a lot of CGI to soften it, but he did some high rise climbing on that building that was a cool stunt.

But good point about switching to weapon based action though I wonder if Chan would be up for that.
Kung Fu Yoga, I can't get into that one with all of the dialog and not enough action to get things rolling. I've seen the whole film but will have to speed up to the action faster next time I watch it.

Yeah, if he could make another Supercop, Rumble in the Bronx, Drunken Master 1 and 2, etc, that would be something, though those days are behind him now I bet. One of my favorites of Chan's is Shadow in the Eagle's Claw, I think it's called. I only have a very old DVD version of it with a bad transfer to DVD from video it looks like, VHS transfer. I'll have to research more but that was a solid story and fighting.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:00 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
Cool. That's true, they shared the lead roles.

Yes, I wish the 3D version was released in theaters when I saw it.

I'll have to check out Lockdown. But yes, Foreigner was very good for a Chan fight movie, etc. Bleeding Steel I think it's called was interesting as he got involved a little with the fights, but yes, a lot of CGI to soften it, but he did some high rise climbing on that building that was a cool stunt.

But good point about switching to weapon based action though I wonder if Chan would be up for that.
Kung Fu Yoga, I can't get into that one with all of the dialog and not enough action to get things rolling. I've seen the whole film but will have to speed up to the action faster next time I watch it.

Yeah, if he could make another Supercop, Rumble in the Bronx, Drunken Master 1 and 2, etc, that would be something, though those days are behind him now I bet. One of my favorites of Chan's is Shadow in the Eagle's Claw, I think it's called. I only have a very old DVD version of it with a bad transfer to DVD from video it looks like, VHS transfer. I'll have to research more but that was a solid story and fighting.
Foreigner was a flat out good movie, IMHO. Bleeding Steel was not bad, but a bit odd. I've been wanting to rewatch a lot of his catalog though.

It is a shame this wasn't in 3D, even a HK release. I'd have gotten it. I've gotten quite a few 3D movies from HK lately.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 03:20 AM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thman View Post
Almost every one of his recent movies has had a conversion but sadly the only Jackie Chan movies that have made it to 3D Blu-ray are Dragon Blade and Chinese Zodiac, unless you want to count The LEGO Ninjago Movie...
And we can also consider his voice acting in the Kung Fu Panda 3D films as the Kung Fu Monkey character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
Foreigner was a flat out good movie, IMHO. Bleeding Steel was not bad, but a bit odd. I've been wanting to rewatch a lot of his catalog though.

It is a shame this wasn't in 3D, even a HK release. I'd have gotten it. I've gotten quite a few 3D movies from HK lately.
Cool that you're also a big Jackie Chan fan. I still remember being excited back in the mid 90s, after Rumble in the Bronx, and going to the movies to see the newly released "Jackie Chan's First Strike" which is another classic.
Discovering a lot of his older films was great too, seeing him at his peak skill. I still am amazed at some of the acrobatics he pulled off in his earlier films like Drunken Master 1, and even recent strength tests, like when he lifts his whole self up with his arms, vertical in the air in his 60s.

But yeah, would've been cool to see more 3D films from his extensive 150+ movie library.

Some of my favorite Jackie Chan films include:
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
Drunken Master I and II
Heart of Dragon
Super Cop
Rumble in the Bronx
Shanghai Noon
Rush Hour series
First Strike
Operation Condor
Twin Dragons
Who Am I?
The Foreigner

And a bunch more I've seen.

What's your favorite Jackie Chan film if you could only pick one? I have to think about that one, but I'll say Drunken Master for the incredible range of acrobatics and skill he pulled off in that film.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:05 AM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia

Quote:
And we can also consider his voice acting in the Kung Fu Panda 3D films as the Kung Fu Monkey character.

Cool that you're also a big Jackie Chan fan. I still remember being excited back in the mid 90s, after Rumble in the Bronx, and going to the movies to see the newly released "Jackie Chan's First Strike" which is another classic.
Discovering a lot of his older films was great too, seeing him at his peak skill. I still am amazed at some of the acrobatics he pulled off in his earlier films like Drunken Master 1, and even recent strength tests, like when he lifts his whole self up with his arms, vertical in the air in his 60s.

But yeah, would've been cool to see more 3D films from his extensive 150+ movie library.

Some of my favorite Jackie Chan films include:
Snake in the Eagle's Shadow
Drunken Master I and II
Heart of Dragon
Super Cop
Rumble in the Bronx
Shanghai Noon
Rush Hour series
First Strike
Operation Condor
Twin Dragons
Who Am I?
The Foreigner

And a bunch more I've seen.

What's your favorite Jackie Chan film if you could only pick one? I have to think about that one, but I'll say Drunken Master for the incredible range of acrobatics and skill he pulled off in that film.
Well,... to be honest, and I'd probably loose all credibility, and as much as I like the HK movies, but Shanghai Knights.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies