Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
3 hrs ago
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24
23 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 day ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 day ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
21 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
1 day ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
16 hrs ago
Eyes of a Stranger (Blu-ray)
$24.99
21 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-17-2011, 01:06 PM   #17361
Blu-Ray 3D President Blu-Ray 3D President is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2011
2
86
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Now, why couldn't BB/Paramount make a lenticular slipcover for Thor??
My anguish exactly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:51 PM   #17362
Dubliner1 Dubliner1 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dubliner1's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Spain
11
132
341
7
1
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
...at least they didn't repeat everything a 2nd time in French on the cover- I really hate that...glad I don't live in Canada...or Australia (huge ratings logos!!)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #17363
nolfoc nolfoc is offline
Banned
 
Nov 2008
-
108
49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
isn't this Canadian?? I only buy USA
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #17364
shinseiRomeo shinseiRomeo is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
shinseiRomeo's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
US
1179
1
15
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranitasus View Post
I posted some pictures in the Star Wars thread. Here they are
[Show spoiler]



What made ya buy all versions of the BD?
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #17365
MyBoyBlu MyBoyBlu is offline
Power Member
 
MyBoyBlu's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Virginia
532
Default

No slip for Modern Family s2
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #17366
HD Goofnut HD Goofnut is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
HD Goofnut's Avatar
 
May 2010
Backed up: 53.57 TBs
98
397
1949
93
602
812
599
133
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
What made ya buy all versions of the BD?
+1. There's simply no point in that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #17367
Tompa Tompa is offline
Expert Member
 
Tompa's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Sweden (The Land of the Ice And Snow)
8
1725
10
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by estebanē View Post
Whoops, I was sure of the fact I would buy the separate trilogy boxes ... but they are just slipcovers with a normal case in it? Damn, that's not worth the price, imo. The complete collection is less expensive than bothe of the others and offers better packaging. Where's the logic in that?
Because it would be embarrassing for Lucas when the Original Trilogy outsells the prequels 10:1

Last time I watched, the Saga Box was #1 on Amazon, The OT #10 and the Prequels #96

I "have to" get the Saga Box to get all extras for the Original Trilogy, but I'm gonna wait for the inevitable price drop. I bet It'll be below $40 before the end of the year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #17368
shinseiRomeo shinseiRomeo is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
shinseiRomeo's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
US
1179
1
15
30
Default

Well guys, I found out I was wrong about the Star Wars exclusives, I'm missing one. Heading to a
[Show spoiler]walmart
now to get a Boba Fett poster, as the one I visited yesterday and also a second one that I called has incompetent employees who had no clue what I was talking about. Now off I go to drive to a store 16mi away each way to get my damn exclusive poster... only then can I die happy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #17369
AmpBlast AmpBlast is offline
Expert Member
 
AmpBlast's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
119
545
2
35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Well guys, I found out I was wrong about the Star Wars exclusives, I'm missing one. Heading to a
[Show spoiler]walmart
now to get a Boba Fett poster, as the one I visited yesterday and also a second one that I called has incompetent employees who had no clue what I was talking about. Now off I go to drive to a store 16mi away each way to get my damn exclusive poster... only then can I die happy.
But are you going to be able to get the posters without buying another set? I still don't know how you got those FYE posters for free, when I called I was told they are only available if you buy a trilogy or the whole set.

But I did pick up The Complete Saga today, and I also found the tshirt, so in addition to the film cell and lithographs I am happy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #17370
BlackRiderX BlackRiderX is offline
Special Member
 
BlackRiderX's Avatar
 
Oct 2006
Ashley, Pa
1991
21
Default

Which country had a slip of Justice League: Season 2? I don't see it on the main list but someone is selling it elsewhere.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:42 PM   #17371
ranitasus ranitasus is offline
Banned
 
ranitasus's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Sherman Oaks, Cali
33
1226
11
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
What made ya buy all versions of the BD?
I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I wanted all 3. Simple. Plus it doesn't burden me in any way to buy them, not a hardship at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #17372
shinseiRomeo shinseiRomeo is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
shinseiRomeo's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
US
1179
1
15
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpBlast View Post
But are you going to be able to get the posters without buying another set? I still don't know how you got those FYE posters for free, when I called I was told they are only available if you buy a trilogy or the whole set.

But I did pick up The Complete Saga today, and I also found the tshirt, so in addition to the film cell and lithographs I am happy.

This is in no way shape or form a braggart comment:

I know nearly everyone in my area, especially managers/territory managers in all forms of retail, from Verizon and AT&T, to Best Buy, FYE, GameStop, and so on.

I just asked for the posters at FYE and was given them yesterday. Typically they get offered to me even before I ask, which is why I have a shit ton of promos and posters from there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #17373
robertee robertee is offline
Senior Member
 
robertee's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
47
511
13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip74 View Post
very nice haul! would it be possible to post spine and back pics of carlos?
Pics of Carlos' packaging (slipbox and inner digipack) from CriterionForum:

[Show spoiler]






  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #17374
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1623
7
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackriderx View Post
Which country had a slip of Justice League: Season 2? I don't see it on the main list but someone is selling it elsewhere.
US black.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #17375
lkmg lkmg is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lkmg's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
172
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranitasus View Post
I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I wanted all 3. Simple. Plus it doesn't burden me in any way to buy them, not a hardship at all.


[Show spoiler]
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #17376
hidef al hidef al is offline
Trading Moderator
 
hidef al's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
橙子, 加州
14
1300
6
184
Default

Found these in my mailbox today. 3D slipcover FTW

  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #17377
hidef al hidef al is offline
Trading Moderator
 
hidef al's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
橙子, 加州
14
1300
6
184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercsOwnz View Post
Most deals are available so I know which store to go to right? I kinda wanna camp out at Best Buy so I hope they have the best deals!!!
Yikes!!! Good luck bud. You have to get there very, very early to get a good spot.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #17378
Edword Edword is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Edword's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
SoCal, CA
185
799
52
238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Found these in my mailbox today. 3D slipcover FTW

[Show spoiler]
Nice!

I just picked up the last copy of the BB exclusive today (employee said they won't be getting anymore once they're gone) and I have the regular version on it's way
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:58 PM   #17379
hidef al hidef al is offline
Trading Moderator
 
hidef al's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
橙子, 加州
14
1300
6
184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Nice!

I just picked up the last copy of the BB exclusive today (employee said they won't be getting anymore once they're gone) and I have the regular version on it's way
Thanks Edword!!!

I'm still shocked that BB didn't advertise on the slip that it's a BB exclusive. Nothing!! It just shows they didn't put that much effort into this "exclusive". Oh well. Maybe next time they will check out blu-ray.com and get some great ideas

The regular version slip is very nice but the 3D slip is definitely the best out of the three. No doubt about that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #17380
Edword Edword is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
Edword's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
SoCal, CA
185
799
52
238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Thanks Edword!!!

I'm still shocked that BB didn't advertise on the slip that it's a BB exclusive. Nothing!! It just shows they didn't put that much effort into this "exclusive". Oh well. Maybe next time they will check out blu-ray.com and get some great ideas

The regular version slip is very nice but the 3D slip is definitely the best out of the three. No doubt about that.
I agree! They could have at LEAST put a BB exclusive sticker. That's why I got the 3D version first haha. I'd say it's 3D, 2D then BB exclusive for the order of how I like them.

Last edited by Edword; 09-17-2011 at 09:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Tags
slipcovers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:18 AM.