Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$10.99
2 hrs ago
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.30

Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.72

Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Coming to America 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.11

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 07-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #21

Nov 2008

Ya know, I went to this link and purchased 100 of these. They came, and they don't fit DVDs, regular blu-rays or the steelbooks. I was probably supposed to order these, eh?

http://www.shop4tech.com/item1674.html

Last edited by jw; 07-26-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: removed quote, bad info
Old 07-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #22
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
San Francisco Bay Blu-Ray SteelBooks™: (150+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu View Post
Ya know, I went to this link and purchased 100 of these. They came, and they don't fit DVDs, regular blu-rays or the steelbooks. I was probably supposed to order these, eh?

Damn, that means I ordered the wrong ones as well. Good thing it hasn't shipped and will be calling tomorrow morning to cancel my order.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #23

Jun 2009
UK

If I may be as dumb to ask, is there a knack to getting Steelbooks into these wraps/sleeves? I've brought two different brands of 14mm wraps and both sets just split. What's the technique?!!

Perhaps someone who is UK based could recommend some wraps they have used?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #24
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Skies View Post
If I may be as dumb to ask, is there a knack to getting Steelbooks into these wraps/sleeves? I've brought two different brands of 14mm wraps and both sets just split. What's the technique?!!

After googling for 20 minutes it seems the product does not exist in the UK. There is a UK ebayer selling them for over inflated prices. I have since contacted an online UK retailer that sells the CD re-sealable case sleeves to see if they can get some in. I will let you know when and if they reply to see if they can get some in, since the steelbooks match the exact dimensions of standard blu ray cases.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #25
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by richieb1971 View Post
After googling for 20 minutes it seems the product does not exist in the UK. There is a UK ebayer selling them for over inflated prices. I have since contacted an online UK retailer that sells the CD re-sealable case sleeves to see if they can get some in. I will let you know when and if they reply to see if they can get some in, since the steelbooks match the exact dimensions of standard blu ray cases.
Actually, blu-ray steelbook cases are about 1/3 thicker than standard amaray cases. The width and height are pretty much identical, but it is the thickness that will get you.

Like trying to squeeze a sealed FNAC exlcusive steelbook and 48 page booklet into one of those poly sleeves. Gran Torino took me an hour

Cheers
CrashKelly
Old 07-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #26
Special Member

Oct 2008
UK

@ Red Skies and richieb1971 i live in the UK and i buy a brand called mirror, they even seal and re-seal! I accidently ordered them twice tho and now i have 200 sleeves
Old 07-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #27

May 2009

What we need to find is a steelbook cover which fits over the front, back and sides like a book cover. Then we can open the case without the trouble of taking them out and putting them back in.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:40 AM   #28

Jun 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig02 View Post
@ Red Skies and richieb1971 i live in the UK and i buy a brand called mirror, they even seal and re-seal! I accidently ordered them twice tho and now i have 200 sleeves
Craig, those are the ones I have, but don't seem to be having any joy with. (Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330332825113.)

Like I said, if there is a knack, like some sort of prepping ritual or special chant to getting these darn Steelbooks to fit in the wraps/sleeves without splitting let me know
Old 07-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Surely a DVD sleeve is too high.

I have just measured my Charlie and chocolate factory box against my FS IJ4 steelbook and they are within 1mm of thickness of each other. Therefore I am going to assume they are the same. I am assuming Crashkelly is talking about a US thin Amaray case.

The ebay auction above states 14mm, my steelbooks are closer to 15 or 16mm. Its no wonder you can't fit it in.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007

Quote:
What sleeves are you using?
Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #31

Jun 2009
UK

I've searched and searched and can only find two sizes that the "Mirror" brand do: 14mm and 7mm.

I did find an alternative seller on eBay who was selling Multi-Disc sleeves but they were to fit cases up to 28mm!!
Old 07-21-2009, 12:58 PM   #32
Special Member

Oct 2008
UK

@Red Skies yeah thats the ones i use to, its really strange i have no problems fitting my steels in them, here's some images of my own steels with the mirror sleeves on:

@richieb1971 its a brand called Mirror
Old 07-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #33

Jun 2009
UK

Quote:
@Red Skies yeah thats the ones i use to, its really strange i have no problems fitting my steels in them, here's some images of my own steels with the mirror sleeves on:r
Do you have any special tips, seriously. I've wasted around 10 bags trying and every-time they split
Old 07-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #34
Special Member

Oct 2008
UK

Not that i can think of Are you trying to push the steelbook into the sleeve or are you pulling the sleeve over the steelbook?

Also out of interest what steelbook is it you are trying to put the sleeve on? I know for example terminator 2 will not fit with the extra piece of cardboard on it, so i just put the sleeve on the steel then the cardboard extra on top of it. so if there is anything extra take it off so its just the steelbook
Old 07-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #35

Jun 2009
UK

I've tried both methods 'pushing' and 'pulling' on a few different Steelbooks including Terminator 2 (although I hadn't removed the outer sleeve, DOH!), Sweeney Todd and Crouching Tiger. I must be doing something wrong because I haven't been able to get a wrap to fit a standard (UK) case, only the slim US ones.

You'd think this would have been straight forward, not for me
Old 07-21-2009, 01:26 PM   #36
Special Member

Oct 2008
UK

Sorry man i really dont know then, maybe the insides of the sleeves are sticking together for some reason, maybe try putting your hands inside the sleeve to open it up abit before trying to slide the steel inside
Old 07-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #37

May 2009

craig02 do you have any spare?
I am using these, are they different?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Protect-Your-B...lenotsupported
Old 07-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #38
Special Member

Oct 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Skies View Post

I don't know where you got the bags from, but I've picked up the standard dvd sized 14mm bags from shop4tech, and I have yet to rip a bag. I have dvd and blu-ray steelbooks, and I've gone through about 200 bags so far. The bags I use are not perfect for blu-rays, but a little scotch tape on the back to hold the flap down and you can't tell. Are you sure you got the right bags? It sounds like you might have some bags that are made for slim dvd cases, which is why they won't fit and keep ripping open.

These are the bags I have used without issue:

DO NOT BUY THESE BAGS (they are not wide enough, they are for slim dvd cases):
(this is the link tiger posted on the first page of this thread. I'm pretty sure this is the wrong one, and tiger meant to post the one for the standard dvd sized cases).
http://www.shop4tech.com/item2795.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico77 View Post
O-M-G! Those pictures of that Dark Knight steelbook protected in a poly bag look awefully similar to the polybags from shop4tech. I can't say for certain that they are, but the seal, the flap, the side crease, the clarity of the bag; they look EXACTLY THE SAME. If so, he's making a killing selling them for that price. I can pick up 100 bags or more for what he is selling just 10 for.

Last edited by mr. b; 07-21-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 PM   #39

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. b View Post
I don't know where you got the bags from, but I've picked up the standard dvd sized 14mm bags from shop4tech, and I have yet to rip a bag. I have dvd and blu-ray steelbooks, and I've gone through about 200 bags so far. The bags I use are not perfect for blu-rays, but a little scotch tape on the back to hold the flap down and you can't tell. Are you sure you got the right bags? It sounds like you might have some bags that are made for slim dvd cases, which is why they won't fit and keep ripping open.

These are the bags I have used without issue:

DO NOT BUY THESE BAGS (they are not wide enough, they are for slim dvd cases):
(this is the link tiger posted on the first page of this thread. I'm pretty sure this is the wrong one, and tiger meant to post the one for the standard dvd sized cases).
http://www.shop4tech.com/item2795.html

O-M-G! Those pictures of that Dark Knight steelbook protected in a poly bag look awefully similar to the polybags from shop4tech. I can't say for certain that they are, but the seal, the flap, the side crease, the clarity of the bag; they look EXACTLY THE SAME. If so, he's making a killing selling them for that price. I can pick up 100 bags or more for what he is selling just 10 for.
I must admit I brought some but paid much less. even so he is making a killing. I find them to wide and dont fit tight as I would like. I haven't sealed them up as unsure if it's possible to unseal...
Old 07-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #40
Special Member

Oct 2008
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico77 View Post
Answered this an your other questions you sent in the PM you sent
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks