Best SteelBook Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Terminator Genisys (Blu-ray)
$10.99
2 hrs ago
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Blu-ray)
$23.30

Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$15.72

Train to Busan (Blu-ray)
$15.99

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Star Trek: Lower Decks Season One (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Rawhead Rex (Blu-ray)
$24.35

Coming to America 4K (Blu-ray)
$18.99
1 day ago
Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.11

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Super 8 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks

Old 09-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Europe, Portugal Blu-ray SteelBook™: 514 3D_Blu-ray: 100

CdnBlu glue it then!

sconde if you knew that the Iron Man Canadian worth more than $150US now.. you would think of getting the German as fast as you can.

Did I tell you what I think about the region thing? One day or another you will end up getting a multi-region player.. it's a matter of time. Back then I bought my first DVDs even before I have any DVD player.. always look forward my friend
Old 09-16-2009, 04:14 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008
New York City Blu-Ray Steelbooks™: (75)

Quote:
Originally Posted by victors View Post
CdnBlu glue it then!

sconde if you knew that the Iron Man Canadian worth more than $150US now.. you would think of getting the German as fast as you can.

Did I tell you what I think about the region thing? One day or another you will end up getting a multi-region player.. it's a matter of time. Back then I bought my first DVDs even before I have any DVD player.. always look forward my friend

thats why I try to modify my thinking ... till now I have been contemplating, which before would have been a definite "no"....but I still cannot pass through the threshold

and especially if my pockets cant bear another hit....

but I always keep this in mind thanks to you
and when I do cross it, you will be the first one to know

Last edited by Arkitect76; 09-16-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Europe, Portugal Blu-ray SteelBook™: 514 3D_Blu-ray: 100

sconde read my theory about the FS Iron Man.. conclusion.. the more you wait the more expensive it will be.. so will even hurt more your pocket later on.. this is like a disease, the later you thread it worse it will be, more complicate = more money to pay.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by victors View Post
sconde read my theory about the FS Iron Man.. conclusion.. the more you wait the more expensive it will be.. so will even hurt more your pocket later on.. this is like a disease, the later you thread it worse it will be, more complicate = more money to pay.

I know...it is true...but hey you win some you lose some...The way I see it (just to make me sleep better at night ) is that anything that came out before my time in steelbook collecting (+/- 2 months ago), I will not look back....but from this moment on I wont let anyone pass me by
Old 09-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #45
Power Member

Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada

haha I know what you mean. I ended up going back and buying Ironman CDN and IAL CDN (neither one showed up mint/sealed like the seller had said) but then again the prices were nowhere near what they are today.

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for Mint/SEALED copies of: CDN Ironman, CDN IAL and German IAL, but I won't be holding my breath. There's too many new releases coming to steel that I want before double dipping on the expensive ones.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnBlu View Post
haha I know what you mean. I ended up going back and buying Ironman CDN and IAL CDN (neither one showed up mint/sealed like the seller had said) but then again the prices were nowhere near what they are today.

I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for Mint/SEALED copies of: CDN Ironman, CDN IAL and German IAL, but I won't be holding my breath. There's too many new releases coming to steel that I want before double dipping on the expensive ones.
+1 on that one my friend
Old 09-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #47
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_qc View Post
I started this Steelbook s**t and this the mother****ing thanks I get?
Just to paraphrase Ice Cube...

How well it's all good I guess.

I'll be back!

I thought exactly the same thing and explained quite like you my friend, I was talking about the spped of light and how stupid I looked trying to do it.

Cheers,
Gui.
I guess it doesn't work for us YET because, at least for me, I don't pump iron, therefore my acceleration thrust speed is not fast enough, i guess Ima have to become strong like bull for it to have a better acceleration thrust time...and a chance for it to work....someday...

Last edited by Arkitect76; 09-17-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:36 AM   #48
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by sconde View Post
I guess it doesn't work for us YET because, at least for me, I don't pump iron, therefore my acceleration thrust speed is not fast enough, i guess Ima have to become strong like bull for it to have a better acceleration thrust time...and a chance for it to work....someday...
I fixed all my loose disc (1 disc) most of them at my first attempt. (even my very first try)
But i had no luck with one of my "Le dernier Trappeur" and just fixed it yesterday (at least 5 tries with this one )
A guy bought it monday and got it fixed for free.

Remember one thing sconde, don't be shy when you think you pushed enough keep squeezing the SB. The steel will be fine it'll get is hape back in a few seconds when you release the pression.

Maybe I would be too scare to try this with John Rambo or the German Wanted or IAL.

You can do it.

Cheers,
Gui.

Last edited by tiger_qc; 09-17-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007
San Francisco Bay Blu-Ray SteelBooks™: (150+)

Quote:
I've only had one loose disc so far. I ended up opening it though as I wanted to watch the movie ASAP!

So just to clarify the German MM exclusive Ironman is Region B locked correct? Mine is still sealed but I've been contemplating opening it as the back part of the steelbook appears to have came 'unglued' in one spot.
That sucks if that is the case since the FS release is region free I believe
Old 09-17-2009, 02:57 AM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Quote:
I fixed three of them yesterday with the second technique I wrote down after opening up one of my Harry Potter's I should've done the returns to Amazon first before I attempted on my Harry Potter movie, oh wells
Old 09-17-2009, 03:08 AM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraver69 View Post
I fixed three of them yesterday with the second technique I wrote down after opening up one of my Harry Potter's I should've done the returns to Amazon first before I attempted on my Harry Potter movie, oh wells
Would you have opened it anyways?
Some people actually play the movie if I'm correct.

But I can't do it, there's a mechanism in my body that stop me to ever attempt to open a SB. (I opened IAL, Iron Man, Indy 4 & TDK and regret it today.)

I have the amaray version of MOST of my Steelbook. (No need to open them)
But just one of each!
I have 7 T2 SBs (6 blu-Rays) and only 1 amaray.

Cheers,
Gui.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:16 AM   #52
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Quote:
Would you have opened it anyways?
Some people actually play the movie if I'm correct.

But I can't do it, there's a mechanism in my body that stop me to ever attempt to open a SB. (I opened IAL, Iron Man, Indy 4 & TDK and regret it today.)

I have the amaray version of MOST of my Steelbook. (No need to open them)
But just one of each!
I have 7 T2 SBs (6 blu-Rays) and only 1 amaray.

Cheers,
Gui.
Much respect, I have only opened a couple of my SteelBooks but about 90% is still sealed. I was thinking about opening up all the Harry Potter's anyways. I am actually getting rid of the Amaray's to make room for the SteelBooks because my shelf is overloaded with Blu-ray's + SteelBooks.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:17 AM   #53
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

If anyone has the paper sleeve for the back of the Indiana Jones KOTCS SteelBook I would like to purchase it. I got the SteelBook used and it didn't come with it.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:25 AM   #54
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraver69 View Post
Much respect, I have only opened a couple of my SteelBooks but about 90% is still sealed. I was thinking about opening up all the Harry Potter's anyways. I am actually getting rid of the Amaray's to make room for the SteelBooks because my shelf is overloaded with Blu-ray's + SteelBooks.
I have 130 sealed blu-ray SBs and 1 opened...
And yes it's John Rambo...
I'm on a mission.

I feel your pain I have no more room left I HAVE to make shelf and box the DVDs. (or sell them if it worth the pain.) I have arround 500 HDM and 400 DVDs and no room for it.

Cheers,
Gui.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:32 AM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Quote:
I have 130 sealed blu-ray SBs and 1 opened...
And yes it's John Rambo...
I'm on a mission.

I feel your pain I have no more room left I HAVE to make shelf and box the DVDs. (or sell them if it worth the pain.) I have arround 500 HDM and 400 DVDs and no room for it.

Cheers,
Gui.
Man don't get me started on DVD's. i have a boatload of those too. I think I am going to open up a post at a flea market and sell them for $3 each screw it
Old 09-17-2009, 05:12 AM   #56
Special Member

Oct 2008
Texas

You know it's because of you OCD guys that I have yet to open up my FS Iron Man SteelBook. I am trying to find a mint open copy just so I can trade off my mint sealed one. I had an extra mint sealed Iron Man that I was hanging onto, but I recently traded it (for a dvd SteelBook also! It was the R1 X3, the holy grail of dvd SteelBooks. Got tired of not having the trilogy in steelies). I'm in no hurry to open the Iron Man Blu-ray SteelBook, but if I do, I'll be sure to take LOTS of pictures for you guys!

Quote:
So just to clarify the German MM exclusive Ironman is Region B locked correct? Mine is still sealed but I've been contemplating opening it as the back part of the steelbook appears to have came 'unglued' in one spot.
Oh, and according to this site, the German version of Iron Man is region-free. You can open away!
Blu-Ray Region Code Info-Region B

Last edited by mr. b; 09-17-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:37 AM   #57

Nov 2008
Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkelly View Post
and THE ONE is here to enlighten the masses .....

Hold the stelbook with the front cover face up and gently shake the case until the loose disc, or floater, sounds like it has come to rest on the center hub. The easiest way to tell this is essentially that when you shake the case very gently the floater does not rattle around anymore.

Now, put your fingers around the back of the steelbook and your two thumbs on the left and right sides of the front of the case with each of them about halfway between the outer edges of the case and the hub in the center.

Once setup in this configuration, begin to compress the steelbook between your fingers and thumbs. The steelbook will flex and deform, but it will not permanently bend. When you feel like you have compressed the steelbook enough, compress it a little more and your disc should reseat. You may or may not hear a slight click when the dsc reseats, but this depends on the case itself and the hub.

That is it

It will take you a few tries to master it, it took me about 10 or 15 tries before I got my first one to reseat, but once you get it, you get it. Now, about 75% of the time I can get it on the first try and of the ones that do not reseat on the first try, about 99% go on the second.

Again, I must stress to you, that although it looks and feels like you are going to damage the steelbook, you will not, or at least to this point I have not and I have probably done about 25 of them.

This is a great trick as I, like tiger and I am sure a few others, have replaced a steelbook because the one that I received had a floater.

You have now been enlighten, go forth and spread the word of the steel ......

Cheers and good luck my friends
CrashKelly

Success at last! After about a dozen tries... I am now enlightened..

This is the first time I am able to re-seat a loose disc. Thank you crashkelly for the detailed instructions! Very, very helpful.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Great White North

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyder View Post
Success at last! After about a dozen tries... I am now enlightened..

This is the first time I am able to re-seat a loose disc. Thank you crashkelly for the detailed instructions! Very, very helpful.
Glad to hear it

Isn't the silence you hear when you shake the steelbook after fixing the floater just the greatest non-sound you ever didn't hear

Now that ye are enlightened .... take forth the lessons I have taught you to the world so that they may understand the way of the steel .....
Old 09-17-2009, 02:42 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkelly View Post
Glad to hear it

Isn't the silence you hear when you shake the steelbook after fixing the floater just the greatest non-sound you ever didn't hear

Now that ye are enlightened .... take forth the lessons I have taught you to the world so that they may understand the way of the steel .....

CRASH, you have done something here, you have saved ALOT of steelbooks that otherwise would have been thrown into a corner and forgotten to encounter their almost certain demise...

Whoa!!! WTF did i just say there? somebody please translate

Last edited by Arkitect76; 09-17-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:20 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009
Great White North

Quote:
CRASH, you have done something here, you have saved ALOT of steelbooks that otherwise would have been thrown into a corner and forgotten to encounter their almost certain demise...

Whoa!!! WTF did i just say there? somebody please translate
Thanks for the kudos, but you guys better stop or I am going to get a severely swollen head

Cheers all
CrashKelly
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray SteelBooks