Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong / Godzilla: King of the Monsters / Kong: Skull Island (Blu-ray)
$39.99
11 hrs ago
The Web (Blu-ray)
$16.59
11 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Voyagers 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
10 hrs ago
Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
17 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Working Girls (Blu-ray)
$27.99
41 min ago
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
8 hrs ago
Bringing Up Baby (Blu-ray)
$27.99
41 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Movie Polls

View Poll Results: Which is the better movie: Batman Begins or TDK?
Batman Begins 142 39.01%
The Dark Knight 222 60.99%
Voters: 364. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL
Default Batman Begins vs. The Dark Knight

I go back and forth on this one. Which do you think is the better movie? Both are masterpieces in my book, but I think Begins might, just might, have the edge.

Post your votes and opinions please.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Power Member

Sep 2008
Australia

I thought The Dark Knight was better with the acting, characters, pacing and writing. The Batman Begins villians felt too weak and weren't much of a threat. And jumping back and forth through time did get a bit confusing at times.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2009
Send a message via AIM to zahinn

Hard to tell...

I liked the humble feeling Batman Begins had. But I guess Dark Knight gets the vote since it had more merits than Batman Begins; acting, writing, editing..etc, etc.....
Old 11-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
Special Member

Jun 2007

I thought the Batman begins had the better story, so it gets my vote. but they are both entertainng.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
Power Member

Mar 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba

For me, they are both outstanding films that are in my top 10. What Nolan did for the Batman universe was fantastic. I love Begins for the awesome storytelling, excellent cast & acting and thrilling final sequence. The Dark Knight has all of those but in addition features a gripping crime thriller plot, better directed action sequences (the first was cut too fast for me) and finally, the ace in the hole is Heath Ledger's chilling performance as The Joker. So, my vote goes to The Dark Knight
Old 11-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2009
Tampa, FL

Batman Begins was outstanding in its own right, but Dark Knight is simply better in all aspects.

But you're right that both are masterpieces.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Power Member

Sep 2009

I have to say Batman Begins.

TDK to me was way over-hyped and Heath Ledger's performance was the only thing i really liked about it. Still not a bad movie but i think that people ruined it for me with all the hype. I went into it expecting something crazy and it never happened for me. Maybe thats my fault idk.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #8

Nov 2007
Opera Garnier
Send a message via MSN to Toxa

hard choice I like them both I'm huge a fan but begins remains my favorite
Old 11-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #9
Banned

Jun 2008
Hollywood, California VIA Smallville, Kansas

The scenes with Liam Neeson in Begins were pretty cool, but I think The Dark Knight is better. I recently watched the first Batman with Keaton and Jack Nicholson and I have to say, Nicholson's Joker is right up there with Ledger's. The Dark Knight is better overall, but Batman Begins is close behind.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Expert Member

Dec 2008

I think both movies are great but I always had an issue with the fight sequences from Batman Begins. That quick MTV style editing to the point where you could not comprehend what was going on, that killed the movie for me. Other than that, I like this interpretation of Batman far better than the movies from the 90s.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #11
Special Member

Jul 2008
So Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvd_mazter View Post
For me, they are both outstanding films that are in my top 10. What Nolan did for the Batman universe was fantastic. I love Begins for the awesome storytelling, excellent cast & acting and thrilling final sequence. The Dark Knight has all of those but in addition features a gripping crime thriller plot, better directed action sequences (the first was cut too fast for me) and finally, the ace in the hole is Heath Ledger's chilling performance as The Joker. So, my vote goes to The Dark Knight
+1

Well Put.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2009
Winnipeg, MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLant19 View Post
I have to say Batman Begins.

TDK to me was way over-hyped and Heath Ledger's performance was the only thing i really liked about it. Still not a bad movie but i think that people ruined it for me with all the hype. I went into it expecting something crazy and it never happened for me. Maybe thats my fault idk.
YUP!

Batman Begins. Fresh direction with no "dead" actor hype to cloud the fact that a movie is actually weak when compared to it's predecessor.

Also didn't like Katie Holmes' replacement. Horrible...

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the first viewing, but like the Ring, it had no staying power and has been boring thereafter.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2007
Haddonfield, IL

BB actually gets better with every viewing. The plot has many layers and I pick up something new every time. Also, Katie Holmes is a much better Rachel.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:11 PM   #14
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

I voted the DK but BB is pretty close to being just as good. Imo, they're both highly enjoyable and I am looking forward to watching them on my Thanksgiving break.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #15
Expert Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpz View Post
YUP!

Batman Begins. Fresh direction with no "dead" actor hype to cloud the fact that a movie is actually weak when compared to it's predecessor.

Let's be honest, you were not intrigued by Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker prior to his death? Call it what you want, but Heath's performance sold this flick, dead or alive.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #16
Expert Member

Jan 2008
Orange County, CA
Send a message via AIM to Rovic

dark knight for me...
Old 11-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinn View Post
Hard to tell...

I liked the humble feeling Batman Begins had. But I guess Dark Knight gets the vote since it had more merits than Batman Begins; acting, writing, editing..etc, etc.....

It is fine to consider TDK a better film, but to include writing and editing among the things that make it better is very confusing to me since both were undeniably weak in TDK (while other things could certainly be argued as better, such as acting and sound).
Old 11-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2007
AB,Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by leem6453 View Post
BB actually gets better with every viewing. The plot has many layers and I pick up something new every time. Also, Katie Holmes is a much better Rachel.
Katie Holmes was the worst. She has a droopy face and can't act. Maggie was at least a better actress but still not great in the looks department.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove93 View Post
Let's be honest, you were not intrigued by Heath Ledger's portrayal of The Joker prior to his death? Call it what you want, but Heath's performance sold this flick, dead or alive.

I know this question was not directed at me, so I apologize for answering: no, I was not intrigued by Ledger playing Joker before he died. I very vividly remember reading on Rottentomatoes that he was announced as Joker, when there had been speculation that it was going to be Johnny Depp and other such actors. I actually laughed a bit to myself because I just couldn't see it and I did not think Ledger was a very good actor (yes, I know he was good in Brokeback but that's about it). So, no, I def was not excited when I found out about it and I know many ppl that feel the same.

That being said, he was fantastic in the role and proved me wrong. He deserved to win the Oscar without a doubt, although he certainly benefited from the weakest best supporting actor group in many years. His performance was not as good as some of the other winners from this decade and his death certainly affected the Academy voters, but regardless of this effect, he deserved to win.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:34 PM   #20
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2009
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold BUTTERS View Post
Katie Holmes was the worst. She has a droopy face and can't act. Maggie was at least a better actress but still not great in the looks department.

I think they're both very weak actresses and neither are very good looking.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies > Movie Polls