Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
Knights of Sidonia: Complete Series Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99
11 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Grisaia: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
10 hrs ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$49.99
10 hrs ago
30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$46.07
2 hrs ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

MM!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$42.99
9 hrs ago
Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
$24.96

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 06-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #21
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Here is your first official image of Rick Grimes. Click on it to see the full expanded picture.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:16 PM   #22
Man in the Box

Jan 2007

I may get some flack for this, but I'd liked to see this show in Black and White.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #23

Jan 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deads3t View Post
I may get some flack for this, but I'd liked to see this show in Black and White.
Agreed! When the project was first announced I had wondered if they were going to do it in b&w. Maybe it'll be an option for when it comes out on disc, like Darabont did with "The Mist."
Old 06-16-2010, 11:45 PM   #24

Jan 2009
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
Here is your first official image of Rick Grimes. Click on it to see the full expanded picture.
Great find WyldeMan! Thanks for posting it.

I'm really excited for this series after seeing stills of the zombies and now Rick. I'm up through volume 5 of the hardcover collections and ready for more. I'm wondering what sorts of twists and surprises the TV version will have in store, and how closely they'll be following the established stories. The comics have been a wild ride, so this could easily be one of the more interesting TV shows of recent years if they're as ballsy as the creator Robert Kirkman's been with this world.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:52 AM   #25
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Clarksville, Indiana

I can't wait for this to finally air. It is by far my favorite comic series of all time.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:14 AM   #26

May 2009

nice can't wait for this.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #27
Expert Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyOfDarknessAW View Post
I love zombie movies so this sounds really cool. I really hope it is a dark and bleak show that makes you feel what it would be like if a zombie apocalypse happened.
The comic series makes Dawn of the Dead look upbeat and positive. And fair warning to those who like the more generic side of horror...this series will focus more on the human interactions moreso than generic Zombie action...and that's not a bad thing...some seriously effed up stuff happens almost routinely in the comic but its handled in such a believable way that you genuinely get choked up when characters die...and many will
Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume11 View Post
some seriously effed up stuff happens almost routinely in the comic but its handled in such a believable way that you genuinely get choked up when characters die...and many will
Oh man spoiler alert!!! Zombie fighting people are gonna die!!?!?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #29
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Wow, this show is going to be awesome. It's a shame that season one will only be 6 episodes, however with AMC not known to cancel any of it's shows that I'm aware of, this will definitely get a 13 episode order for a second season to debut next fall more than likely. Also based on this first photo, is that a Hummer??

Old 06-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #30
Expert Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Oh man spoiler alert!!! Zombie fighting people are gonna die!!?!?
I almost did put spoiler tags on my comment! People on the interwebs are awfully sensitive to ANY spoilers...but I also thought it was common sense that characters are going to die at a healthy rate since, like you said, its a zombie series.

You seem very interested in the series...I honestly can't give the comic enough praise. You should really pick up the first volume or two so you know what to expect from the show. From what I have read the first 6 episodes will cover roughly the first 10-12 issues which are collected in a single hardcover edition or 2 soft cover TPB editions. It truly is a great series even non-comic fans can enjoy.

And yes, AMC, thankfully, look to be positioning the series alongside its two flagship originals "MAdMen" and "Breaking Bad", both amazing shows.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:59 PM   #31
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
I almost did put spoiler tags on my comment! People on the interwebs are awfully sensitive to ANY spoilers...but I also thought it was common sense that characters are going to die at a healthy rate since, like you said, its a zombie series.

You seem very interested in the series...I honestly can't give the comic enough praise. You should really pick up the first volume or two so you know what to expect from the show. From what I have read the first 6 episodes will cover roughly the first 10-12 issues which are collected in a single hardcover edition or 2 soft cover TPB editions. It truly is a great series even non-comic fans can enjoy.

And yes, AMC, thankfully, look to be positioning the series alongside its two flagship originals "MAdMen" and "Breaking Bad", both amazing shows.
Yeah people are overly touchy here about spoilers, even when they are over very obvious things such as potential fatality rates against zombies, lol.

I am very interested in this show, and I actually am not a zombie fan at all. I've never particularly enjoyed any of the zombie movies over the years, even though I'm probably seen them all at one time or another cause a buddy of mine is obsessed with zombie movies. So I've had to watch them during drinking sessions more than once.

I've tried on several occasions to read the comic books that many shows and movies are based on, and for some reason I develop a complete case of ADD and can never get more than a few pages in before finding compelled to stop and never pick it up again. Don't know why really, always been like that even as a kid. But not knowing anything about the source material here could be fun, going in totally spoiler free and not knowing what to expect seems a lot more enjoyable than knowing who lives and dies, and what the ending will be like, so I will probably just try to stay that way until I can watch the series.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:17 AM   #32
Expert Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
But not knowing anything about the source material here could be fun, going in totally spoiler free and not knowing what to expect seems a lot more enjoyable than knowing who lives and dies, and what the ending will be like, so I will probably just try to stay that way until I can watch the series.
That is until you finish up the 6 episodes from season 1 sometime in November and can't wait another year to find out what happens next...:0
Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #33
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
That is until you finish up the 6 episodes from season 1 sometime in November and can't wait another year to find out what happens next...:0

Between fx, Amc and hbo I've grown accustomed to waiting for great tv.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:23 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

Darabont + zombies = awesomeness.

Link: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45528

2 interesting tidbits I pulled from the article are:

1.) "They were also shooting 35mm, not HD."

2.) "For those worried that AMC is going to shackle Darabont and his collaborators the only thing I can say is that I was there for one of the earliest scenes of the series and I saw an eight year old zombie girl with her cheek chewed off, teeth showing through, get shot in the head." lol Thank you AMC!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #35
Power Member

Aug 2009
Believeland
Thumbs up

Dude, this looks badass!!!! I can't wait to see this on TV!
Old 06-23-2010, 06:40 PM   #36
Man in the Box

Jan 2007

Great pics! I can't wait to see these characters come to life on TV. I hope it all meshes well, script, acting, camera work...
Old 06-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #37
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender_Mullet View Post
2.) "For those worried that AMC is going to shackle Darabont and his collaborators the only thing I can say is that I was there for one of the earliest scenes of the series and I saw an eight year old zombie girl with her cheek chewed off, teeth showing through, get shot in the head." lol Thank you AMC!
Only on cable can you see something like that, lol. Awesome!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #38

Mar 2008
Forest Hills, Queens NY
Default New photo of the cast of the Walking Dead

This pic was released today and if it doesn't excite you more to see the series don't really know what will. I can't wait till October to see it. Just seeing them wearing the same clothes as the comics is a great feeling.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #39
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

Just finished catching up with 11 paperback volumes of The Walking Dead (12th coming up soon).

This is probably the best Zombie Epic ever done, but I have to wonder how some of the more hardcore events will translate on TV...

[Show spoiler] in particular what happens to Rick's Wife and the baby, and the Whole Governor thing

Can't wait though.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #40
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adegan View Post
This pic was released today and if it doesn't excite you more to see the series don't really know what will. I can't wait till October to see it. Just seeing them wearing the same clothes as the comics is a great feeling.

Have no background knowledge of the comic for comparison but this looks great.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows