Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
10 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
8 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Hand (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 hrs ago
City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
The Groove Tube (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
10 hrs ago
Wrong Turn (Blu-ray)
$9.96
15 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 48 4.86%
Two Stars 90 9.11%
Three Stars 186 18.83%
Four Stars 377 38.16%
Five Stars 287 29.05%
Voters: 988. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
Power Member

Aug 2008
OH, U.S.A. SteelBooks™:+200
Default Zack Snyder's 'Man of Steel'

Synopsis:
Quote:
A young boy learns that he has extraordinary powers and is not of this Earth. As a young man, he journeys to discover where he came from and what he was sent here to do. But the hero in him must emerge if he is to save the world from annihilation and become the symbol of hope for all mankind.

UPDATES:

Latest Update (3/10/10):
Quote:
Nolan has been confirmed as overseeing the next Superman film to be written by David Goyer.

Nolan said that he admired Singer’s film, especially the way it connected in to director Richard Donner’s version of Superman and the first two movies starring Reeve. Nolan added, though, that this new movie will stand on its own

“A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that’s what I know how to do,” Nolan said, emphasizing the idea that Batman exists in a world where he is the only superhero and a similar approach to the Man of Steel would assure the integrity needed for the film. “Each serves to the internal logic of the story. They have nothing to do with each other.”

“[Goyer] basically told me, ‘I have this thought about how you would approach Superman,’” Nolan recalled. “I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I’ve never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way.”

Goyer is now writing the screenplay and Nolan is keeping it close to the vest.
Full Story in LA Times

Last edited by SapGoblin; 06-12-2013 at 03:41 PM. Reason: updated OP
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2009
Trapped on the Death Star

I'd like to see Routh and Singer get another shot but I'll watch anything with the Man of Steel.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

I don't love the choice of David Goyer, but the story actually sounds like it has great potential....new villain (thank god), no origin story....let's just see how the director/casting decisions play out...
Old 02-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

i kinda liked superman returns....i own the blu and may have to watch it again now since this discussion popped up.

i would also like to see routh get another shot @ supes.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
CA

Great news! (if true). I think the choice of Goyer is a good one and the ideas for the movie sound solid

I liked Superman Returns or what it was but it is necessary to let that series go and begin again. I'm really looking forward to this.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2008
Pillars of Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta88 View Post
Great news! (if true). I think the choice of Goyer is a good one and the ideas for the movie sound solid

I liked Superman Returns or what it was but it is necessary to let that series go and begin again. I'm really looking forward to this.
I agree but I wish we could get Routh back he was a great replacement for Reeve.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
Power Member

Aug 2008
Default And now this...

"Hey folks, Harry here... So just a while ago I just got off the phone with Thomas Tull at Legendary Pictures who told me that the story that appeared over on LATINO REVIEW just frankly isn't true. Tull has not unilaterally hired Goyer to come in and write the new SUPERMAN. He loves Goyer, but frankly - the project isn't at the Script stage yet. Seems Nolan is still hatching some ideas. But he just wanted me to pass on that they have the highest enthusiasm for this project, but the story on Latino just isn't accurate. I'll see what more I can find out, but as of right now, there really isn't anything else to tell."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/44074

hopefully the only part that isn't accurate is "Not starring Brandon Routh!!!"
Old 02-24-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Hmm, Latino Review is generally pretty solid and tends to break eventually validated stories...let's wait to see what happens with this.

Last edited by Sussudio; 02-24-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 PM   #9

Jan 2010

Superman Returns wasn't that good IMO... it lacked action, which is a must for these types of movies. That's one of the weak spots in any Singer superhero film... they always lack action.

So I'm looking forward to this new movie. Which I hope is fun, has a great story, and kick ass action.

Last edited by Kizzo; 02-24-2010 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
Power Member

Aug 2008
Default Variety confirms...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
Old 02-24-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapGoblin View Post
Good to see them publish the story as well, but they're still basing it off of the Latino article...I'm waiting for an actual studio announcement, which if this rumor rings true should be posted sooner rather than later.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Blood View Post
I agree but I wish we could get Routh back he was a great replacement for Reeve.
Exactly, he was a good replacement for Reeve. Superman Returns is a continuation of the old movies so it makes to have a similar actor. I think Routh was very good at that. I wouldn't mind him in the new series but I also would be fine with getting a fresh face or the series.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Illinois

Routh not returning? Ouch. Very disappointing, unless they cast someone better than how he portrayed the role, which won't be an easy task. I thought he was a perfect fit.

I'm just happy that Singer will not be directing it. Yay!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #14
Power Member

Aug 2009
Default Movie! Superman: Man Of Steel

Do not see this posted yet.

Let's see if it holds water. Very exciting if true.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exc...-of-steel-9286

I should look harder. Thanks mod

Last edited by Buddy Christ; 02-25-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:17 AM   #15
Banned

Sep 2009
NJ
Send a message via AIM to Idioteque... Send a message via MSN to Idioteque...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender_Mullet View Post
Routh not returning? Ouch. Very disappointing, unless they cast someone better than how he portrayed the role, which won't be an easy task. I thought he was a perfect fit.

I'm just happy that Singer will not be directing it. Yay!
Goyer writes good stories. I won't mind.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #16
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2009
-
-
-

Add me to the "Give Routh another crack at it" team.

Whoever gets the role, let them do their own thing (As long as that thing is good ) and not try and be a Reeve impersonator.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Seven seas

Thank God they dropped Singer and Routh. Singer has because so drab and boring with his comic book interpretations. Routh was more wooden than Bale. Nowhere did he ever convince anyone he could fill Reeves shoes.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #18
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2006

From the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey: Glasses make girls ugly as well (ok, that idea is even worse than Clark's "disguise".

Yup. Horrifying.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:02 AM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Seven seas

Remember Clark Kent is the costume that Superman wears. Superman could be considered like Bruce Wayne not Batman.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:10 AM   #20
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzo View Post
Superman Returns wasn't that good IMO... it lacked action, which is a must for these types of movies. That's one of the weak spots in any Singer superhero film... they always lack action.

So I'm looking forward to this new movie. Which I hope is fun, has a great story, and kick ass action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offender_Mullet View Post

I'm just happy that Singer will not be directing it.
Um, was I the only one who saw X2: X-MEN United???

The plan was to start out slow, get people reacquainted with the Superman universe and mythos as laid out by the Donner film(s), and then have a kick-ass followup film. I've heard the story outline for the second Singer film from people associated with the production of the first film and all I can say is...dammit. We have lost a great film.

PS: I grew up with the Donner originals and Returns is a great followup. Seeing Luthor interacting with the Jor-El holographic projection was chilling.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies