Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99
1 day ago
A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.75

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Vampire Pink (Blu-ray)
$25.47
1 hr ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Gleipnir: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 10-31-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington
Default Showtime's "Shameless" (Season 9)

Click the photo to view the series promo
" target="_blank">
Premiers Sunday, Jan. 9 at 10pm
Quote:
Oscar®-nominated William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum star in this fiercely engaging and fearlessly twisted new series. Chicagoan Frank Gallagher is the proud single dad of six smart, industrious, independent kids, who without him would be… perhaps better off. When Frank’s not at the bar spending what little money they have, he’s passed out on the floor. But the kids have found ways to grow up in spite of him. They may not be like any family you know, but they make no apologies for being exactly who they are.

The series, based on the life of British television writer Paul Abbot, revolves around the Gallagher family, a working-class Chicago family, trying to survive. With the mother gone, Macy will be taking the lead as Frank Gallagher, an alcoholic who “usually ends up passed out on the living-room floor,” while Rossum will play the eldest Gallagher child, Fiona, who serves as the interim mother “keeping her five younger brothers and sisters on the straight and narrow.”

While Abbot obviously didn’t grow up in Chicago, everything else from the original series is being transferred, including the character names. One reason for such a faithful adaptation is that Abbott, along with Wells, wrote the pilot and will stay on as executive producer.

Although, with the British version of the series entering its seventh season, Abbott won’t have much of an input with the American version, but Wells will serve as showrunner and if anyone will be able to make this show work, John Wells will.

(From left to right) Cameron Monaghan as Ian, Emma Kenney as Debbie, William H. Macy as Frank, Blake and Brennan Johnson as Liam, Emmy Rossum as Fiona, Justin Chatwin as Steve, Jeremy White as Lip, and Ethan Cutkosky as Carl in Shamless

From left to right - Allison Janney as Sheila, William H. Macy as Frank, Emmy Rossum as Fiona in Shamless

Last edited by Scottie; 11-07-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:19 AM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

I like the cast, but the previews have been crap. It's like Always sunny, but not in any way hysterical.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamma626 View Post
I like the cast, but the previews have been crap. It's like Always sunny, but not in any way hysterical.
I like the previews but in more of a I'll need to see it to decide kind of way. I don't love the previews either, but it does interest me. It's nothing I am super excited for but I will at least check out the first few episodes, even if I'm not really a fan of anything on Showtime.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:25 AM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

I like californication (and that's a mild like mind you.), used to love Dexter (I havent watched past this years premiere. Just dont have the time. I WILL buy the blu though) and I like Secret Diary of a Call Girl (and that's an import anyway.)

I have showtime, but frankly, the channel sucks. movies are shitty, the shows are piss poor for the most part, and their soft core stuff sucks too!
Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

I'm looking forward to this show and the trailer seemed good to me. Never did see the UK version though so not sure how different they are from each other.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:38 AM   #6
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
I like the previews but in more of a I'll need to see it to decide kind of way. I don't love the previews either, but it does interest me. It's nothing I am super excited for but I will at least check out the first few episodes, even if I'm not really a fan of anything on Showtime.
Same I don't really get it all lol, but its quite intriguing.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
I like californication (and that's a mild like mind you.), used to love Dexter (I havent watched past this years premiere. Just dont have the time. I WILL buy the blu though) and I like Secret Diary of a Call Girl (and that's an import anyway.)

I have showtime, but frankly, the channel sucks. movies are shitty, the shows are piss poor for the most part, and their soft core stuff sucks too!
I used to be fans of both Californication and Dexter but just lost all interest over the past few seasons. i have seen some Diary because well Billie Piper might have the sexiest cheek bone structure and mouth on tv.

When Boardwalk Empire ends, I might just cancel my movie package anyways, because there won't be anything left on either HBO or Showtime to watch let alone warrant the extra $36 a month I have to pay to keep them. I could probably find other ways to watch Shameless anyways.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:44 AM   #8
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Billie Piper was such an awesome companion to The Doctor. Then such an AWESOME hooker. i love how britain works.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:45 AM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post

When Boardwalk Empire ends, I might just cancel my movie package anyways, because there won't be anything left on either HBO or Showtime to watch let alone warrant the extra $36 a month I have to pay to keep them. I could probably find other ways to watch Shameless anyways.
I won't do that

Weeds is starting to get on my nerves with where its all going... Nip/Tuck is the only show I've really liked that I just got fed up with in the late seasons
[Show spoiler]the thing with liz is insane tagging tens to that!
but weeds is starting to go down the same path...
Old 10-31-2010, 05:54 AM   #10
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Billie Piper was such an awesome companion to The Doctor. Then such an AWESOME hooker. i love how britain works.
I've only seen two episodes of Who, but I was so lost that I figured if you don't see it from the very beginning I probably wouldn't understand it. Was she on it long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Weeds is starting to get on my nerves with where its all going... Nip/Tuck is the only show I've really liked that I just got fed up with in the late seasons
[Show spoiler]the thing with liz is insane tagging tens to that!
but weeds is starting to go down the same path...
I loved Weeds the first two seasons, but found it to be utterly ridiculous after that and dropped it a few years back. I'd catch it randomly hear and there and it just never seemed to get better so I had no need to stick around. I watched every episode of Nip/Tuck and each week and each season I'd always ask myself why am I still watching this? I don't even like anybody on the show or care about the stories. But yet I watched every episode and still couldn't tell you if I actually enjoyed the show or not, it's the same with Big Love. I watch it, but couldn't tell you why.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:07 AM   #11
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Thats odd. You must have checked out one of the finales.

Yeah, two series, plus additional episodes. She was the first companion in the 2005 re-boot.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:11 AM   #12
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Thats odd. You must have checked out one of the finales.

Yeah, two series, plus additional episodes. She was the first companion in the 2005 re-boot.
The only thing I remember about the episode was some guy decided to document everything going on with a camera and there where creatures running around and I was just lost, lol. So by two series you mean two seasons? We're in Amurica pal, we don't call em series unless we're talking about the show in it's entirety.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:21 AM   #13
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Yeah. Which is the longest run for a companion thus far in the reboot. (until Karen Gillan returns in spring for season 6 and her second season.)
Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 AM   #14
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Yeah. Which is the longest run for a companion thus far in the reboot. (until Karen Gillan returns in spring for season 6 and her second season.)
By companion do you mean sex toy?
Old 10-31-2010, 06:25 AM   #15
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

No, not at all. She's like a side kick. (although, Rose, Billies character, certainly has feelings for the Doctor. And Amy, Karens character was a kisso-gram, which is supposed to be like a party stripper I think. )
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 AM   #16
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
No, not at all. She's like a side kick. (although, Rose, Billies character, certainly has feelings for the Doctor. And Amy, Karens character was a kisso-gram, which is supposed to be like a party stripper I think. )
Crazy Brits.....
Old 10-31-2010, 06:34 AM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Pretty much. It's clear by her outfit (see my avatar) what she did though.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:08 AM   #18
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
In Britain a kisso-gram only kisses and that's it nothing more then a kiss. Still kinda weird though.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Grapes Are Fun!
Send a message via AIM to The_Basterd
Default Shameless

Did you watch Shameless after Dexter? I thought the show was really good. I hope each episode is an hour or at least longer than the 17 minute sneak peak. I will definitely watch when the season officially starts in January.

Also,
[Show spoiler]
EMMY ROSSUM IS F*CKING HOT.

Last edited by The_Basterd; 12-13-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:06 AM   #20
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

I can't wait for the premier. Already got a thread started with some people talking about it.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/television...iscussion.html
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows