Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
5 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
5 hrs ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
1 day ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 day ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
23 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
1 day ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Eyes of a Stranger (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #17601
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1623
7
83
Default

Those look DVD sized.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:02 AM   #17602
shinseiRomeo shinseiRomeo is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
shinseiRomeo's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
US
1179
1
15
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Those look DVD sized.

Spooky is a BD. Bridesmaids is a fake-ray.

And thank you for the heads up on Ben Hur! It's $60 in the ad next week, I'll definitely check it out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #17603
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1623
7
83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Spooky is a BD. Bridesmaids is a fake-ray.

And thank you for the heads up on Ben Hur! It's $60 in the ad next week, I'll definitely check it out.
I got you bud, and ok cool is Target getting anything for Spooky Buddies? I know they are getting the book for Dumbo but haven't heard anything about SB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #17604
giannirenna giannirenna is offline
Expert Member
 
giannirenna's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
California
442
37
2
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
Not sure if this was posted yet but from the looks at the end of the trailer Pulp Fiction is getting a slip, but it looks very thin

Pulp Fiction Blu-ray Trailer (10/4/2011) - YouTube
yeah that computer generated image didn't make it look like one of those bulky blu-rays
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 AM   #17605
Gardenofstone10 Gardenofstone10 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Gardenofstone10's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Detroit, MI
98
281
120
8
259
Default

Anyone have a slipcover for Alien (first one) that was released in May. I just ordered all four of them, and Aliens Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection all have a slipcover but not Alien. Please help!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #17606
Mandalorian Mandalorian is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Mandalorian's Avatar
 
Sep 2010
299
1428
221
Default

Am I the only one who fears that the Pulp Ficiton slip could come with the whole midsection of the back cut out like other recent LG slips? Expendables, Everything Must Go...I know it doesn't really hurt it, but I think it's a pointless annoyance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 AM   #17607
shinseiRomeo shinseiRomeo is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
shinseiRomeo's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
US
1179
1
15
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
I got you bud, and ok cool is Target getting anything for Spooky Buddies? I know they are getting the book for Dumbo but haven't heard anything about SB.

target only has a Dumbo promo AFAIK. I'm not sure what to do now about Dumbo and Spooky since I can't buy both at one store.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:21 AM   #17608
shinseiRomeo shinseiRomeo is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
shinseiRomeo's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
US
1179
1
15
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenofstone10 View Post
Anyone have a slipcover for Alien (first one) that was released in May. I just ordered all four of them, and Aliens Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection all have a slipcover but not Alien. Please help!!!
It's very common in stores, not rare at all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ Smoove View Post
Am I the only one who fears that the Pulp Ficiton slip could come with the whole midsection of the back cut out like other recent LG slips? Expendables, Everything Must Go...I know it doesn't really hurt it, but I think it's a pointless annoyance.

I don't see it being like that since it's a catalog title and not a new movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #17609
Gardenofstone10 Gardenofstone10 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Gardenofstone10's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
Detroit, MI
98
281
120
8
259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
It's very common in stores, not rare at all.





I don't see it being like that since it's a catalog title and not a new movie.
Yeah but the stores won't let me take it because it has all their price tags on it. If it's 10 bucks, I might just rebuy it just for the slipcover and then return it
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:04 AM   #17610
Andrewtst Andrewtst is offline
Special Member
 
Andrewtst's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Johor, Malaysia
152
450
5
155
40
1
Send a message via ICQ to Andrewtst Send a message via MSN to Andrewtst Send a message via Yahoo to Andrewtst Send a message via Skype™ to Andrewtst
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
[Show spoiler]Well dudes and dudettes, I was all over the place today for midnight launches at multiple stores, got a bunch of swag. On the BD front, the Breakfast at Tiffany's slip is just stunning. I'd buy it at $15 or less, $20 is a tad much for such an old title.

This next one put a wrench in my plans... walmart has an exclusive for Spooky Buddies and also Bridesmaids, though the latter seems to be a fake-ray only release. Dumbo will be easy to get all of the exclusives, though now with having to purchase Spooky at other stores, I'll be losing the $8 combo deal.


As always, pics.





I want this!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:31 AM   #17611
Tompa Tompa is offline
Expert Member
 
Tompa's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Sweden (The Land of the Ice And Snow)
8
1725
10
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
On the BD front, the Breakfast at Tiffany's slip is just stunning. I'd buy it at $15 or less, $20 is a tad much for such an old title.

[Show spoiler]
I think that's the wrong approach. A movie like "Breakfast..." will sell in a lot less volume then a newer movie and if everybody waits for them to get really cheap the movie studios won't see the point spending money on restoring and releasing classics.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #17612
lkmg lkmg is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
lkmg's Avatar
 
Oct 2010
172
6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenofstone10 View Post
Anyone have a slipcover for Alien (first one) that was released in May. I just ordered all four of them, and Aliens Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection all have a slipcover but not Alien. Please help!!!
Try PM jdpitaco, nice person, quick response. I think he is still selling it for $7.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #17613
Andrewtst Andrewtst is offline
Special Member
 
Andrewtst's Avatar
 
Nov 2010
Johor, Malaysia
152
450
5
155
40
1
Send a message via ICQ to Andrewtst Send a message via MSN to Andrewtst Send a message via Yahoo to Andrewtst Send a message via Skype™ to Andrewtst
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
I think that's the wrong approach. A movie like "Breakfast..." will sell in a lot less volume then a newer movie and if everybody waits for them to get really cheap the movie studios won't see the point spending money on restoring and releasing classics.
Agree! remastered ain't cheap.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #17614
chantm chantm is offline
Power Member
 
Aug 2008
11
80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
I got you bud, and ok cool is Target getting anything for Spooky Buddies? I know they are getting the book for Dumbo but haven't heard anything about SB.
What book is it for Dumbo? ive only read about one exclusive- the plush at Best Buy(which is also avail on DMR)
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #17615
rafaelsalguero rafaelsalguero is offline
Special Member
 
rafaelsalguero's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
Mexico
1
9
1356
3
12
Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
Try PM jdpitaco, nice person, quick response. I think he is still selling it for $7.
yeah JDPitaco it's an amazing seller
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 AM   #17616
Dubliner1 Dubliner1 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dubliner1's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Spain
11
132
341
7
1
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Spooky is a BD. Bridesmaids is a fake-ray.

And thank you for the heads up on Ben Hur! It's $60 in the ad next week, I'll definitely check it out.

Whats a 'fake-ray'...a bluray in a dvd case..??
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #17617
NickMate NickMate is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NickMate's Avatar
 
May 2010
Beyond the horizon
16
963
22
11
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubliner1 View Post
Whats a 'fake-ray'...a bluray in a dvd case..??
essentially yes. A fake ray is basically the same as a BLU-RAY + DVD combo only its the DVD version with an added BLU-RAY kept in DVD sized cases. i see no point to them other than in the Disney titles. With people having large Disney DVD collections upgrading to BLU-RAY would look odd on the shelf, so having the DVD case makes it look great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #17618
Dubliner1 Dubliner1 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dubliner1's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Spain
11
132
341
7
1
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmate View Post
essentially yes. A fake ray is basically the same as a BLU-RAY + DVD combo only its the DVD version with an added BLU-RAY kept in DVD sized cases. i see no point to them other than in the Disney titles. With people having large Disney DVD collections upgrading to BLU-RAY would look odd on the shelf, so having the DVD case makes it look great.
thanks for the detailed info...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #17619
NickMate NickMate is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
NickMate's Avatar
 
May 2010
Beyond the horizon
16
963
22
11
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubliner1 View Post
thanks for the detailed info...
haha no problem. when i type...i type alot. i basically spill my brain when it comes to this stuff. ill stop now so you dont have to read an essay...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #17620
G:Box G:Box is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
G:Box's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
5
334
Default

All this talk about spooky buddies is making me
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Tags
slipcovers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:32 AM.