Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99
5 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 day ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 day ago
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
1 day ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
1 day ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
23 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
1 day ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
18 hrs ago
Eyes of a Stranger (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #18401
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Backed up: 53.57 TBs

Found the Blu-ray Essentials slip of Legion today at Wal-Mart. Now I am just looking for Men in Black and I will complete the collection.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #18402
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Eh, I do want that red slip and soundtrack though. target has always included their exclusives with all versions of a release. I hope this holds true for Lion King.
I knew you wanted the red slip + soundtrack. I was just talking about the special features, being the same for both combo packs.

Other than a couple of movies. The 2D and 3D combo packs have the same amount of features. I did not know if you already knew that or not.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:25 PM   #18403
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DForLife View Post
I knew you wanted the red slip + soundtrack. I was just talking about the special features, being the same for both combo packs.

Other than a couple of movies. The 2D and 3D combo packs have the same amount of features. I did not know if you already knew that or not.

Thank you. I do know.

When A Christmas Carol came out, I really fought myself on what to buy. It was the first time I ever debated on buying a lesser version, especially when knowing the 3D edition has more features. In the end, my disgust for 3D BD outweighed my desire of owning the biggest/baddest sets.

I had to do the same for Tron, and I absolutely loved the movie. I watched it in IMAX 3D and about seven times in my own home theater, demo'ing it to many people.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #18404
Special Member

Oct 2006
Ashley, Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
Look what happen to The Untouchables and There Will Be Blood. Both were released in 2008 with gold slips. Then, two years later they were re-released.
I think we need to hold those early Paramount and Lionsgate slips to a slightly different standard that the ones being produced and released today, and here's why. Production numbers. Blu-ray was new in 2006-2007 and Paramount and LG just didn't do large printings with slips. That's why no one can find these slips anymore. They just didn't make many of them. If they want to do another slip printing of gold 06-07 titles and offer them to collectors, I guess I'd be fine with that. I just don't want to see the industry move towards reprinting everything that is already available in fair enough quantity.

Now, most studio BDs from 2008 and on pop up all the time in stores, you just have to go looking for them. I'm still seeing Iron Man 1 and Transformers in the stores and those are popular titles!

Paramount has historically shown very little interest in releasing catalog titles, and I personally would rather see them release a cult film like 'Clue' before using their limited release schedule for another Dreamgirls or There Will Be Blood, just for the sake of releasing a gold slipcover. Without the gold slip, Dreamgirls is not difficult to find at all. I was looking at a ton of them in Best Buy yesterday.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:28 PM   #18405
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

What do you guys think between the Transformers: Dark of the Moon normal slipcover and Best Buy Exclusive?
Old 09-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #18406
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpBlast View Post
That is weird since it is OOP. It must be just your location since I live in a major metro area and have many BB and B&N and have only ever found one myself.
It's the Boston area, and the ones I'm seeing weren't there before (just the standard cardboard slip) and all showed up around the same time. No idea where they're coming from though. The South Park movie did that too a bit back, slipless for a while, then slips everywhere.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #18407
Special Member

Oct 2006
Ashley, Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28BlusLater View Post
What do you guys think between the Transformers: Dark of the Moon normal slipcover and Best Buy Exclusive?
BOTH!!!

If you're solely a collector I'd get the Best Buy one IMO. It'll probably disappear first.

If not, get the one you like best.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #18408
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Spain

Quote:
Uhoh... queue the freak-out in 3...2...1...

OMG off topic non slip post, where are the mods now?!?! Where's al complaints?!?!

Seriously, I'm still angered from a few members complaints from a few weeks back. OT posts are what makes this thread alive and moving. If it was slips only, it would be bland.

And now /rant...

I just realized this today, and perhaps I'm late to the party, though the target exclusive of Lion King is going to have an exclusive red slip. Unfortunately it seems to be only for the junk 3D BD release.
I don't understand your comment...?...I'd have sent the photos to the member requesting them if I knew how to attach to a private message, which I don't...they are also UK slips, yes, I know, and this is the US slip thread...hence I do not show full pictures to avoid taking up a whole page.
And several members are interested in the UK set rather than the $44 US box so they might be interested too..
...but anyway...didn't mean to offend anyone on here at all fellas
Old 09-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #18409
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009

seeing the pictures of the uk set of ben hur was something i have wanted to see for a while, so i am happy you posted them
Old 09-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #18410
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubliner1 View Post
I don't understand your comment...?...I'd have sent the photos to the member requesting them if I knew how to attach to a private message, which I don't...they are also UK slips, yes, I know, and this is the US slip thread...hence I do not show full pictures to avoid taking up a whole page.
And several members are interested in the UK set rather than the $44 US box so they might be interested too..
...but anyway...didn't mean to offend anyone on here at all fellas

Oh I promise you I'm not bothered at all. I welcome your photos and am appreciative that you did them for us.

I was merely using it as an example my friend.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #18411
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGBox View Post
Thanks Dub! I shall be going the UK route for my Ben-Hur, US box is just the kind of set I stay away from
The US box is gorgeous but just too big for my shelf, and if you think about it, you are paying an extra $20 for the diary, book and fancier digipack packaging (which is awesome, I'll admit)...
but with the money I saved I got the epic UK 'Thor' Steelbook...
Winning!!!!!

Last edited by Dubliner1; 09-26-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #18412
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Spain

Quote:
Oh I promise you I'm not bothered at all. I welcome your photos and am appreciative that you did them for us.

I was merely using it as an example my friend.
I totally understand bud...no worries...even tho people may make comments about off-topic issues on here (I know I probably have too )...I think it's ok to mix it up a bit when the thread is slow and not much news...just my 2 cents
Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #18413
Special Member

Oct 2006
Ashley, Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeza View Post
It's the Boston area, and the ones I'm seeing weren't there before (just the standard cardboard slip) and all showed up around the same time. No idea where they're coming from though. The South Park movie did that too a bit back, slipless for a while, then slips everywhere.
South park was either reprinted or sitting in a warehouse somewhere and sent back to stores. Its popped up everywhere I've been since last Christmas.

The best time to look for older slips is when the stores restock after Black Friday and again in early January. They usually send warehouse stock to the stores and that's how you tend to get slips that are a little older.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:59 PM   #18414
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
US of A

Quote:
ok hope these work...Part I...
Quote:
Ben Hur...Part II...
Thanks! Mine's dispatching soon and hopefully there will be no issues with the Royal Mail...
Old 09-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #18415
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef al View Post
I would like to know as well. The last title to be in the Sapphire Series was American Beauty. That was a year ago.
mmm, now that I think about it, the issues they had with 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Gladiator' and to a lesser extent, 'American Beauty', I think tarnished the name of the 'Sapphire Series'...I expect them to come back with another premier series just with a different name, sometime in the future.

Last edited by Dubliner1; 09-24-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #18416
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
mmm, now that I think about it, the isses they had with 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Gladiator' and to a lesser extent, 'American Beauty', I think tarnished the name of the 'Sapphire Series'...I expect them to come back with another premier series just with a different name, sometime in the future.

I was thinking the same. Most of that series flopped as far as A/V was concerned.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:09 PM   #18417
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGBox View Post
Thanks Dub! I shall be going the UK route for my Ben-Hur, US box is just the kind of set I stay away from
...stay tuned after the very end of the movie...what looks like an Indian Censor's Film Board approval card appears on screen- very, very cool indeed...
Probably bluray of the year.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #18418
Expert Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackriderx View Post
I think we need to hold those early Paramount and Lionsgate slips to a slightly different standard that the ones being produced and released today, and here's why. Production numbers. Blu-ray was new in 2006-2007 and Paramount and LG just didn't do large printings with slips. That's why no one can find these slips anymore. They just didn't make many of them. If they want to do another slip printing of gold 06-07 titles and offer them to collectors, I guess I'd be fine with that. I just don't want to see the industry move towards reprinting everything that is already available in fair enough quantity.

Now, most studio BDs from 2008 and on pop up all the time in stores, you just have to go looking for them. I'm still seeing Iron Man 1 and Transformers in the stores and those are popular titles!
Good point, and in consideration of that, I must have one of the rarest slips in Daddy's Little Girls, probably even more rare than Crank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackriderx View Post
Paramount has historically shown very little interest in releasing catalog titles, and I personally would rather see them release a cult film like 'Clue' before using their limited release schedule for another Dreamgirls or There Will Be Blood, just for the sake of releasing a gold slipcover. Without the gold slip, Dreamgirls is not difficult to find at all. I was looking at a ton of them in Best Buy yesterday.
Easy for you to say, you HAVE the Dreamgirls with gold slip.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #18419
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2010

Quote:
al, some are already on that list with me. It's been apparent to me that some members like to complain solely about me, even when someone else posts can be OT. That's what the lovely ignore list is for and I've been using it more often lately.
I hope I'm jot on the ignore list. I don't know why I would be, but I set you an important PM about three or four days ago and have not received a reply...
Old 09-24-2011, 06:12 PM   #18420
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicman494 View Post
I hope I'm jot on the ignore list. I don't know why I would be, but I set you an important PM about three or four days ago and have not received a reply...

You are not my friend. Right now my inbox has 922 PMs... I have some catching up to do.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Tags
slipcovers