Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$41.24
16 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
19 hrs ago
Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99
21 hrs ago
Baise-moi (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Saving Silverman (Blu-ray)
$13.29
17 hrs ago
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
20 hrs ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99
15 hrs ago
Smile (Blu-ray)
$23.49
20 hrs ago
Wildcats (Blu-ray)
$19.99
9 hrs ago
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Evita (Blu-ray)
$8.99
4 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #19361
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantm View Post
Nick, you should get the US version from Amazon. the slip is similar and it doesnt have that huge rating logo spoiling the artwork.
I thought that, but then I have to rebuy and sell my one. And besides, I'm trying to get all Australian slipcovers. Wich is weird because I bought top gun release day and never heard or saw a slipcover.! I'm waiting for him to answer....
Old 09-29-2011, 06:24 AM   #19362
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2007
Nicosia, CY (EU)

Do we know if the Tree of Life is region locked?
That's a very nice slipcover..
Old 09-29-2011, 06:45 AM   #19363
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
Do we know if the Tree of Life is region locked?
That's a very nice slipcover..
Back says A and I'd assume that's correct as different studios are releasing it in other countries aside from the UK so who knows
Old 09-29-2011, 07:01 AM   #19364
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonite1970 View Post
Here we go again. Are you gonna get a slipcover just because it's "rare"? So you're gonna sell it and make a profit? Why not buy a slipcover because it's nice and because you admire it.

I do often though only if I have an interest in the movie at least somewhat. As a collector I want rare pieces I can appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
Shin, your the only one with deep enough pockets to get those lol.

You and a few others I won't name. Not a insult or anything I'm just saying. I would get them if I had the money though.

Well it really isn't about having cheddar. If you don't care about 3D, why not just go to walmart and get these instead of Best Buy or target?

And telling something they have deep pockets is never insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicman494 View Post
Making sure all are on the Exclusives thread as well!

Thank you. That thread seems to die out often and gets forgotten about. I meant to post this there as well though I forgot.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #19365
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubliner1 View Post
My guess is any bluray exclusives are only 'collectors pieces' as long as bluray is around...several 4K projectors and displays were recently announced and we already have greater than 1080p displays here in Europe...

To be a collectors piece is something that is extremely limited, generally not available to the public, and worth much more than its cost on the black market.

The US WBshop Inception briefcase and Toy Story 3 Studio Commemorative Edition have met those requirements for me and are the only two pieces in my collection that remain sealed.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #19366
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoz View Post
hahaha to many sets and too big lol. I don't have the space for that many.

Eh, well I display this different. Generally the BD goes on my shelf in my home theater space and the larger box with trinkets goes in my 'collectors area' with my countless other promos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGBox View Post
+10000000000000

Shin will have to rent out a storage unit for all these exclusives
I have enough places to store my toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubliner1 View Post
+1
If I was 12 yrs old I might be excited by those

Hey now, I'm pushing 30 and love trinkets like these.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #19367
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeong1381 View Post
Is there anyone who is gonna make The Lion King 1 1/2 and The Lion King 2 covers? I am getting the trilogy set and would love to have them in normal cases.
If you're talking about cover art I would suggest the https://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mo...rt-thread.html
Old 09-29-2011, 07:08 AM   #19368
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Confirmed slip for the Anarchy Edition of RAGE being sold exclusively at GameStop with pre-order.

The title on the front is embossed
Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 AM   #19369
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercsOwnz View Post
Confirmed slip for the Anarchy Edition of RAGE being sold exclusively at GameStop with pre-order.
[Show spoiler]

The title on the front is embossed

Grr... GameStop exclusives, especially with slips, are extremely rare and generally for pre-orders only.

Unfortunately the game format is an utter joke... 3 discs on Xbox and a mandatory 8GB install for PS3.

I just saw a sign at walmart saying they have the Anarchy edition as well...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rage-w-Pre...x-360/17134149
Old 09-29-2011, 07:24 AM   #19370
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatnikslacker View Post
Planet Earth LE out 10.4
[Show spoiler]

Tree of Life Slipcover out 10.11
[Show spoiler]

no embossment on the front, the front art beneath the cover is the same as the slip, but the back art on the slip and case are slightly different.

[Show spoiler]
That globe is fantastic. Do you know the numbered run of these?

I'm glad to see the Tree of Life have some alternate artwork too. Too bad the front isn't unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelPen View Post
Thanks, it's BK! It took 5 WMs to find AB with a slip! Still can't believe it's $10! I've seen FB at BB in the $7.50 bin, but the slips was damaged! I don't mind spending a couple of more dollars for a mint slip! It was $19.26 OTD for both because I work for WM, so 10% discount! (Not at a store, but at one of the grocery DCs)

No haul for you today? I'll be going to BB tomorrow to look for Pirates 4 & Cars 2 metalcase!

Be careful with those cases as they aren't released until 10/2/11. Some stores have put them out early.

Pirates 4 seems to be the rarest pre-order case at 6 max per store. Cars 2 will be 10 max per store.

I picked up The Others yesterday and a few Cars 2 cases today. This was a slow week for everyone. I'd like Ben Hur but the Best Buy exclusive isn't limited at all so I can wait for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlaughterHighMe View Post
Can someone point me towards a list of walmart exclusives? Recently moved and there is one within 15 mins of me. Went there tonight, worst experience ever. People making out in the aisles, kids playing baseball in the store, etc. The blu ray section was about 25-30 movies total, and then random BR's throughout the DVD section, it was awful.

Anyway, enough ranting, here's my haul from today:

[Show spoiler]

And just for Shin:
[Show spoiler] Lenticular edition

That's walmart for ya. Don't expect anything better on any visit.

And the photos for me require FOOD! I know you're new to the thread, but haul photos need edible items in them!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:39 AM   #19371
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinseiRomeo View Post
Grr... GameStop exclusives, especially with slips, are extremely rare and generally for pre-orders only.

Unfortunately the game format is an utter joke... 3 discs on Xbox and a mandatory 8GB install for PS3.

I just saw a sign at walmart saying they have the Anarchy edition as well...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rage-w-Pre...x-360/17134149
Hm, I was under the impression it was GS exclusive. I guess not. I have it reserved at my store anyway so I'll be getting it. I did not however, reserve Dark Souls and that is also getting a free pre-order upgrade edition. Don't know if it will have a slip or not.

Oh and yeah the install thing and the 3-discs are pretty annoying. Though I do appreciate them not stuffing it all on one disc for the 360 so the game is incredibly compressed. I don't mind switching discs here and there so I am getting the 360 version. I don't have the space on my PS3 right now for 8GB's for a game...

Last edited by MercsOwnz; 09-29-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #19372
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Hm, I was under the impression it was GS exclusive. I guess not. I have it reserved at my store anyway so I'll be getting it. I did not however, reserve Dark Souls and that is also getting a free pre-order upgrade edition. Don't know if it will have a slip or not.

I've learned now that these 'free upgrade' tricks are just that... tricks and schemes to get you to reserve. What these actually are is the first few shipments come with the 'upgraded' version, then subsequent shipments are gimped/fake editions.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #19373
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
I've learned now that these 'free upgrade' tricks are just that... tricks and schemes to get you to reserve. What these actually are is the first few shipments come with the 'upgraded' version, then subsequent shipments are gimped/fake editions.
Are you under the impression I don't know what they are...? Because I do

They are just free upgrades with DLC that should already be on the disc. I don't like taking the chance that it might have some kind of collectable cover (not Dead Island's though, that cover is hideous...) like in this case, the slip for rage. Same with Red Dead Redemption. Glad I have that slip. I also have Assassin's Creed: Revelations pre-ordered which is also getting an 'upgrade' so I hope that has a slip as well.

But in know why are the versions coming out after the initial shipments gimped, because these upgrades are almost never actually on the disc. Just a piece of paper under the booklet.

Actually just looked it up. Games coming out so far that are going to have some free upgrade type of thing going on at GameStop (probably not all exclusive, like with RAGE):

RAGE
Dark Souls
Battlefield 3
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
Need for Speed: The Run
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Probably going to be more announced soon. These things are becoming popular.

Anyway, sorry for getting so off-topic.

Last edited by MercsOwnz; 09-29-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #19374
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Are you under the impression I don't know what they are...? Because I do

They are just free upgrades with DLC that should already be on the disc. I don't like taking the chance that it might have some kind of collectable cover (not Dead Island's though, that cover is hideous...) like in this case, the slip for rage. Same with Red Dead Redemption. Glad I have that slip. I also have Assassin's Creed: Revelations pre-ordered which is also getting an 'upgrade' so I hope that has a slip as well.

But in know why are the versions coming out after the initial shipments gimped, because these upgrades are almost never actually on the disc. Just a piece of paper under the booklet.

The RDR slip is the only one that I know of that is truly rare and only available for pre-orders. That's also the only PS3 game with slip I own.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #19375
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2010

Quote:
The RDR slip is the only one that I know of that is truly rare and only available for pre-orders. That's also the only PS3 game with slip I own.
Yeah I have RDR for 360 but they are the same slips. Also I updated my last post if you want to check it out.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #19376
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

How hard are the following to get with slip at your stores (asking all US guys)
-ferris bueller
-source code lenticular
-limitless
???
Thanks guys
Old 09-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #19377
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2010
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmate View Post
How hard are the following to get with slip at your stores (asking all US guys)
-ferris bueller
-source code lenticular
-limitless
???
Thanks guys

All are common besides Source Code. That can still be found in stores though.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:30 AM   #19378
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Quote:
All are common besides Source Code. That can still be found in stores though.
Thanx mate. Source Code isnt a major want but i love the film and love Lenticular slips sooo...just got to find someone to import it. damn exclusives
Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #19379
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtosayx View Post
Thanks for sharing. I love the cover art for the new Futurama seasons, would like to see them re-release the older seasons with matching art.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #19380
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Beyond the horizon

Decided to get this today for the sake of it. Was going to be a haul today but nothing in shops or mail. Damn Amazon

56.jpg
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers

Tags
slipcovers