Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
11 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.65
9 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.65
1 day ago
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.54
1 day ago
Ahiru no Sora (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 03-30-2011, 11:52 PM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeMan45 View Post
Boring? You're killing me Smalls, I am a big Titus fan, lol.
Well, my opinion was swayed by the last routine I saw: "Love is Evol". It had its moments, but I can sense the restraint in his delivery. You can almost sense the anger in his voice, but part of him is holding back pure emotion. I guess I prefer my comedians to be a bit more forthright with how they feel.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:03 AM   #22
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
Well, my opinion was swayed by the last routine I saw: "Love is Evol". It had its moments, but I can sense the restraint in his delivery. You can almost sense the anger in his voice, but part of him is holding back pure emotion. I guess I prefer my comedians to be a bit more forthright with how they feel.
Than apparently you never saw Norman Rockwell is Bleeding or his tv show. He's the only comedian who uses the stage like actual therapy telling real stories, most comedians like Carlos Mencia or Dane Cook are pure frauds who wouldn't know what truth was if it smacked em in the face. So I'll take Titus and his honesty while discussing some really horrible moments in his life that he is some how able to make funny. If Titus let anymore go of his emotions he'd be screaming like Sam Kinison on a regular basis.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:36 AM   #23
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Hell yeah, another great addition!

Hector Elizondo Joins the Cast
Quote:
Veteran Hector Elizondo has joined ABC's untitled Tim Allen comedy pilot. The multicamera project, from writer Jack Burditt, centers on Tim Fitzgerald (Allen) who, even though the world around him has declared the traditional male an “endangered species," is fighting for his manhood in a world that is being increasingly dominated by women. Elizondo, will play his boss at the Euclid Demolition Company who steps down from his post and makes Tim the president of the company.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:40 AM   #24
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

Quote:
Than apparently you never saw Norman Rockwell is Bleeding or his tv show. He's the only comedian who uses the stage like actual therapy telling real stories, most comedians like Carlos Mencia or Dane Cook are pure frauds who wouldn't know what truth was if it smacked em in the face. So I'll take Titus and his honesty while discussing some really horrible moments in his life that he is some how able to make funny. If Titus let anymore go of his emotions he'd be screaming like Sam Kinison on a regular basis.
I'll admit that I haven't seen "Norman Rockwell is Bleeding", but, I did watch his sitcom "Titus" when I was younger. Quite often actually. My memories of that show aren't as fondly remembered as other sitcoms during that period.

I don't think anyone hates Dane Cook more than I do; things are a bit trickier with Mencia though. I question the sincerity in his act, but there are bits of his stage performance that I do enjoy and find entertaining (not all, just some), so I'm a bit reluctant to dismiss him completely.

I'm not asking for a clone of Sam Kinison (someone I liked quite a bit more during my youth than perhaps now), but I just feel as if there are moments where everything emotionally should be laid out on the table. His tirades seem tempered, almost to the point of being muted. I'm not asking for something that's laced with expletives to get the point across; I just need to sense that bitterness that comes from being truly miserable. There's just a faint sense of resignation in his voice, as if he's made peace with that point in his life, and now he's comfortable in his role as a storyteller.

Wait a minute: I thought this thread was about Tim Allen?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:48 AM   #25
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePixel View Post
I'll admit that I haven't seen "Norman Rockwell is Bleeding", but, I did watch his sitcom "Titus" when I was younger. Quite often actually. My memories of that show aren't as fondly remembered as other sitcoms during that period.

I don't think anyone hates Dane Cook more than I do; things are a bit trickier with Mencia though. I question the sincerity in his act, but there are bits of his stage performance that I do enjoy and find entertaining (not all, just some), so I'm a bit reluctant to dismiss him completely.

I'm not asking for a clone of Sam Kinison (someone I liked quite a bit more during my youth than perhaps now), but I just feel as if there are moments where everything emotionally should be laid out on the table. His tirades seem tempered, almost to the point of being muted. I'm not asking for something that's laced with expletives to get the point across; I just need to sense that bitterness that comes from being truly miserable. There's just a faint sense of resignation in his voice, as if he's made peace with that point in his life, and now he's comfortable in his role as a storyteller.

Wait a minute: I thought this thread was about Tim Allen?
Well most of his tv show was based on his Rockwell special, I'd recommend it, that dude's life has been beyond tramatic, lol.

Menstealia on the other hand is a thief and a fraud. You want genuine honest comedians? He's a Honduran named Ned Holness and he claims to be a Mexican haha. You should check out Joe Rogan's youtube videos accusing Ned of being a thief and seeing the original acts he blatantly stole from. He is not respected in the comedian community at all and is very hated.

But as you mentioned, this is about Tim's new show.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:08 AM   #26
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Joe Rogan is a tool.

And while I don't care for Cook or Mencia, I can acknowledge that while I don't really find them funny, they are excellent PERFORMERS. They can make you laugh at things that aren't really that funny, just based on their performing the material.

Now if you flat out despise someone, no matter how good they are at performing, you're just going to sit there. Because you're invested in NOT laughing.

Sadly too many people refuse to acknowledge anything positive about those they don't like.

I don't like them, but they're good at what they do. They wouldn't be successful if they weren't. There's a LOT of dumbasses in this world, but not enough to make them successful if they're not talented.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #27
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groo The Perverted View Post
Joe Rogan is a tool.

And while I don't care for Cook or Mencia, I can acknowledge that while I don't really find them funny, they are excellent PERFORMERS. They can make you laugh at things that aren't really that funny, just based on their performing the material.

Now if you flat out despise someone, no matter how good they are at performing, you're just going to sit there. Because you're invested in NOT laughing.

Sadly too many people refuse to acknowledge anything positive about those they don't like.

I don't like them, but they're good at what they do. They wouldn't be successful if they weren't. There's a LOT of dumbasses in this world, but not enough to make them successful if they're not talented.
I like Rogan but I also have 5 years worth of his UFC announcing that I am exposed to him on a very regular basis, he's very out there and insane but unlike those douche bags discussed earlier, he's honest and his MMA knowledge makes him very legit and respected in the sport. His comedy can be a bit much at times, but he's made me laugh more than those two combined. NOW I'm done discussing those other guys any further cause this is after all a thread about a comic who doesn't suck coming back to tv.

Last edited by WyldeMan45; 03-31-2011 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:18 AM   #28
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2008

Quote:
I like Rogan but I also have 5 years worth of his UFC announcing that I am exposed to him on a very regular basis, he's very out there and insane but unlike those douche bags discussed earlier, he's honest and his MMA knowledge makes him very legit and respected in the sport. His comedy can be a bit much at times, but he's made me laugh more than those two combined. NOW I'm done discussing those other guys any further cause this is after all a thread about a comic who doesn't suck coming back to tv.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:19 AM   #29

Feb 2011
Jack's Sleep Deprived Body

Quote:
I grew up with Tim Allen and Home Improvement, he defined what it meant to be a man of the time. I am definitely looking forward to his return.
I'm a HUGE tim allen fan omg i watched HI like crazy i was 11 when the show started. I have all the DVD's and i'm always checking up on Tim on his website and his IMDB. I also check out the other actors from the show, not sure if you watched the TV land awards but it was sad not to see JTT there i guess the falling out they had was serious. I've watched the E! true Hollywood story like 5 times. I simply love HI, it's my favorite sitcom EVER. Even more then Seinfeld maybe it's the nostalgia... I'm excited to see him come back to tv. With that said i've never found any of his movies very good it's like he was great in HI and of course Toy Story. But his movies generally tend to suck. But if he does anything close to HI that would be very cool.

Last edited by NewOrder79; 03-31-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:13 AM   #30
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrder79 View Post
I'm a HUGE tim allen fan omg i watched HI like crazy i was 11 when the show started. I have all the DVD's and i'm always checking up on Tim on his website and his IMDB. I also check out the other actors from the show, not sure if you watched the TV land awards but it was sad not to see JTT there i guess the falling out they had was serious. I've watched the E! true Hollywood story like 5 times. I simply love HI, it's my favorite sitcom EVER. Even more then Seinfeld maybe it's the nostalgia... I'm excited to see him come back to tv. With that said i've never found any of his movies very good it's like he was great in HI and of course Toy Story. But his movies generally tend to suck. But if he does anything close to HI that would be very cool.
I haven't seen many of Tim's movies cause they never looked good, but I did enjoy his work in Redbelt, and my memory tells me I also liked Cleatus Tout but it's been some years. I haven't seen JTT since he did an episode of Veronica Mars like 4 years ago. It's funny how all those teen heart throbs of the 90's have disappeared into complete obscurity, but than again I guess that's pretty much always been the way of the teen heartthrob, with the exception of a few of John Hughes Brat Packers. I didn't know there was a Home Improvement falling out, but I've never seen any true hollywood stories. I just remembered loving the show as a kid, and have recently started watching the reruns again.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 PM   #31

Feb 2011
Jack's Sleep Deprived Body

From what i got from the E! Show and various websites is that JTT basicly left the show after his contract was up after the 7th season but Tim Allen wanted him back and didn't know why he would leave a top rated show. JTT said he wanted to focus on school and Tim understood yet JTT ended up never going to school and started doing movies. So basically he just left the show to do movies. And that pissed off Tim a lot because basically JTT left so he could focus on his own career and it hurt the shows MoJo considering besides Tim JTT was the biggest star on the show. Tim and JTT have really never been on speaking terms ever since and that was apparent when at the TV Land Awards the ENTIRE CAST was there minus JTT. 10 Years later... Sad because I've always been hoping for one of those reunion shows.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:36 PM   #32
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrder79 View Post
From what i got from the E! Show and various websites is that JTT basicly left the show after his contract was up after the 7th season but Tim Allen wanted him back and didn't know why he would leave a top rated show. JTT said he wanted to focus on school and Tim understood yet JTT ended up never going to school and started doing movies. So basically he just left the show to do movies. And that pissed off Tim a lot because basically JTT left so he could focus on his own career and it hurt the shows MoJo considering besides Tim JTT was the biggest star on the show. Tim and JTT have really never been on speaking terms ever since and that was apparent when at the TV Land Awards the ENTIRE CAST was there minus JTT. 10 Years later... Sad because I've always been hoping for one of those reunion shows.
Well I've seen some of Tim's movies and JTT's and at least Tim has the Toy Story franchise, JTT couldn't be more irrelevant today. Last I heard the youngest kid was married to a woman twice his age when he was 18 and I see Zachary Ty Bryan every once in awhile, but really nobody went on to any kind of a career after that show ended. I will have to check out that tv land thing.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2008

Oh, snap! It's Tim Taylor vs. Al Bundy, Round 2, 20 years later!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #34
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus Prime View Post
Oh, snap! It's Tim Taylor vs. Al Bundy, Round 2, 20 years later!
That would be amusing to see them put these shows on back to back.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #35
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2007
Iowa

Quote:
That would be amusing to see them put these shows on back to back.
If the show got picked up (which is likely) it would it would almost certainly be on before or after Modern Family as it fits into the family aspect the Wednesday night comedies revolve around.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:41 PM   #36
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Well this is good news from the pilot screenings.

Quote:
Over at ABC, the pilot shoot for Tim Allenís new sitcom went extraordinary well and is considered a slam dunk for fall (itís from 30 Rock scribe Jack Burditt).
Old 05-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #37
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

So it's been picked up, with the original name too.

Quote:
Comedy pick-ups include the Tim Allen-fronted Last Man Standing,
Old 05-17-2011, 06:00 PM   #38
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

Based on this short clip with him giving crap to the daughter, this could be hilarious.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:31 AM   #39
Banned

Oct 2008
Western Washington

The extended trailer looks awesome. It's about time a man's man calls people on their bull shit. His reaction to finding out his son was at the tanning salon was classic. His daughter losing her shit over her brother saying Glee was stupid was so pathetic, and yet so realistic. I noticed his youngest daughter is the same girl from this past season of Justified. I'm blanking on her name but it's the one Mags tried to make her own.

Extended trailer
Old 05-18-2011, 07:02 AM   #40
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Trailer looked good and I loved the clip so will be watching this Fall.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows