Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
16 hrs ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37
1 day ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.69

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.19
19 hrs ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 07-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #1
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California
Default The CW's "The Flash" (Season 6)

Quote:
CW Eyes ‘Flash’ Series With ‘Arrow’s Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg & David Nutter

EXCLUSIVE: Another DC Comics male superhero is looking to join the CW’s lineup. I’ve learned that the network is fast tracking Flash, a drama project based on the DC character from the Arrow team of co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter. The CW is expected to discuss the project at today’s TCA presentation. I hear there is an idea is to introduce The Flash on Arrow next season before spinning it off into its own series. I hear Flash will be written by Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns who also has written for Arrow. Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, will direct the potential pilot, while Berlanti and Kreisberg are expected to run the potential series. Marc Guggenheim, who developed and executive produces Arrow with Berlanti and Kreisberg, is not involved in Flash as he busy with Arrow, now heading into its second season.

Expanding DC’s footprint on the CW has been a priority for the network and DC sibling Warner Bros. TV, especially following the departure of the long-running Smallville and in light of the recent success of Arrow, one of few breakout hits last season. This past development season, the CW developed a Wonder Woman origins project, which didn’t go to pilot. The network in May commissioned a new script with a new writer which has been delivered, but I hear the network has hit the pause button on the project. Flash is certain to get a priority given its A-list auspices. Arrow is one of the CW’s top series, along with The Vampire Diaries and veteran Supernatural, all three of which are being used to spawn new series. The network used The Vampire Diaries last season to spin off The Originals, while Supernatural‘s upcoming ninth season also will feature a planted spinoff episode.

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert, The Flash is a name shared by several comic book superheroes from the DC universe. All incarnations possess “super-speed” or an ability to run and move extremely fast and use superhuman reflexes. The second Flash alter ego, Barry Allen, headlined the 1990 CBS live-action series The Flash starring John Wesley Shipp. Incarnations of The Flash character also have appeared in the Young Justice animated series. Berlanti and Johns are XWarner Bros. several years ago. In addition to Arrow, Berlanti has new CW series The Tomorrow People.
Source
Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
Michael Bay's #1 Fan

Aug 2008
Wisconsin PSNetwork: Blu-Benny

would this change plans for the possible movie being developed??
Old 07-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2010
Burbank, California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-Benny View Post
would this change plans for the possible movie being developed??
Possibly. I think WB would be smarter to build a few of their characters, such as Green Arrow, and as we see now Flash, on TV, and then tie it into their expanding film universe. It would be the best way possible to get to flesh out characters, without having to make movies for all of them. I know it probably won't end up going that way, but it would be great to DC go the Marvel route like they are with 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
Old 07-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

This news makes me very happy. Hope it gets similar treatment like Arrow. Flash was the first superhero I liked.

I wonder where this news puts the Amazon show? Although I hope it still gets picked up, I don't see CW/WB doing 3 DC character shows...but I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by doctorD; 07-30-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY

Wonder who'll be cast to play Flash, any suggestions?
Old 07-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD-Blu View Post
Wonder who'll be cast to play Flash, any suggestions?
Probably someone that is young and fairly new is my guess...and Canadian.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
Special Member

Jan 2011
La Palma, CA

Stephen Amell was a great find to play Oliver Queen. Hopefully they can have good luck finding Barry Allen.

Since Allen is being introduced in an episode of Arrow, they have to cast him relatively soon.

Yeah my guess is mid-late 20's, relatively unknown and probably Canadian.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #8

Apr 2012
Default The Flash (Arrow Spin-Off)

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/cw-e...-david-nutter/

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/tca-...cws-the-flash/

Quote:
The Flash will appear in three episodes of the CW‘s Arrow this coming season before headlining his own spinoff series. The information was shared this afternoon by the three writers – Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and series scribe Geoff Johns — behind the Flash project. an origin story of Flash’s Barry Allen identity. The episodes, No. 8, No. 9 and No. 20, will be penned by the trio, with David Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, committed to directing Episode 20.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:51 AM   #9
Special Member

Jan 2011
La Palma, CA

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=225031

Already a thread that was made this morning. It's still on page 1.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:53 AM   #10
Special Member

Jan 2011
La Palma, CA

http://www.deadline.com/2013/07/tca-...cws-the-flash/

Flash will appear in 3 episodes of Arrow this season. 8, 9, and 20. David Nutter will be directing episode 20.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:21 AM   #11
Special Member

Feb 2010

Very happy with this development. I'm thinking maybe WB is using TV to develop and introduce more DC characters leading to a movie launch. Also anyone knows the Wonder Woman series?
Old 07-31-2013, 04:28 AM   #12
Special Member

Jan 2011
La Palma, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii sun View Post
Very happy with this development. I'm thinking maybe WB is using TV to develop and introduce more DC characters leading to a movie launch. Also anyone knows the Wonder Woman series?
Prospective Wonder Woman series is on hold.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:40 AM   #13
Special Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by djariya View Post
Prospective Wonder Woman series is on hold.
Thanks.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007

Good news....I would love to see more DC characters on the small screen.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorD View Post
I wonder where this news puts the Amazon show? Although I hope it still gets picked up, I don't see CW/WB doing 3 DC character shows...but I hope I'm wrong.
It looks like Amazon is on hold again. Colliders interview with CW network president Mark Pedowitz:

Quote:
In May, you said that you were still developing the Wonder Woman origin story, Amazon. Does The Flash put that on hold, or is Amazon still a potential series for the network?

PEDOWITZ: Amazon is on pause right now. The script isn’t quite where we want it. It’s an iconic DC character, and we are not going to put it on unless it works. And now, having the DC universe expand, with the origins of Black Canary coming on this year, as well as potential origins of The Flash, it’s better to wait and get it right.
Collider Interview
Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #16
Special Member

Jan 2010

Awesome news
Old 08-09-2013, 03:29 AM   #17

May 2007

Tell me they're not seriously planning another "Flash" series...

Did they forget how swimmingly that DIDN'T work out the last time?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #18
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Considering he's getting a film in 3 years I'm surprised they're giving him a series too, maybe they want the series to lead into the film.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdukat View Post
Tell me they're not seriously planning another "Flash" series...

Did they forget how swimmingly that DIDN'T work out the last time?
The main reason it didn't work last time?

Schedule.

That show was never on the same time each week... it was pre-empted and moved around... It was also a fairly expensive show too.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
The main reason it didn't work last time?

Schedule.

That show was never on the same time each week... it was pre-empted and moved around... It was also a fairly expensive show too.
The first part is not true. The show wasn't pre-empted any more than any other show was. And it was consistently scheduled on Thursday nights from its debut in Sep 1990 through Feb 1991. After that, it was moved to Saturday night (remember that back then, Saturday was a regular TV night, not a dumping ground for reruns and burn-offs like it is now), and stayed there for the rest of the season.

The second part of your comment was true. The show was actually fairly popular, probably popular enough to get a renewal if it wasn't for the fact that the CGI made it one of the most expensive shows on the air at the time. It wasn't popular enough.

It's biggest problem, ratings-wise was that it was originally scheduled against The Cosby Show and The Simpsons. It was fairly quickly moved from 8:00 to 8:30 so that it wouldn't be killed by those two shows.

There's also the point that it just wasn't that good a show. Not that it was bad, exactly, but not especially good, either. On the other hand, the female lead was Amanda Pays, for good sakes, so who the hell cared how good it was?

At any rate, that was 20+ years ago. There's absolutely no reason not to try another series now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows