Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
2 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.65
56 min ago
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.54
1 day ago
Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

V: The Final Battle (Blu-ray)
$17.20

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.65
16 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 09-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #41

Apr 2012

The network's median age is indeed 42.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_webb18 View Post
How much older are you talking? The CW target age is much smaller than most networks.
Before I answer your first question...

Regardless of the network's target demographic, they had to cast men and women old enough to be the main "heartthrob" actors' parents, right?

And I kinda like Ollie's mom on the show... but I digress.

In the comics Barry Allen and Oliver Queen are essentially peers... but this show has skewed younger for Ollie... but that causes a problem with Barry Allen.

For him to be a credible forensic scientist/investigator he has to be post-graduate and probably needs a few years of police experience to fill the role.

In traditional DC lore, Superman is considered to be almost perpetually 35 years old or so... I would say Barry should be about that age as well.

Bart Allen started as a young teenager as did Wally West... so there's lots of leeway there if they wanted to do those versions of the Flash and fit their "hire young" casting target.

I don't know his actual age, but this actor appears to be younger than the guy playing Ollie... so I think it might be a little odd is all. It might work, for people less familiar with the comics, so I'm waiting to see how they do it before I nag too much.
Old 09-15-2013, 04:31 AM   #43

Apr 2012

The TV Guide article says that he's an assistant forensic scientist. It's not that far-fetched if it's a college internship or such.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazystoner View Post
The TV Guide article says that he's an assistant forensic scientist. It's not that far-fetched if it's a college internship or such.
That's basically what I've been dancing around... they appear to be making Barry Allen younger than the traditional Barry Allen.

It might work, the show has worked so far... but I kind of wish they were going with an older Barry Allen.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #45
Power Member

Aug 2009

They should have Tom Welling do a fun little cameo.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensuitcase View Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #47
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensuitcase View Post
Or John Wesley Shipp.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #48

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
Or John Wesley Shipp.
As Jay Garrick!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #49
Banned

Aug 2011

The catty gay from Glee is going to be Flash? I'm interested.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #50

Apr 2012

Grant Gustin talks about being Flash:

http://www.eonline.com/news/461361/t...to-time-travel

I'm still not sure about his look, but he certainly has the right attitude. Also, he pretty much confirms that he'll be wearing the traditional Flash costume!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #51

Apr 2012

Grant Gustin talks about the casting process he went through:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/138724_Gr...lash/index.htm

I don't know whether it's his jawline or hair, but he looks a lot older in that video than any picture I've seen in him so far. He looks almost around Stephen Amell's age.

Also, filming for his first appearence on Arrow starts in a week!
Old 09-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #52
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada
Send a message via AIM to Forever Knight Send a message via MSN to Forever Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Forever Knight

The only FLASH stuff I know is from Justice League's New 52. So is Barry Allen a cop or news reporter?
Old 09-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Knight View Post
The only FLASH stuff I know is from Justice League's New 52. So is Barry Allen a cop or news reporter?
Well, originally, he was a scientist working at a police lab. Whether they've changed that, I couldn't say. I haven't been reading comics for about the last 10 years.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #54
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Barry has always been a forensic scientist (though that term didn't really exist when he first appeared) working for the police. It was the forensic chemicals he used in his police lab, combined with the lightning and his personal genetic make-up, that made him the fastest man alive. Incidentally, Wally has the exact same origin for his powers.

Last edited by Clark Kent; 09-25-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Kent View Post
Barry has always been a forensic scientist (though that term didn't really exist when he first appeared) working for the police. It was the forensic chemicals he used in his police lab, combined with the lightning and his personal genetic make-up, that made him the fastest man alive. Incidentally, Wally has the exact same origin for his powers.
Interesting. I'm gonna have to pick up the new 52 Flash, I really enjoy him in JL.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #56

Apr 2012

After seeing cuts of Grant Gustin in Arrow episodes 8 and 9, CW executives were pleased enough to decide that The Flash needed a traditional pilot instead of the planned backdoor pilot in Arrow.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/11/cws-...pilot-episode/
Old 11-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #57
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

Quote:
After seeing cuts of Grant Gustin in Arrow episodes 8 and 9, CW executives were pleased enough to decide that The Flash needed a traditional pilot instead of the planned backdoor pilot in Arrow.

Arrow is going so well right now I don't think the CW wanted to mess with its current mojo. They've really de-aged this version of the Flash and every new show on the CW has to prove its worth outside their target 16-24 female demo. I have some reservations about Gustin's casting but the show should get several attempts to prove itself.

Last edited by Clark Kent; 11-19-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #58
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2011
Toronto, Canada

I want Reverse-Flash!!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:

If you read between the lines it means we like it enough to throw some real money at it. Which means more/better CGI!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:06 AM   #60

Apr 2012

Update time? Update time!

Casting is underway for two characters; Iris and Detective West.

Character descriptions:
[Show spoiler]IRIS - 22-28 - African-American - As smart as she is beautiful, Iris is in grad school studying psychology. She's also Barry's mile a minute, fast-talking, quick-witted best friend. Her father, Detective West, took in Barry when his mother was murdered, and his father was wrongly accused and imprisoned for her murder. In a tough childhood for Barry, she was the one "not tough" thing. She's unaware of Barry's strong feelings for her.

DETECTIVE WEST - Late 40s to Early 50s - African American -Detective West is an honest, blue-collar cop who's seen it all. A soulful, funny caring father to Iris, and a surrogate father to Barry, West came up through the foster system himself. He took in Barry after his mother's murder and his father's imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports Barry's efforts to prove his father's innocence.

Casting for Iris is said to down to two actresses, Christine Shepherd and Tessa Thompson. Reports are that Ernie Hudson is in talks for the role of Detective West.

Also joining the show will be DC superhero Vibe, aka Cisco Ramon. http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...---report.html

Last but not least, something juicy. In the pilot, there's a character named Detective Eddie Thawne. Sounds an awful lot like Eobard Thawne, aka Professor Zoom or Reverse Flash. Here's his description:
[Show spoiler] "leading man handsome" (late 20s-early/mid 30s) and has recently transferred to Central City Police Department from Keystone. Thawne is set to be loved within the precinct and takes the credit for a lot of things that Barry can't. However, the most intriguing part about this character is that his past will be a complete mystery. No one knows where he comes from, and he harbors a dark secret.
http://www.bludhavenbanter.com/2013/...s-Regular.html
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows