Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$87.25
5 hrs ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96

To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle - Part One (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
11 hrs ago
Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 09-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #21
Power Member

Dec 2009

I'd like it to be set in a more urban environment. NYC, LA, SF, Chicago, etc... I would love to see it in comparison to the rural parts of Georgia.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #22

Dec 2009
Harlan, KY

AMC is really trying to get every last ounce out of their properties (I understand that it makes good business sense, but it comes off as lazy). This spinoff doesn't sound very interesting to be honest. It sounds like The Walking Dead set in a different location with different characters. First a Saul Goodman spinoff and now this. What's next, a Mad Men spinoff? I knew AMC's streak would end at some point, but they seem so desperate right now. Low Winter Sun's ratings have gone down drastically every week since it premiered. The Killing just got canceled for a second time (while not great, I thought it was entertaining). Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and The Walking Dead are the only shows keeping them afloat right now. Once these shows end they are in trouble.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #23
Banned

Jun 2008

Yeah this is not needed. Wouldnt this just be the exact same as TWD ?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #24
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
Yeah this is not needed. Wouldnt this just be the exact same as TWD ?
Basically. Just different location and characters. Totally unnecessary in my opinion.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

The more I think about this the more it makes me sad that every year I have to hope and hope for Hell on Wheels to get renewed.
Old 09-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #26
Banned

Nov 2008
Plateau of Leng

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
The more I think about this the more it makes me sad that every year I have to hope and hope for Hell on Wheels to get renewed.
So much this.

They shift it around and expect more viewers. But they'll give TWD a second show that is basically TWD that will air MOST LIKELY the same night.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #27
Power Member

Jan 2009
Canada

The Walking Dead: The Next (yet still current) Generation
Old 09-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #28
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

This is what I thought they should have done form the beginning. (now I never read the comics, but if you want to change a lot of stuff just change everything and have the comics be Ricks team while the show is an other team of survivors.

But I am not certain if there really is a place for two shows that are roughly the same.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #29
Banned

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post

But I am not certain if there really is a place for two shows that are roughly the same.
Exactly i do not see the point in this show at all. When its basically the same as TWD
Old 09-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #30

Apr 2012

Since TWD doesn't seem to be interested on giving us the answers, the spin-off should focus on the origin of the virus and how the rest of the world is reacting to it.

Perhaps have it center around an international task force put together to exterminate all the walkers.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:10 AM   #31
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazystoner View Post
Since TWD doesn't seem to be interested on giving us the answers, the spin-off should focus on the origin of the virus and how the rest of the world is reacting to it.

Perhaps have it center around an international task force put together to exterminate all the walkers.
If Kirkman is still involved with it, that will never happen.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #32
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazystoner View Post

I don't think we will ever get an origin for the virus, that is bad, it is like asking someone to explain the force, if they do you will only be disappointed.

As for the task force (and a more generic origin story). That is the issue with Zombies, one of them is not a threat and can easily be taken out, so can 5 or 10.... you need "the world" to go to hell fast or the zombies will be destroyed before becoming an issue. Also Rick was in a coma for a few weeks and when he awoke the world was already in a complete mess, so it go to hell in no time flat. I am not sure any one would have really had the time to set-up an international task force in the few days that went by from "oh, zombies are real" to "let's all get together and get something going".
Old 09-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #33

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

I wouldn't mind it having various seasons of different characters.

For example, Season 1 can be Merle and Daryl pre-apocalypse / meeting with Rick. Season 2 can be The Governor starting Woodbury. So on and so on.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #34
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2012
Columbus, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by iScottie View Post
I wouldn't mind it having various seasons of different characters.

For example, Season 1 can be Merle and Daryl pre-apocalypse / meeting with Rick. Season 2 can be The Governor starting Woodbury. So on and so on.
I was never able to find any interest in the Governor for some reason. I sort of liked the idea of the group living in a barren wasteland without society.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #35

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visco. View Post
I was never able to find any interest in the Governor for some reason. I sort of liked the idea of the group living in a barren wasteland without society.
Agreed. Season 3 started good but as soon as the Governor was introduced it went down hill from there.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #36
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe View Post
Expect the spinoff to get new ideas and the main show to stick closer to the comic... and at some point one of the shows will be floundering.

I'm not convinced we need a spinoff from this, and certainly not a spinoff that airs while this show is still on.

At least the Breaking Bad spinoff is coming after that show goes off the air.
I agree. Two shows feeding off the same core story airing simultaneously sounds like a recipe for failure for one of them. Heck, they may even canibalize (no pun intended) each others audience to the point where they both fail.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:59 PM   #37
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahishere View Post
Here's an idea. Why doesn't AMC just scratch the spinoff idea and take the money they were going to use for that project and just put it into their flagship show The Walking Dead....

Bigger budgets, more freedom. One show to focus on.
That makes no sense from a business perspective. That would just be throwing money away without selling an additional product.

Last edited by SquidPuppet; 09-18-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:53 AM   #38
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by j128v897 View Post
Agreed. Season 3 started good but as soon as the Governor was introduced it went down hill from there.
I disagree with that I actually liked the governor parts. Also I am guessing he will be back next season (as an even more deranged person)
Old 09-19-2013, 05:40 AM   #39
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquidPuppet View Post
I agree. Two shows feeding off the same core story airing simultaneously sounds like a recipe for failure for one of them. Heck, they may even cannibalize (no pun intended) each others audience to the point where they both fail.
I would be surprised if they aired simultaneously.

The Walking Dead aired its last Season 3 episode on March 31st the Season 4 premier isn't until October 13th that's almost a 7 month span without it being on TV.

So I would say that the spin-off series would air during those months between seasons.

I really like the idea of the spin-off. They said it would involve completely new characters not seen before in the comics. Hopefully we get to see the months/weeks leading up to what ever happened (the weeks Rick slept through!) causing the outbreak/virus/whatever. They can set it in another part of the country or even in another country for that matter.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:25 AM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Western Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahishere View Post
Here's an idea. Why doesn't AMC just scratch the spinoff idea and take the money they were going to use for that project and just put it into their flagship show The Walking Dead....

Bigger budgets, more freedom. One show to focus on.
AMC's found themselves in a bind. Two of the channel's three flagship shows are ending, and to top it off, they're the two most critically acclaimed ones they have. The other programs they've had since then haven't exactly held people's interest (not speaking on the actual quality of those shows in question, I'll readily admit I haven't watched Low Winter Sun or Hell On Wheels).

Plus, AMC has developed a reputation for being a difficult channel to deal with, due to the number of times the showrunners have been booted off their shows (Walking Dead, Hell On Wheels and Rubicon all had to deal with it. Not to mention that the channel almost lost both Breaking Bad and Mad Men at times due to production and contract disputes. What this ultimately means is that it's become harder for them to attract newer, stronger shows that will pick up the slack once Breaking Bad and Mad Men are gone.

This desperation has really become clear this week, when they announced TWO spin-offs (for both Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, although at least in BB's case, Vince has been saying he'd like to do a Saul spinoff for a while now) and that they were splitting up Mad Men's last season into two parts just like they did with Breaking Bad.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows