Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96

To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.67

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 09-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #41
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSequatchie View Post
I would be surprised if they aired simultaneously.

The Walking Dead aired its last Season 3 episode on March 31st the Season 4 premier isn't until October 13th that's almost a 7 month span without it being on TV.

So I would say that the spin-off series would air during those months between seasons.

That would be wise for sure.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTRodaba2468 View Post
AMC's found themselves in a bind. Two of the channel's three flagship shows are ending, and to top it off, they're the two most critically acclaimed ones they have. The other programs they've had since then haven't exactly held people's interest (not speaking on the actual quality of those shows in question, I'll readily admit I haven't watched Low Winter Sun or Hell On Wheels).
You should really give Hell On Wheels a shot.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:36 PM   #43
Special Member

Mar 2011
NYC
USA

They should bring back the protagonist in the last web series Cold Storage.

Have him be the lead in the spinoff, dude was still alive at the end and escaped.

Played by that actor with the very sad eyes, he also was Bane's right hand guy in TDK:Rises.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #44
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Hmm...Not sure that this is needed, but I wait to reserve judgement to see how it plays out.
David Caruso in The Walking Dead: Miami.

"This walker.... (puts on sunglasses) ...is rotten to the core."

YYYEEEAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #45

Jan 2011
Michigan

Quote:
You should really give Hell On Wheels a shot.
Hell On wheels is under-rated and this season is probably the best so far of the 3. it's been great.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #46
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

AMC's The Walking Dead Companion Series to be a Prequel?

Quote:
AMC announced in September that the network was in the initial stages of developing a companion series to "The Walking Dead."

Now, TVLine is hearing that the new series "will be a prequel of sorts, one that would chronicle the early days of the epidemic and the effort to contain it.".

Creator Robert Kirkman previously told IGN that the new series would be set in a different location and would feature completely different people. "It definitely wonít be set in GeorgiaÖ Itís important to us that this show exists on its own. The spin-off has to be a show worthy of existing, or else we've all sold out."

Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are on board as executive producers, with AMC Studios set to produce. The companion series has a target on-air date of 2015. "The Walking Dead" is based on the comic book series created and written by Kirkman and published by Skybound, Kirkman's imprint at Image Comics.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=111456
Old 11-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

After hearing why George Romero declared he wasn't interested in The Walking Dead and after hearing about AMC's plans for this spinoff series, now I understand what Romero meant. TWD seems to feature more about the human survivors than about the Zombies and Romero made the comment that TWD should be about the Zombies, and not about the humans.

When I read that AMC's planned spinoff would deal with the human survivors outnumbering the zombies, Romero's reasoning was actually right. There have just been a glut of Zombie movies and television productions that don't cover too much about the Zombies. I always wondered why Romero loved using the Zombies to kill off every human in sight, while leaving behind one human survivor of the group.

Even such film series like Resident Evil suffers from this problem.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #48

Nov 2009

Why does Romero get to decide what The Walking Dead should be about? It's Robert Kirkman's baby. I love the direction of the comic and the show. Do we really need another "...of the Dead?" The last few have been pretty wack.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:57 PM   #49
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

George Romero made an excellent point. Zombie movies should be about zombies, not the human drama that encompasses 95% of the production. Romero has been making zombie movies since way before AMC was around and long before Robert Kirkman's comic.

It might be hard to swallow, but he actually makes some good valid points.

Here's actually what was printed in the article:

Romero offered his thoughts on the current zombie craze in a conversation with Big Issue via Geeks of Doom. As Romeroís idea of the zombie is still going strong nearly 50 years after Night of the Living Dead, the magazine asked whether the appeal of these monsters would ever die. ďNot in my book!Ē Romero responded.

Here's what Romero said:
Once they bleed out of pop culture Iíll be able to go back and do them again. I donít want to touch them now. Gosh, they are all over the place. The Walking Dead is the number one television series in the States, World War Z, games, commercialsÖ Ugh! Itís too much!

It feels like I donít have a horse in the race. They asked me to do a couple of episodes of The Walking Dead but I didnít want to be a part of it. Basically itís just a soap opera with a zombie occasionally. I always used the zombie as a character for satire or a political criticism and I find that missing in whatís happening now.
Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/george-a-ro...-walking-dead/
Old 11-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2007
South Dakota

How many people would say TWD is better than Romero's offerings?

I fall into that category.

All respect to the path that has been blazed on his part, but this is the most I have watched a 'zombie' film/show as I don't find it pointless and the actual content makes you think about the character's situations and choices more than a 2 hour movie can which leaves the viewer - invested. Maybe Romero is undervaluing this? Doubt anyone would ignore that. Anyway, my 2 cents.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #51
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2007
Club Loop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew664 View Post

All respect to the path that has been blazed on his part, but this is the most I have watched a 'zombie' film/show as I don't find it pointless and the actual content makes you think about the character's situations and choices more than a 2 hour movie can which leaves the viewer - invested. Maybe Romero is undervaluing this? Doubt anyone would ignore that. Anyway, my 2 cents.
+1

For me, surviving the new world is far more interesting than just fighting zombies.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Just because Romero says it should be more about the zombies doesn't mean it should. Being about the survivors and how they handle the world now is what Kirkman meant it to be about all along.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #53
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

TWD is going to fall into the same problem that Star Trek and Stargate have fallen into, too much media saturation and they have been milked for all they're worth. TWD is simply riding high because it's the only Zombie production on TV.

What drew me to TWD was Frank Darabont. When AMC elected to get rid of him, that's when my interest went south. I thought that Darabont was the better fit for the series but AMC wanted fewer Zombies and more humans because they wanted to trim the budget as they complained it was too much to produce.

It's not a zombie movie or a zombie series if you don't feature the zombies predominantly in the movie or series.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2013
I live where you vacation

Umm I guess they are going w/ only 6 seasons or so of Walking Dead.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #55
Power Member

Aug 2008
San Fransokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edword View Post
Just because Romero says it should be more about the zombies doesn't mean it should. Being about the survivors and how they handle the world now is what Kirkman meant it to be about all along.
True. Read just about any past article with Kirkman...he plainly says this.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Saint Paul Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walts Ghost View Post
Hmm...Not sure that this is needed, but I wait to reserve judgement to see how it plays out.
Agreed.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #57

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:

Massive +1

I honestly hate Romero's films. I respect him enough for popularizing the zombie sub-genre and for making Dawn of the Dead so that Zack Snyder could make a superior version of it.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #58
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:

Great points to be honest I had never seen a zombie movie that I can remember. It just wasn't my thing and that's why I was so hesitant to watch TWD when it originally aired but after seeing the previews etc.. i watched the TWD "Pilot" the night it originally aired and haven't missed a episode yet.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlanga View Post
Umm I guess they are going w/ only 6 seasons or so of Walking Dead.
What makes you say that?
Old 11-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #60
Blu-ray Champion

Jul 2011
SoCal, CA

Quote:
What makes you say that?
Yeah, just because they are making a spin-off doesn't mean they'll stop with TWD.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows