Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Space Jam 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
10 hrs ago
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Center Stage (Blu-ray)
$29.99
11 hrs ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
1 day ago
Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-24-2021, 03:07 AM   #2381
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Deep inside your fever-dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirkmanly View Post
No post marks, no addresses, no return addresses, no tape, no labels, etc. It's pretty obvious when mailing supplies are pristine. Any PM supplies used for anything other then PM shipping is regarded as stolen and is essentially still owned by the USPS.
This is exactly what I intended by my post, thank you. The theft of postal supplies to use as padding/packaging (without paying the required postage) is a huge turn off to me when I'm the buyer.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:13 AM   #2382
Banned

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirkmanly View Post
No post marks, no addresses, no return addresses, no tape, no labels, etc. It's pretty obvious when mailing supplies are pristine. Any PM supplies used for anything other then PM shipping is regarded as stolen and is essentially still owned by the USPS.
Ironically, I just got some CD jewel cases off of eBay, and the padding inside the box consisted of seemingly unused USPS envelopes, replete with the strip of sealing tape still affixed. That's kind of crummy.
Thanks given by:
Lemmy Lugosi (02-25-2021)
Old 03-02-2021, 05:11 AM   #2383
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2012
Winnipeg, Canada

I have a girlfriend who is extremely sweet and extremely good-looking...so I cut her a HUGE amount of slack.

We have "movie time" on Monday and Friday, and I usually pick something quite light because my girl is kinda' "yappy".

Last week, she announced that she wanted to see Casablanca. I was delighted. We could finally watch a real classic together. And I warned her that, "This is a serious movie and you need to pay attention". This was the politest way I could think of to tell her the STFU during the movie.

She managed to talk during every major plot point and I basically had to explain the whole damn movie to her.

From now on, we are just watching cartoons. I'll save the classics for myself.
Thanks given by:
Infrared Sight (03-07-2021), Mike16 (03-02-2021), Monterey Jack (03-02-2021), oildude (04-02-2021), Scarriere (03-02-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 11:05 AM   #2384
Banned

Oct 2011

When you have to get up for work an hour earlier than usual, and find yourself snapping awake almost 40 minutes before the alarm was to go off anyways and can't fall asleep again.
Old 03-28-2021, 02:30 PM   #2385
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
SE Kentucky, USA

Outsiders who can't seem to understand there's more to New York than The City. I'm moving to a small city in Kentucky and when they see my truck tags or find out I'm from NY they jump to the conclusion that I'm from the big city and must be "entitled" somehow.

What really irritated me was a situation that happened a couple days ago, I was talking to one of my new co-workers when one of them said "oh you'll like it down here, it may be slower than your used to but we're friendlier"... I didn't know how to take that comment. I'm moving from a town of <2000 where everyone knows everyone. Not to mention our personal experience already doesn't back that up, a "friendly community" would welcome us not run us off by shooting at us, robbing us, and vandalizing our property.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:52 PM   #2386
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2012

I hate people who talk during movies. I tried watching Vertigo with the parents and my dad kept asking "why this was happening and what was that about?" I finally gave up and left.
Old 03-29-2021, 12:28 AM   #2387
Banned

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I tried watching Vertigo with the parents and my dad kept asking "why this was happening and what was that about?" I finally gave up and left.
I always respond with, "If you'd stop talking, the movie will eventually explain better than I could".
Old 03-31-2021, 03:32 AM   #2388
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

When you replace a new battery in your vehicle and have to figure out how to reset the clock, display, radio, etc.
Old 03-31-2021, 02:49 PM   #2389
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
SE Kentucky, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryAtNight View Post
When you replace a new battery in your vehicle and have to figure out how to reset the clock, display, radio, etc.
Just like when your power goes out and you have to change all the clocks in your home. Never realized how many appliances included clocks these days.
Old 04-02-2021, 02:09 AM   #2390
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike16 View Post
Just like when your power goes out and you have to change all the clocks in your home. Never realized how many appliances included clocks these days.
I have my alarm clock, microwave & stove that needs to have the time reset. My freezer makes this annoying beep every time the power is restored. I have to press random buttons to make it stop.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #2391
Banned

Oct 2011

Seeing threads get bumped for no other reason than people asking, "If I order this from [retailer], will I still receive a slipcover...?" (usually YEARS after the release date).

If a slip is THAT important to you, buy it when it first comes out.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:10 PM   #2392

Aug 2020
UK

My neighbours yappy little dog barking continuously for no reason other than to annoy it seems. Couple that with the neighbours completely allowing it and seem to be unphased!
Old 04-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #2393
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2012

Getting tired of greeting people at work and not getting a response because they're using airpods and can't hear me. I just feel like a moron having people "ignore" me. And it's no better if they actually see me and stop and take the pods off. They give me a look like "why are you stopping me". I'm just going to stop greeting altogether.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:18 PM   #2394
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
Getting tired of greeting people at work and not getting a response because they're using airpods and can't hear me. I just feel like a moron having people "ignore" me. And it's no better if they actually see me and stop and take the pods off. They give me a look like "why are you stopping me". I'm just going to stop greeting altogether.
I probably work with hundreds of people and I don't like having to exchange what I consider empty greetings with all of them. I'm probably somewhere in the middle, I do wish I could just put my hearing aids on silent and listen to music all shift long. I can only imagine how mad people would get if it seemed like I was intentionally ignoring them though.

It will never not bother me how most people seem to drive like they're experiencing a severe stroke or they're driving for the first time. Go faster or get off the road.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:43 PM   #2395
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Obvious bootleg items on eBay that say "Legit" in the title. As if you needed any further proof that it were a knockoff.
Thanks given by:
Infrared Sight (05-04-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 05:35 PM   #2396
Blu-ray Guru

May 2015

Rhetorical question:

Who came up with idea that when writing a review or synopsis of a film, one should list two or three other films in which a featured actor has appeared in parenthesis after their name?

Fully prepared to admit I may be alone in finding this annoying, but what's the point? If I know who Sean Connery is, I don't need to be told he was also in Dr. No, and The Hunt For Red October. And if I don't know who he is, then it makes no difference anyway.

Also, I find it hilarious that often the reviewer ignores the most obvious titles, and picks more obscure films, like:

Sean Connery (Shalako, Cuba, Highlander 2: The Quickening).

Okay, maybe the above is a bit exaggerated, but I've seen reviews almost as bad.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (05-09-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 06:04 PM   #2397
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
Rhetorical question:

Who came up with idea that when writing a review or synopsis of a film, one should list two or three other films in which a featured actor has appeared in parenthesis after their name?

Fully prepared to admit I may be alone in finding this annoying, but what's the point? If I know who Sean Connery is, I don't need to be told he was also in Dr. No, and The Hunt For Red October. And if I don't know who he is, then it makes no difference anyway.

Also, I find it hilarious that often the reviewer ignores the most obvious titles, and picks more obscure films, like:

Sean Connery (Shalako, Cuba, Highlander 2: The Quickening).

Okay, maybe the above is a bit exaggerated, but I've seen reviews almost as bad.
I figure this is a great tool for writing blurbs, like on the back of a VHS tape or DVD, to inform buyers who might not be aware of an actor's work about what other movies he/she were famous for. They might also tweak the selections and pick those obscure titles to match the brand of the movie in question (because if you're eyeballing a copy of Outland it might help to remember that Connery also starred in Highlander 2 and Zardoz, but name-dropping The Untouchables could set up the wrong expectations. You might surely buy Outland if you loved Zardoz by golly).

To carry it over to reviews might help remind readers about an actor's or director's filmography, although I agree it would be frivolous for a famous name like Connery. But I figure some reviewers might name-drop a bunch of titles to flex their own knowledge (and thus their egos). Seems like a good way to suck up some word count though, especially if you have to spell out Hunt For Red October a bunch of times. You'd think those precious words could be spent on something else informative.

In the end, I blame it on marketing tactics, and maybe the misinterpretation of its intention. It was all probably conceived of my some marketing team decades ago and it just carried over and over ever since.

EDIT:
I forgot your first line specifying that this is a rhetorical question, so my answering it might be unwarranted. Sorry.
Thanks given by:
Reddington (05-09-2021), Scarriere (05-09-2021)
Old 05-09-2021, 11:15 AM   #2398
Blu-ray Guru

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_The_Strange View Post
[Show spoiler]I figure this is a great tool for writing blurbs, like on the back of a VHS tape or DVD, to inform buyers who might not be aware of an actor's work about what other movies he/she were famous for. They might also tweak the selections and pick those obscure titles to match the brand of the movie in question (because if you're eyeballing a copy of Outland it might help to remember that Connery also starred in Highlander 2 and Zardoz, but name-dropping The Untouchables could set up the wrong expectations. You might surely buy Outland if you loved Zardoz by golly).

To carry it over to reviews might help remind readers about an actor's or director's filmography, although I agree it would be frivolous for a famous name like Connery. But I figure some reviewers might name-drop a bunch of titles to flex their own knowledge (and thus their egos). Seems like a good way to suck up some word count though, especially if you have to spell out Hunt For Red October a bunch of times. You'd think those precious words could be spent on something else informative.

In the end, I blame it on marketing tactics, and maybe the misinterpretation of its intention. It was all probably conceived of my some marketing team decades ago and it just carried over and over ever since.

EDIT:
I forgot your first line specifying that this is a rhetorical question, so my answering it might be unwarranted. Sorry.
It's all good, Al. Appreciate your observations.
Thanks given by:
Al_The_Strange (05-09-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat