Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

The Wire: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$87.25
6 hrs ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
11 hrs ago
To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle - Part One (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$15.04
8 hrs ago
Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Default CBS' "Blue Bloods" (Season 9)

How is the current fifth season of Blue Bloods doing in the ratings on Friday nights on CBS?

The fifth season started on Sky Atlantic (in the UK) tonight. The episode "Partners" was a very solid start to the season.

EDIT: Did a forum thread search in the TV Shows folder, and could not find an existing discussion thread for the TV series Blue Bloods.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #2
Special Member

Feb 2010

So far so good, some spotlight on Jamie in the next few episodes. Also, they touched a little bit on Jamie-Janko "thing".
Old 11-06-2014, 05:02 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
California

One of my favorite shows for the last few years. Never miss an episode.

It continues to do very well for CBS, averaging about 10-11 million viewers each week, on par with previous. I believe it almost easily wins its timeslot every Friday. This season has been off to a good start.
Old 11-09-2014, 06:31 AM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota

Tom Selleck + Donnie Wahlberg = WIN!
Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 AM   #5
RobertColes

One of my most loved shows for the last few years. Never miss a scene.

It keeps on doing exceptionally well for CBS, averaging around 10-11 million viewers every week, keeping pace with past. I trust it very nearly effortlessly wins its timeslot each Friday. This season has been headed toward a decent begin.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:44 PM   #6
Special Member

Jan 2011
La Palma, CA

I love Blue Bloods. IMO, it's one of the best procedurals on CBS and I love how it also focuses on family as well.

It's doing well, but it's also considered a very "Old" show in that it's primary audience is older viewers and advertisers aren't fans of older viewers. I think it will be around for a few more years despite that. It has a big fanbase and Tom Selleck is always a draw.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:35 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

How did Blue Bloods' sixth season premiere do last night in the ratings?
Old 09-27-2015, 04:54 AM   #8
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

^^^ Donnie Wahlberg (Danny) got this message up over at his Twitter page less than an hour ago.

For the 111th time in 112 possible Friday's- last nights BlueBloods was, far and away, the most watched show on all of television! Thank You

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Old 12-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

Read recently in a UK TV listings magazine for the first full week of next year (covering Saturday 2nd to Friday 8th January) that season 6 of Blue Bloods starts on Sky Atlantic on Wednesday 6th January at 9 pm.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:34 PM   #10
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

The next new episode of this show will be shown on January 8th. Go here for the synopsis.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 02-20-2016, 09:48 PM   #11
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

Last night's episode of this show was good. I most definitely understand why Danny and Detective Baez took that cop to the rehab center, but in my opinion, if that is the guy's first time being there, the NYPD should just wash their hands of the guy if the guy does not stay clean when going home because at some point a person does have to learn how to stand on their own two feet and if that man has no desire to help his own self, anything that is done for him by someone else is not going to make any difference when the dust settles.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 04-12-2016, 10:45 PM   #12
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

I can not wait to see Blue Bloods this Friday. The serial killer that Danny has been trying to get during this current season is going to have Nikki as his hostage. I wonder if Erin's response will be any different this time around because every time Danny needs anything from her concerning a case, she very rarely lifts a finger to help.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 04-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

It's been very confusing the last few weeks with each new episode from the current, sixth season of Blue Bloods. The Sky listings info (episode title and synopsis) hasn't matched the episode I've been watching. But they've finally sorted it out now. Tonight's new episode IS the episode "Fresh Start".

It's been another solid, very good season so far of Blue Bloods. Some of the episodes I've liked a lot, have been the episode about the stolen Mustang from the film Bullitt, and the two episodes with the serial killer taunting Danny.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:07 AM   #14
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

Tonight's show was good, but Erin sealed the deal on her being the hypocrite that she truly is. If it had been any other person as that man's hostage, she would have been all over Danny for taking out the guy when he wasn't even armed. In other words, it had to be her own flesh in blood that hung in the balance in order for her to finally look the other way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder how many episodes are left of this current season of the show. Apparently a new one will not be shown next week.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:12 AM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOttoSweetHeart View Post
Tonight's show was good, but Erin sealed the deal on her being the hypocrite that she truly is. If it had been any other person as that man's hostage, she would have been all over Danny for taking out the guy when he wasn't even armed. In other words, it had to be her own flesh in blood that hung in the balance in order for her to finally look the other way.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I wonder how many episodes are left of this current season of the show. Apparently a new one will not be shown next week.
I haven't watched the show in a while, but most parents feel and behave differently regarding their children, compared to strangers.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:15 AM   #16
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

^^^ It still isn't fair, because each hostage/victim is a part of someone's family.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Old 04-16-2016, 03:22 AM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesOttoSweetHeart View Post
^^^ It still isn't fair, because each hostage/victim is a part of someone's family.
As the saying goes, "life isn't fair". When your child is being held hostage, you care more for them than anyone else. It doesn't mean you're heartless toward the rest, but your child is your first priority. That's how it should be.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #18
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

^^^ Sure, but with her job being what it is, she doesn't do herself any favors where other people are concerned by having such an attitude. The same thing could be said for Frank too during the first season when he shot that one guy in the head because he was getting ready to do whatever he wanted to do to Erin after doing whatever he wanted to do to with other females.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. This is why I love Danny so much. Whenever he has a case, he doesn't look at it as just another case. He is all over it because he knows that so many people are out there suffering because of whatever has happened and so he wants to blow in half whoever is responsible.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:21 PM   #19
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2009
California

Good episode but I was a little disappointed. After the cat-and-mouse game that played out in this little trilogy of episodes over the course of the season, I was expecting a much more suspenseful showdown at the end than what was done. Perhaps the writers felt they couldn't top the fight they had in their first confrontation or that another one would be repeating themselves but still it felt a little anti-climactic. I was surprised by just how quickly and easily Nicky was rescued after she was abducted, too.

Great performance by Donnie Wahlberg, though. He's such a solid actor, and always gives Danny so much heart and soul, not to mention intensity.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:49 PM   #20
Power Member

Oct 2012
East Tennessee

^^^ That right there is what I would love to know about Nikki. Why was she spared so easily when all of the other females that the monster got a hold of were killed in one way or another?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I am surprised that the guy didn't go ahead and grab Linda instead since she is Danny's other half. Didn't the guy know where she and Danny lived? This was the guy's third episode of the show and if I remember right, we see him watch Linda come out of the house at one point during his second episode.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows