Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Quantum Leap: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

V: The Final Battle (Blu-ray)
$17.20

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

One Piece: Collection 26 (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$156.89

Prodigal Son: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$25.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 02-23-2019, 11:32 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grey Wolf View Post
I love Rifftrax and you are right A Talking Cat is really good. Lot of great episodes. Crater Lake Monster and Birdemic come to mind. Just watched The Sorcerers Apprentice (2002) tonight and it was really good. Had Kelly LeBrock (Weird Science) in it.

Their commentaries on Miami Connection, No Retreat, No Surrender and Samurai Cop are pretty spectacular as well.
Thanks given by:
master gandhi (04-29-2021), The Grey Wolf (02-24-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 03:10 AM   #162
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Thanks given by:
goresnet (11-19-2019), Jay H. (11-19-2019), Spootnek (11-20-2019)
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 PM   #163
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2019
Rosebud Motel

Bummer:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MST3K/comme...not_renew_for/
Old 11-26-2019, 09:45 PM   #164
Power Member

Dec 2015

Netflix cancels another show after two seasons.

How shocking.

/s

Oh, and Joel officially announced it in the latest backer e-mail today, if you don't want to trust a random reddit person.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:25 PM   #165
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricPeterTork View Post
Netflix cancels another show after two seasons.

How shocking.

/s

Oh, and Joel officially announced it in the latest backer e-mail today, if you don't want to trust a random reddit person.
That's a shame. (unless future season were going to be like The Gauntlet, then it's a blessing in disguise)

edit: Wonder what options Joel is looking into for more episodes?
Old 11-27-2019, 01:33 AM   #166
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2011

Bite me...!
Old 11-27-2019, 01:35 AM   #167
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Hopefully, if Joel's successful in finding another way for MST3K coming back, they'll improve the writing, cause The Gauntlet was awful.
Old 11-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #168
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Weird request, but can someone please post the embed of their YouTube channel here? At work, and that's the only way I can access YouTube once it goes live? Doesn't seem to be up yet.

Last edited by JohnCarpenterLives; 11-28-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:24 PM   #169

Aug 2020

I just watched Starcrash. Wonderful stuff! I have the blu ray of the season.

Is it normal for the movie to run so laggy in places? As great as it is it's a bit distracting.

Edit... immediately found the answer. A disappointing. YES. I wish they would fix this. I guess they'd have to remix the thing from scratch. oh well. .lovely time anyway. Glad the next one, Land that Time forgot, which I saw as a boy with the family at the movies, is so far clear of the problem.
Old 04-09-2021, 12:09 AM   #170
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Just a heads up. There’s a new Kickstarter for the funding of season 13, which will be independent from a network, unlike their involvement with Netflix. The minimum goal was $2 million and they’ve already exceeded that number. The ultimate stretch goal is $5.5 million and it’s looking like that will be very attainable.
Old 04-10-2021, 04:42 PM   #171
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Here’s the link.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../makemoremst3k

Hope some of you are aware of this new Kickstarter. And if you weren’t aware, hopefully my post has helped inform you.

I say that $5.5 million looks attainable only because during the 2015 Kickstarter, it took them a week to reach $2 million, and this time it was just in a little over a day. Since then, it’s slowed down, but supposedly that’s just how these fundraisers usually play out. The first day and the last day are the biggest ones. The middle days are much mellower.

Anyways, if people here want to discuss this new project or just express their general opinions about the show, it would be cool for this thread to come to life again.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:53 AM   #172
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

The MST3K Kickstarter has now raised over $3.5 million and there’s still about nine days remaining. I’d be happy for them to reach $4.4 million, since that means Joel will be the host of an episode. But if they raise $5.5 million, he’ll host two episodes and they’ll also riff twelve shorts.

Hope there’s still some fans on this forum. They could use all the help they can get, assuming it’s something you can afford and are interested in contributing.

Joel says he’ll be explaining more about the Gizmoplex in the coming days, in case people are waiting until they have a better idea what that will be like.
Thanks given by:
Mikezilla3k (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 02:15 AM   #173
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2019
Rosebud Motel

I've been a fan since 1996, and I'm not donating a single cent. I'm a fan, not a financier. Crowdfunding is disgusting.
Thanks given by:
Zillamon51 (04-29-2021)
Old 04-29-2021, 03:58 AM   #174
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Thanks for at least responding to this thread! I started to think I was invisible.
Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 AM   #175

Jun 2020

I would prefer it if they focused the budget on a much bigger well known B-movie like they did for their MST3K movie, I'd love to see their take on Forbidden Planet, The Blob or other well known movies.

I'd rather see one-offs
Old 04-29-2021, 04:45 PM   #176
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox84 View Post
I would prefer it if they focused the budget on a much bigger well known B-movie like they did for their MST3K movie, I'd love to see their take on Forbidden Planet, The Blob or other well known movies.

I'd rather see one-offs
That would also be cool. For many, the movie that was released in the ‘90s was their first exposure to MST3K. Some still see that movie as a high point for the series. It was heavily compromised by the studio (Universal), and it’s shorter than any other episode I can think of, but out of all that, it was still great fun.

I can see why Joel would rather set the series up to no longer be dependent on a studio/network once the Gizmoplex gets off the ground. I also like the idea of different hosts, so if you are less fond of one host, there’s still another. The Gizmoplex itself sounds like a cool hangout place and it will hopefully be self-sustaining beyond this Kickstarter.

Joel has said that MST3K will be around as long as the fans want it around. So for those who want it around, you can look forward to that. I know I look forward to it. They’ve raised enough money for six episodes based on what they estimate each episode will cost to make.

Joel will announce one of the movies they’ll be riffing this upcoming season this Saturday.

They did a watch-along of Hobgoblins on Monday, which can be fund on the Mystery Science Theater 3000 YouTube channel. They’ll be doing another tonight and tomorrow night. Even if you’re not contributing to the Kickstarter, these live streams are free to watch. Check them out!
Old 04-29-2021, 06:50 PM   #177

May 2009

I uh...Hmm... This will be interesting.
Old 04-29-2021, 10:01 PM   #178
Expert Member

Feb 2019
NC, US

If anyone does, where do you guys get the DVD boxsets? I am going to try and get back into collecting them in case more of them go OOP. I typically buy from Shout and Amazon, but was curious if anyone had seen them for better prices anywhere.
Old 04-30-2021, 12:11 AM   #179

Jun 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by master gandhi View Post
That would also be cool. For many, the movie that was released in the Ď90s was their first exposure to MST3K. Some still see that movie as a high point for the series. It was heavily compromised by the studio (Universal), and itís shorter than any other episode I can think of, but out of all that, it was still great fun.
I've always heard of MST3K but yes the movie was my first proper experience of it. And i have to be honest I've seen quite a few since and none came close to the movie. I would say the only thing close to it was the Rifftrax of The Room, which was up there, and i wish there was a proper MST3K of it.

As I said, there are so many proper 50's B-movies that they can mine but instead of spreading the budget on a whole series on lesser-known films, they can go for the bigger ones, and arguably be more popular and more profitable.
Old 04-30-2021, 02:10 AM   #180
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeyl View Post
I uh...Hmm... This will be interesting.
Which part?

The Kickstarter? The next season? The Gizmoplex? This thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox84 View Post
I've always heard of MST3K but yes the movie was my first proper experience of it. And i have to be honest I've seen quite a few since and none came close to the movie. I would say the only thing close to it was the Rifftrax of The Room, which was up there, and i wish there was a proper MST3K of it.

As I said, there are so many proper 50's B-movies that they can mine but instead of spreading the budget on a whole series on lesser-known films, they can go for the bigger ones, and arguably be more popular and more profitable.
As much as I love the movie, Iíd much rather have more episodes than another movie, if I had to choose between the two. Part of the appeal is them finding obscure gems that lend themselves so well to good riffs. Having one movie try to accomplish what an entire season does, isnít really possible IMO.

Cry Wilderness, Avalanche, Carnival Magic, Mac & Me, Atlantic Rim and The Day Time Ended are all new classics IMO. I wouldnít trade them for one mainstream movie.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows