Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Greenland (Blu-ray)
$14.96
1 hr ago
Spaceballs 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.49
7 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Blade 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
12 hrs ago
Ultraman Zero Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Ip Man: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

300 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 01-06-2017, 06:00 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA
Default Frankenstein Created Bikers (2016)

So this is a thing that's happening...

Not safe for work trailer:

Quote:
Lensed in 10 Georgia cities on Super 35mm film, “Frankenstein Created Bikers” centers on the re-animation of the South's most notorious biker gang - The Impalers. Dr. Marco and his assistant are performing gruesome experiments in their asylum lab and have resurrected the thrill-kill motorcycle club to capture a Bigfoot carrying a pathogen that will allow them to perform a human head transplant. When news of the gang’s resurrection draws the attention of bounty hunters, law enforcement and rival gangs, the lofty aspirations of these mad scientist start to spiral out of control. Things get even worse for the occupants when failed experiments escape from the basement and their lab is attacked by a bomb-happy femme fatale named Val.

Film is already made and been traveling the film festival circuits. Now it is time for them to unleash it on blu-ray. They're doing "pre-orders" through Kickstarter for the time being but looks like a retail edition will come eventually. They've hit their stretch goal for putting it on a BD-50 with bonus features whereas the later retail edition looks to be on a BD-25 with less features, something to consider. The campaign ends on January 20th, 2017 so you've got some time to decide.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tegory_popular

Quote:
25GB Disc
• FRANKENSTEIN CREATED BIKERS Transferred
from original Super 35mm Film in 1080 HD.
• Trailer • Audio commentary with director James Bickert and star Jett Bryant
• English, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish Subtitles
• 2 Trading Cards

50GB Disc
• FRANKENSTEIN CREATED BIKERS Transferred
from original Super 35mm Film in 1080 HD
• Trailer
• Original Concept Trailer
• Investor Pitch
• Audio commentary with director James Bickert and star Jett Bryant
• English, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish Subtitles
• Drive-in Special Feature
• Deleted Scenes
• Extended Scenes
• Easter Egg with Alternate Ending!
• 2 Trading Cards

Last edited by deltatauhobbit; 01-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Thanks given by:
dcfan88 (02-16-2017), HanaBi (01-06-2017), Mondo Bizarro (01-06-2017), Page14 (01-07-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
Power Member

Apr 2009
NY

Saw this at GenreBlast last summer. I thought it was crude, messy, and funny as hell. James Bickert has a gift for floridly filthy language.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:52 PM   #3

Mar 2013
Netherlands

bouncing boobies and guns!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #4

Jun 2010
Not of This Earth

I'm in!
Old 01-06-2017, 07:55 PM   #5

Apr 2013
Indianapolis, IN

This movie is ridiculous and awesome in a really twisted way. I'm a backer from the first round. Looks like THIS KS is so he can do both the DVD and the larger Blu. He sent out an email recently because there weren't tons of DVD backers, and if he could get them all to upgrade he could make the bluray more awesome...seems like he's splitting the difference.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #6

Mar 2012

They blocked the video here, and disabled comments on youtube.....not a good way to raise money.....
Old 01-07-2017, 01:18 AM   #7
Expert Member

May 2010
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymattersplat View Post
This movie is ridiculous and awesome in a really twisted way. I'm a backer from the first round. Looks like THIS KS is so he can do both the DVD and the larger Blu. He sent out an email recently because there weren't tons of DVD backers, and if he could get them all to upgrade he could make the bluray more awesome...seems like he's splitting the difference.
I am also a backer from the first round. I was supposed to get a bonus signed blu-ray, of Dear God NO!, but never received it. Were you supposed to get any bonus items, and if so, did you ever receive them?

Thought maybe they were going to send them together, but I do remember them wanting to verify my address quite some time ago.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:47 AM   #8
Power Member

May 2014
Antarctica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDHickey View Post
They blocked the video here, and disabled comments on youtube.....not a good way to raise money.....
After watching that trailer, I think blocking the video and disabling comments was probably a good thing.
Thanks given by:
GDHickey (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgurley View Post
I am also a backer from the first round. I was supposed to get a bonus signed blu-ray, of Dear God NO!, but never received it.
Apparently the Blu-rays for both films will be sent out sometime next month.

I'm glad to see this is finally coming out. I missed the online screening. I'm a big fan of Dear God No! so I'm hoping the sequel lives up to my expectations. Good to see funds were raised to put the new movie on a BD-50. Kinda wish the original Kickstarter campaign for the film had just forgone DVD and went straight for a BD-50 from the get-go, but the current Kickstarter/pre-order was successful without me chipping in any more, so yay.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:53 AM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

Shouldn't this be titled "Frankenstein Created Woman Bikers"?
Old 01-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #11

Oct 2010

For those who have seen it, does it have "grindhouse" type effects( i.e. fake scratches, intentional damaged frames, etc.)? The trailer looks slick as hell!
Old 01-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Coming up on the last 24 hours of the campaign, they easily met their goal.

It'll be available to order online elsewhere but one of the packages comes with the filmmakers' autographs, which might not be available for sale again.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #13

Apr 2013
Indianapolis, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgurley View Post
I am also a backer from the first round. I was supposed to get a bonus signed blu-ray, of Dear God NO!, but never received it. Were you supposed to get any bonus items, and if so, did you ever receive them?
Sorry, I missed this previously. My pledge level was the $35 "contributor" bluray, so I'm just waiting on the movie itself. Though I did catch the online "screening", and enjoyed it! I've actually already got one of the special cut Dear God No! blu's. He does a lot of horror conventions, and back when I was doing a podcast, we made friends with him after seeing a screening.

On a totally unrelated note...that same show, somebody was in the dealer's room selling copies of their movie, and if you bought one they would GIVE you a beer. Because they couldn't sell it. Then they did a screening, and quickly ran out of beer.

Yep...that's totally unrelated.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2016
Virginia, U.S.A.

This looks to crazy for me not to back. Therefore, I'm now a backer!
Old 01-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #15
Power Member

Apr 2009
NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmodeux21 View Post
For those who have seen it, does it have "grindhouse" type effects( i.e. fake scratches, intentional damaged frames, etc.)? The trailer looks slick as hell!
I don't recall any added "grindhouse" effects; it was shot on 35mm and mostly looked very good (he had crew from GA-based productions like TWD and the DP from Stranger Things). Definitely some stylized looks ranging from warm 70's bikersploitation to Bava/Hammer touches for a few sequences.

Last edited by HanaBi; 01-19-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Thanks given by:
asmodeux21 (01-19-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 04:50 AM   #16
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Houston, Texas

I enjoyed Dear God No and I have the VHS/Blu-ray signed combo so I'll def grab this.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:43 PM   #17
Expert Member

May 2011

Just got update 30 from kickstarter stating that both dear god no and Frankenstein created bikers will be on the same disc. While this is awesome for contributors that just signed up for the Frankenstein created bikers blu-ray, I wonder how they are going to handle the backers that contributed more money for the double blu-ray option to get both movies on separate discs.
Thanks given by:
Mondo Bizarro (01-21-2017)
Old 01-21-2017, 05:21 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2008
Minnesota

Yeah, it's a head-scratcher. I contributed $50 for a second Blu-ray containing DGN so I wonder if anything extra will be done for those backers.

BTW, it'll be the grindhouse cut of the film, not the one previously released on BD. This version is a little bit longer, has more of the fake film damage effects and that, and it shows a little extra gore in spots. It only screened once theatrically, and is on VHS, but is now going to be on this BD from a 2K source as part of the drive-in special feature, which is both movies back-to-back with trailers for movies the director saw on the festival circuit plus fake ads.

He stated that once this 50GB pressing sells out, Frankenstein Created Bikers will be pressed on a 25GB disc after dropping DGN: Grindhouse Cut.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:11 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2010
The middle of nowhere, USA

I tried ordering this on what I thought was the last day that the offer was available (January 20), but the kickstarter page wouldn't work for me. Oh well ...
Old 01-28-2017, 12:04 AM   #20
Power Member

May 2011
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_dozen View Post
Just got update 30 from kickstarter stating that both dear god no and Frankenstein created bikers will be on the same disc. While this is awesome for contributors that just signed up for the Frankenstein created bikers blu-ray, I wonder how they are going to handle the backers that contributed more money for the double blu-ray option to get both movies on separate discs.
The wording in the last email said the Kickstarter Blu-Rays will be different than the ones only done as a Pre-Order.

So Kickstarter Backers will be getting the Grindhouse Cut of DGN & Frankenstein Created Bikers and the non-Backers will not? Or is the only difference the Numbering of the Kickstarter Blu-Rays?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
bikers, exploitation, frankenstein