Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
5 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
2 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
11 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Drive (Blu-ray)
$31.99
5 hrs ago
Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Blade 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Spaceballs 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.49
23 hrs ago
Ip Man: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 03-30-2021, 05:52 PM   #861
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2011

I thought the same thing. I didn’t really try to approach anyone or anything though. I was just overwhelmed by the sheer number of people. I have Aspergers and poor social skills at the best of times, but being surrounded by thousands of people is just way too much of anything.
Old 03-30-2021, 06:03 PM   #862
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010

I've been to a handful of cons, granted I'm not looking for anyone there and to be honest, I'm not sure unless they have a "singles event" when there's a right time to do so. I think of it kind of like going to the gym. Can you meet someone there? Of course, but I think people are kind of focused on the event and not looking for prospective dates. I'm sure there is a bunch of caveats to that. I rarely talk to anyone outside of vendors BUT when I'm on line to get autographs, I do chat with people. You are usually on that line for hours and you can't help but talk to people in that line.
Thanks given by:
John Pannozzi (04-04-2021), SantanaJade (03-30-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 06:13 PM   #863
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

**** **** **** **** **** **** ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2021, 06:25 PM   #864
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Old 03-31-2021, 11:43 AM   #865
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

My apologies. I over reacted. There's this girl I like, you know. Even though I'm not that shy and have no problem going face to face with people and shaking their hand, for some stupid ass reason it still feels awkward. Like, WTF!? Why is that a thing? Feel like banging my head on the wall.
Old 03-31-2021, 03:41 PM   #866
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
My apologies. I over reacted. There's this girl I like, you know. Even though I'm not that shy and have no problem going face to face with people and shaking their hand, for some stupid ass reason it still feels awkward. Like, WTF!? Why is that a thing? Feel like banging my head on the wall.
Can relate.
Thanks given by:
CyberpunkCentral (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 06:13 PM   #867
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

I eventually talked to her. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm like **** it at this point. If you continue to be silent, then you are not going nowhere. But yeah. Kinda wish I asked her a different question, though. Kinda feel like a creep thinking about it now.
Old 03-31-2021, 06:46 PM   #868
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2010

With each year, I realize how I wouldn't have the patience for games in dating. I understand the game in your 20s and maybe even to the 30s, but I work 40 hours a week. I drive 35-40 minutes to work each way. Exercise, taking care of house and myself, I'm not interested in wasting time. Like I said in a previous post, everyone gets 2 strikes. You put the ball int her court twice. They ghost you, keep making excuses, give you the runaround, you move on.
Thanks given by:
Gold Ranger (03-31-2021), Scarriere (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 08:33 PM   #869
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
With each year, I realize how I wouldn't have the patience for games in dating. I understand the game in your 20s and maybe even to the 30s
The games continue in their 40s as well. You’d think they’d outgrow it by then, but nope. I’ve all but given up having another serious, long term relationship.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:59 PM   #870
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2008
The Swan Station aDdIcTeD 2 LOST PSN:U5MC51473
Send a message via AIM to sfmarine Send a message via MSN to sfmarine Send a message via Skype™ to sfmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
With each year, I realize how I wouldn't have the patience for games in dating. I understand the game in your 20s and maybe even to the 30s, but I work 40 hours a week. I drive 35-40 minutes to work each way. Exercise, taking care of house and myself, I'm not interested in wasting time. Like I said in a previous post, everyone gets 2 strikes. You put the ball int her court twice. They ghost you, keep making excuses, give you the runaround, you move on.
That's a major f'n concern that everyone should be willing to appreciate and respect: Time

The average person who is serious about finding someone (pre-covid) has to set aside a good chunk of time to meet someone. 40 hrs a week + the commute and gym workouts = not a lot of free time. Which is why I agree that two-strike rule is on the money. I left the ball in her court. The ball is pretty much deflated now but that's not my problem anymore.
Thanks given by:
Erzengel (03-31-2021)
Old 04-01-2021, 03:30 AM   #871
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
I eventually talked to her. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm like **** it at this point. If you continue to be silent, then you are not going nowhere. But yeah. Kinda wish I asked her a different question, though. Kinda feel like a creep thinking about it now.
That's true. Not knowing will constantly be in the back of my mind and then there's also the feeling of rejection.

I just have no idea what to say to a girl unless a good opportunity presents itself. Like if something happened while we were at work, I could comment on it and go from there. But otherwise I have zero idea how to initiate conversation if they don't have the same interests as me.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:10 AM   #872
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2011
Somewhere else now.
Send a message via Skype™ to Gold Ranger

Just start with the simple: "Hello, how are you? How was your (daylight/weekend)? Did you do anything fun or exciting?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat