Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$38.99

The Legend of Hercules 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.96

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

Despicable Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.89

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Taza, Son of Cochise 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.82

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 11-09-2020, 05:05 PM   #621
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmcv View Post
Yeah, I was really hoping I'd be able to sell my PS4 and use the PS5 as my primary Blu-ray player (for watching 3D discs on both my C6 OLED and PS VR headset), but it looks like I'm going to have to keep the PS4.
Needs must mate. I had a feeling it would be the case but itís still a blow to hear it first hand.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:02 PM   #622

Jun 2017

For those of you who have both which method of 3D movie viewing gives you the best 3D? A 3D tv or the PSVR? I've tried my PSVR on alot of 3D blu rays but have been underwhelmed by alot of them. The only times when the 3D seems noticeable to me is when objects fly right at or out of the screen like the begining race car crash in The Final Destination was AMAZING but I started the first Hobbit film in 3D and didn't really notice any depth. Am I doing something wrong with my set up? Could I have a faulty headset? Or is not feeling the passive 3D effects a side effect of having your entire view blocked in by the headset and not seeing out of your peripheral vision at the world around you. Thanks for the help!
Old 11-18-2020, 07:10 PM   #623
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverfan98 View Post
For those of you who have both which method of 3D movie viewing gives you the best 3D? A 3D tv or the PSVR? I've tried my PSVR on alot of 3D blu rays but have been underwhelmed by alot of them. The only times when the 3D seems noticeable to me is when objects fly right at or out of the screen like the begining race car crash in The Final Destination was AMAZING but I started the first Hobbit film in 3D and didn't really notice any depth. Am I doing something wrong with my set up? Could I have a faulty headset? Or is not feeling the passive 3D effects a side effect of having your entire view blocked in by the headset and not seeing out of your peripheral vision at the world around you. Thanks for the help!
The PSVR's resolution isn't as good as a 1080p 3D TV, but there's no opportunity for crosstalk. So it's a tradeoff.

If a movie's 3D is only good to you when things are flying at your face, watching movies on a 3D TV will not be any different than on the PSVR.

Honestly, I found most movie's 3D to be lacking. Too many converted movies (like the entire MCU). 3D movies are at their best when natively shot in 3D. Like The Hobbit Trilogy, The Transformers movies, computer animated movies like Polar Express, etc. Other than that, people only say that they like converted 3D movies because they are hungry for more 3D content no matter how they get it.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #624
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Round Rock, TX

For those of you that have the camera adapter for the PS5, have you tested a 3D Blu-ray movie yet? Does it display in 3D in the PSVR?
Old 11-19-2020, 07:47 PM   #625

Jun 2017

What screen size on the PSVR do you all usually pick? I've heard the medium size is the best but I tried a few minutes of Pacific Rim 3D on the big size and man that was cool.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (11-20-2020)
Old 11-19-2020, 09:37 PM   #626
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
The PSVR's resolution isn't as good as a 1080p 3D TV, but there's no opportunity for crosstalk. So it's a tradeoff.

If a movie's 3D is only good to you when things are flying at your face, watching movies on a 3D TV will not be any different than on the PSVR.

Honestly, I found most movie's 3D to be lacking. Too many converted movies (like the entire MCU). 3D movies are at their best when natively shot in 3D. Like The Hobbit Trilogy, The Transformers movies, computer animated movies like Polar Express, etc. Other than that, people only say that they like converted 3D movies because they are hungry for more 3D content no matter how they get it.
I have to disagree. I found the most recent Marvel efforts to have superb depth, the best I have seen since the Golden Age 3D Blu-ray such as House Of Wax, Inferno, The Bubble etc..

Both Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame’s depth seemed infinite. Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 and Spider-Man: Far From Home were great also.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology