Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
11 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96

Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.65
9 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.65
1 day ago
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.54
1 day ago
Ahiru no Sora (Blu-ray)
$89.99
1 day ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 03-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Tulsa, OK (formally S. Wales)
Default Star Wars: The Mandalorian (Live Action Series)

BIG news!

Jon Favreau has signed to write and produce.

http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series

Quote:
Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”

Favreau is thrilled to be returning to the Star Wars galaxy: “If you told me at 11 years old that I would be getting to tell stories in the Star Wars universe, I wouldn’t have believed you. I can’t wait to embark upon this exciting adventure.”

Disney’s collaborations with Favreau extend back a decade, when he helped launch the Marvel Cinematic Universe as director of Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and as an executive producer of the Iron Man and Avengers films for Marvel Studios. For Disney, he directed and produced the massively successful The Jungle Book, which won an Academy Award for its groundbreaking visual effects. He is currently in production on Disney’s highly anticipated reimagining of The Lion King, set for release in 2019.

The untitled Star Wars live-action series does not yet have a release date.
Thanks given by:
Darth Marcus (03-08-2018), Kamelot121 (03-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Jul 2012
Origae-6

ĎStar Warsí Fans Bummed Jon Favreau Hired on International Womenís Day!!

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-fans-bummed-jon-favreau-hired-on-international-womens-day-another-straight-white-dude/
Old 03-08-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
Special Member

Sep 2011
Northern CA

Very happy, hopefully by late 2019.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #4
Banned

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himmel View Post
They wanted it to be directed by Wrinkle in Time director and produced by Oprah.

And cast a woman for the role of solo.
Thanks given by:
RancorKeeper (10-03-2018), Variety Films 3D (08-24-2019)
Old 05-10-2018, 01:03 PM   #5
al3c

I definitely am worried that Star Wars will lose some of its draw for me if there is one coming out every year. I've been a life long fan, and will continue to watch as long as they're good (I've been mostly pleased with the new releases), but there will be no anticipation for me for a new one.
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3c View Post
I definitely am worried that Star Wars will lose some of its draw for me if there is one coming out every year. I've been a life long fan, and will continue to watch as long as they're good (I've been mostly pleased with the new releases), but there will be no anticipation for me for a new one.
Marvel has proven the majority of fans don't agree with you. Ragnarok, Black Panther, and Infinity War make three blockbusters in FIVE MONTHS. I'd say one Star Wars film per year ain't enough...
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (08-24-2019)
Old 05-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Marvel has proven the majority of fans don't agree with you. Ragnarok, Black Panther, and Infinity War make three blockbusters in FIVE MONTHS. I'd say one Star Wars film per year ain't enough...
I can't help by somewhat agree with al3c.

Growing up I was desperate for standalone films about Boba Fett or Lando or whoever, but now they're here the buzz and excitement of each new film has diminished a bit.

I remember the anticipation of waiting 3 years for each new film and it felt special. The excitement was in the waiting, not necessarily seeing the film, so having films on an annual basis means to anticipation is lost.

And IMO it's not really a like for like comparison with Marvel, because they've built their series around multiple films on an annual basis and it works for them. In the case of Star Wars it feels like something that they're forcing onto it, rather than developing it naturally, the same problem the DC films have.

Things may change in the future, but for now it feels a bit forced and the spark of Star Wars has died out a little.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #8
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3c View Post
100% agree. Too much. It's overwhelming.
Old 05-10-2018, 03:16 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
TN

Guess I'm just a complete fanboy, then. Saw TLJ in theaters five times, got tix for the opening night fan event of Solo in two weeks. Can't wait!

And then the interminable wait for IX...
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:23 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Guess I'm just a complete fanboy, then. Saw TLJ in theaters five times, got tix for the opening night fan event of Solo in two weeks. Can't wait!

And then the interminable wait for IX...
Oh, I'm a fan too, Star Wars is easily my favorite film series, but it is possible to have too much of a good thing, especially when for years there were only a limited number of films.
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:29 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

To be honest, I'm finding it very difficult to be optimistic about Star Wars right now. Rogue One was mostly pointless, The Last Jedi was trash, and Solo doesn't look too encouraging either. The Force Awakens was promising, but its future was wrecked by Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson's obsession with identity politics. It was recently revealed that Colin Trevorrow was fired from The Last Jedi, because the story he wanted to tell kept Luke at the center instead of dwelling on Rey, Poe, and Finn - oh, the horror!
Thanks given by:
banthafett (05-12-2018), DJR662 (05-10-2018), Noahishere (05-10-2018), RancorKeeper (10-03-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
Special Member

Jul 2013
THE 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moviefan2k4 View Post
To be honest, I'm finding it very difficult to be optimistic about Star Wars right now. Rogue One was mostly pointless, The Last Jedi was trash, and Solo doesn't look too encouraging either. The Force Awakens was promising, but its future was wrecked by Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson's obsession with identity politics. It was recently revealed that Colin Trevorrow was fired from The Last Jedi, because the story he wanted to tell kept Luke at the center instead of dwelling on Rey, Poe, and Finn - oh, the horror!
I'm still shocked that more people aren't suffering from Star Wars fatigue—especially these days. Talk/type about overkill.

I mean, the movies are now coming out at a Saw-like rate.
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 03:46 PM   #13

Sep 2017
England

Star wars is a bit like cake these days... gone are the days where it was a young child who only got cake for it's birthday and it was a real treat.. now it's an adult it can buy cake whenever and the cake whilst still good doesn't have the magic it once did.
Thanks given by:
gkolb (05-11-2018), IndyMLVC (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 04:32 PM   #14
Banned

Oct 2016

Quote:
I completely agree. As a huge fan of the entire 6 Lucas movies and The Clone Wars, I have been completely underwhelmed by the Disney Star Wars content. I really hope they can turn it around. The Last Jedi was an abomination to put it mildly. I feel like they have kind of lost me as a fan at this point. I'm hoping David & Dan from Game of Thrones can make a compelling trilogy to get me back into Star Wars.
Old 05-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #15

Jan 2012
USA
-
-
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezza View Post
Oh, I'm a fan too, Star Wars is easily my favorite film series, but it is possible to have too much of a good thing, especially when for years there were only a limited number of films.
Completely agree. Huge fan here too. But it used to be special when a film came out. Not it's just yearly. I still go see them but the extra buzz and excitement has left.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #16
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

Iím loving everything they are doing. People used to talk about superhero fatigue, but Infinity War silences all that chatter. I could NEVER have Star Wars fatigue. Iíve been wanting a live action Star Wars series since I was a kid watching Battlestar Galactica.
Thanks given by:
Hardkore (05-11-2018), Hubunkey (05-12-2018), robgmun (05-10-2018), sandman slim (05-11-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #17
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyfaile View Post
Iím loving everything they are doing. People used to talk about superhero fatigue, but Infinity War silences all that chatter. I could NEVER have Star Wars fatigue. Iíve been wanting a live action Star Wars series since I was a kid watching Battlestar Galactica.
I have major superhero fatigue. I saw BP more because I like shirtless black men than anything else. I can't remember the last one I saw before that. I just don't care.

I'd much rather go back to the days of a superman or Batman movie every few years. The entertainment industry just likes to beat everything into the ground now.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #18
Special Member

Jul 2013
THE 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyfaile View Post
Infinity War's actually good, though. If that's fatigue to you, I'll be fatigued forever.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:11 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2015

Quote:
It was recently revealed that Colin Trevorrow was fired from The Last Jedi, because the story he wanted to tell kept Luke at the center instead of dwelling on Rey, Poe, and Finn - oh, the horror!
Trevorrow was never attached to The Last Jedi in the first place.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:57 PM   #20
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
TN

Seven years after the Battle of Endor
Thanks given by:
DarthZod (04-15-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Tags
jon favreau, live show, star wars