Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$14.63
1 day ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

One Piece: Collection 26 (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.61

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 04-09-2021, 06:12 PM   #4761
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

I miss this show Book of Boba Fett cannot get here soon enough!
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (04-10-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 07:35 PM   #4762
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

If you miss it just watch it again.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:00 PM   #4763

Mar 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTHX View Post
She's still in charge of Lucasfilm. She hired them.

She also gave Rian Johnson full creative reigns on TLJ. That's her SOP unless it goes off the rails with the approved scripts which is what happened on Solo. So your point - is pointless.
No, she didn’t hire them. In fact, Favreau wouldn’t come on board unless he didn’t have to answer to her, and Iger capitulated to that demand because by 2018 Disney was desperate to right the sinking Star Wars ship. And Filoni was hired by George Lucas himself at Lucasfilm years before Kathleen Kennedy was ever in charge. And Filoni will be there after she’s gone too. Unless he leaves before September 2021, since that is when Kathleen Kennedy’s contract is up and she will definitely be “mutually parting ways with Lucasfilm” so that she can “take on new challenges.”

And we all know exactly what that really means happened.

My point is “pointless”? Guess we’ll find out in 5 months.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:58 AM   #4764
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...lywood-1263588

Quote:
“That's when I called up Kathy and asked to come in and pitch the idea.”- Favreau
Quote:
Kennedy suggested he meet with Dave Filoni, who had co-created multiple Star Wars animated shows.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Mandalorian

Quote:
Favreu met with Kennedy and Carrie Beck to pitch his idea for the show. At the meeting, Kennedy told him that Dave Filoni was also interested in telling stories about Mandalorians. (Filoni had also talked with Kennedy about wanting to work in live-action; She then sent him visit the sets of some of the contemporary Star Wars films to study the productions.) Favreau was familiar with Filoni, having voiced the Mandolorian character Pre Vizla on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. A few days later, the three of them met again, this time accompanied by Filoni and Christopher Yost.
Thanks given by:
LeftHandedGuitarist (04-10-2021), mwynn (04-10-2021), PeterTHX (04-10-2021), rexcrk (04-14-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 03:07 AM   #4765
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu-ray Cinema View Post
No, as we see from the quotes above you're just repeating toxic fan propaganda. AKA lies. Boom.
Thanks given by:
rexcrk (04-14-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 07:12 AM   #4766

Mar 2021

Quote:
No, as we see from the quotes above you're just repeating toxic fan propaganda. AKA lies. Boom.
And you’re just repeating the company line of how it supposedly came together. Let me guess, everything you quoted is from Lucasfilm directly, right? Official interviews, making-of videos, articles, all approved by Lucasfilm. All crafted by Lucasfilm PR. Lucasfilm, the company run by Kathleen Kennedy. Do you actually think they’d officially make her look bad? That they’d officially admit she did little to nothing to make THE MANDALORIAN the hit it became? If you actually believe what the PR machine is telling you then that puts you in the company of LOTS of people. Most people, in point of fact. And you’re welcome to believe it, especially since they have an entire PR department devoted to getting you to believe the spin.

• Did you believe the official spin on Michael Arndt being fired as screenwriter of THE FORCE AWAKENS?

• Did you believe the official spin on Gareth Edwards being fired and Tony Gilroy being brought in to reshoot a quarter of ROGUE ONE?

• Did you believe the official spin on Lord and Miller being fired from SOLO after shooting up to 80% of it and then having Ron Howard come in to reshoot up to half of it again?

• Did you believe the official spin on Colin Trevorrow being fired after working on Episode IX for two years?

And if you believe all of the Lucasfilm official spin.... that’s great, carry on.
Old 04-10-2021, 03:45 PM   #4767
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2008

Quote:
No, she didn’t hire them. In fact, Favreau wouldn’t come on board unless he didn’t have to answer to her, and Iger capitulated to that demand because by 2018 Disney was desperate to right the sinking Star Wars ship. And Filoni was hired by George Lucas himself at Lucasfilm years before Kathleen Kennedy was ever in charge. And Filoni will be there after she’s gone too. Unless he leaves before September 2021, since that is when Kathleen Kennedy’s contract is up and she will definitely be “mutually parting ways with Lucasfilm” so that she can “take on new challenges.”

And we all know exactly what that really means happened.

What is your source for this? Twatter and Youtube?
Old 04-10-2021, 05:11 PM   #4768

Mar 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwynn View Post
What is your source for this? Twatter and Youtube?
Where is my source for Disney being desperate back in 2018 to have Star Wars succeed since Episode 8 just did 3/4 of a billion less than Episode 7? Where is my source that Dave Filoni was a Lucasfilm employee before Kathleen Kennedy? Where is my source that Kathleen Kennedy’s contract is up in September?

Does it matter? Do you have sourced information disputing these things? If you do I’ll certainly concede that what I wrote is apparently incorrect.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:58 PM   #4769
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2006

Quote:
And if you believe all of the Lucasfilm official spin.... that’s great, carry on.
I do not believe rumors and innuendo spread by toxic fans.
Old 04-10-2021, 10:34 PM   #4770
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Above the Convenience Store

Quote:
I tend to believe neither corporate PR nor rumors spread by toxic fan-babies.
Thanks given by:
BillieCassin (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #4771
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintNoSin View Post
I tend to believe neither corporate PR nor rumors spread by toxic fan-babies.
Same. I think both sides go way too far, LOL.

I think it's clear that things aren't all kisses and cuddles at Lucasfilm, but I also don't think there are vast epic plots going on. I have no doubt there is friction due to multiple factors, and with any meeting of corporate and creative it's likely a much more complicated situation than either side wants you to think.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:03 AM   #4772

Mar 2021

Quote:
Because you’re purposely oblivious to the rumors and innuendo doesn’t mean they’re not still true. A ton of stuff leaks out about every production in Hollywood and a lot of it ends up absolutely being true.

There was many leaks of trouble on the production of both ROGUE ONE and SOLO and those rumors and innuendo ended up being exactly right.
Old 04-11-2021, 02:26 AM   #4773
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

Kennedy gets all the blame when people don’t like something, and none of the credit when they do.

Her job is not a creative one. She is a business woman, and a smart one at that. She’s worked alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. She used that experience to hire people to make new Star Wars content.

Does she have some sort of agenda to make Star Wars more inclusive of females and minorities? I hope so. Why should a galaxy full of bizarre alien species not have more variety of humans?

It doesn’t feel forced at all to me. When I go out in the world, I see so much variety. When I look at older content, I do not see it being representative of reality. That exclusion is what feels forced to me. But even if inclusion is forced, it’s worth it. It would be nice if we could include everyone without effort, but obviously that’s not happening, so whatever effort is necessary is worth it because we all benefit from a variety of viewpoints.

I think Kathleen Kennedy has done a great job in making financially and critically successful Star Wars content. Even George Lucas was made out to be a villain when the prequels didn’t meet the expectations of certain people. All those voices are the vocal minority. Star Wars is in an amazing place right now. We have new movies, multiple TV series on the horizon, and tons of books and comics. It’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan!
Thanks given by:
Lee A Stewart (04-13-2021), LeftHandedGuitarist (04-11-2021)
Old 04-13-2021, 05:49 PM   #4774

Apr 2021

This is what happens when a TV Show is better than the Star Wars movies!!!
Old 04-13-2021, 11:53 PM   #4775
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Above the Convenience Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney-2187 View Post
Kennedy gets all the blame when people don’t like something, and none of the credit when they do.

Her job is not a creative one. She is a business woman, and a smart one at that. She’s worked alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. She used that experience to hire people to make new Star Wars content.
My issue with Kennedy is the lapses in the part of the job she's supposed to be good at. She's not a creative person, so no one expects her to step up and fill the George Lucas role in creatively guiding the franchise, but not putting someone in that position for the sequel trilogy was a management failure. The lack of a unified guiding hand was the main problem with the trilogy, not any so-called "agenda."

While I don't think Lord and Miller were the best choices to direct Solo, waiting until production was 80% complete before sacking them was a management failure.
Thanks given by:
Nitroboy (04-15-2021)
Old 05-01-2021, 02:38 PM   #4776
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2014
Glasgow

It was reported a few weeks ago that Rian Johnson says he would love to direct an episode of The Mandalorian.

Old 05-03-2021, 12:33 PM   #4777
Blu-ray Prince

Mar 2008

Thanks given by:
Michael24 (05-03-2021)
Old Today, 02:00 AM   #4778
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009
Pequannock, NJ

I mustve been living under a rock cause i dont ever remember seeing this deepfake.
So in case anyone had the same living accomodations as me....the george voice impression is just incredible.
Theres even other george vids too.

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Tags
jon favreau, live show, star wars