Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$14.63
1 day ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.61

One Piece: Collection 26 (Blu-ray)
$28.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 10-10-2018, 05:13 PM   #41
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

I enjoyed this episode but
[Show spoiler]"the maid did it!"
was a pretty bad and underwhelming way to wrap up the
[Show spoiler]"shadow" mystery.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #42
Power Member

Aug 2009

Eh....3rd episode was the worst of them so far. And yes.....that MAID twist was god awful. I mean.......horrible writing. Unless somehow that is a twist as well
Old 10-13-2018, 02:18 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Another dumb mistake:

Episode 2 and 3 both show the cancer kid’s house refrigerator with all the random refrigerator magnet alphabet letters on it; BUT ALL THE MAGNETS ARE WAAAAY UP AT THE TOP!! Wouldn’t the magnets be down low!? Yes! The answer is yes because I have two boys and the magnets are never up at the top half of a 6’ refrigerator
Old 10-14-2018, 09:00 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
Ashburn, VA

This and New Amsterdam are great. I'll be watching every week.

Usually don't like network stuff.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
I enjoyed this episode but
[Show spoiler]"the maid did it!"
was a pretty bad and underwhelming way to wrap up the
[Show spoiler]"shadow" mystery.
Who says this wraps up
[Show spoiler]the shadow mystery. The kids "family" drawing had a shadow figure drawn on it.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #46
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefSequatchie View Post
Who says this wraps up
[Show spoiler]the shadow mystery. The kids "family" drawing had a shadow figure drawn on it.
Good point. But then
[Show spoiler]why would the maid confess?
Old 10-15-2018, 09:34 PM   #47

Apr 2016
Columbia, SC

Watched ep 1&2 together and enjoyed. I think I'll do the same with 3&4. But yeah, I've always liked the network shows with a scifi mystery going on. They never are that great. But still, enjoyable stories for a while. Daybreak was another one that I really enjoyed. Same time as Flashforward. It was only one season. Oh and Journeyman, wish I could watch that one again.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:34 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
Good point. But then
[Show spoiler]why would the maid confess?
Because she did it. I don't think the shadow and the maid have a connection. It was just a marketing playing to get people to focus on the shadow by implying it maybe going after the passengers. And if they do have a connection, it could be that it was the shadows only way to act. So far, the thing that 'took' them has only ahown to be able to act thru the passengers. The plane blowing up seemed like the thing needed the passengers near the plane in order to cause it blow up. Otherwise, it would have done it without the need to 'call them' to it.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:25 AM   #49
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
Dunlap, TN

Don't Blink! ��
Old 10-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #50
Power Member

Jul 2008

I've watched the first couple of episodes and have been mostly unimpressed. The concept is interesting, but the writing feels flat and dull. I always give these "next-gen" Losts a shot, and rarely end up sticking with them (or they end up getting cancelled.)

Honestly, the look of the show bothers me the most. I hate the flat, shiny cinematography of network dramas, especially one in this realm. I can deal with it with family dramas like This Is Us, but it really detracts here.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2007
Redmond, WA

more episodes coming:

Quote:
‘Manifest’ Gets Order For Three Additional Episodes From NBC

NBC has picked up three episodes of breakout new drama Manifest, bringing the total freshman episode count to 16.

The size of the order, which is below full-season 22 episodes, is not surprising. Shorter-run seasons — between 13 and 18 episodes — have become the norm for heavily serialized broadcast dramas, including NBC’s This Is Us, Fox’s Empire and ABC’s How To Get Away with Murder, whose storytelling needs careful planning and execution.

NBC plans to run original episodes of Manifest continuously in the first quarter of 2019 without any repeats. The missing plane drama joins fellow new NBC drama series New Amsterdam, which also received a back order. For the medical procedural, it was a Back 9 for a full-season 22-episodes.

Manifest is the highest rated new series this fall in adults 18-49 and total viewers. So far, it has averaged a 3.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 17.2 million viewers in L+7. Counting all entertainment programs on broadcast and cable, Manifest ranks #4 in L+7 adult 18-49 averages behind only This Is Us, The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory and #2 in total viewers behind only “Big Bang.” Adding in alternate platform viewing raises the Manifest L+7 18-49 rating to a 5.1.

Manifest stars Melissa Roxburgh, Josh Dallas, Athena Karkanis, J.R. Ramirez, Luna Blaise, Jack Messina and Parveen Kaur. It joins
Old 11-06-2018, 06:59 AM   #52
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Anyone still watching this? It feels like they're moving at a snail's pace because it's a network show and they have to drag things out to fill the episode order. But unlike Lost, there are no interesting character development subplots to carry the load.

The wife started out interesting but I feel like she's turning one-dimensional. People disappeared for five years and never aged! There's a lot of beliefs you have to throw out the window now.

Meanwhile, the one-dimensional federal agent is getting more interesting now that there's a conspiracy and he's not part of it.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:48 AM   #53
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Anyone still watching this? It feels like they're moving at a snail's pace because it's a network show and they have to drag things out to fill the episode order. But unlike Lost, there are no interesting character development subplots to carry the load.

The wife started out interesting but I feel like she's turning one-dimensional. People disappeared for five years and never aged! There's a lot of beliefs you have to throw out the window now.

Meanwhile, the one-dimensional federal agent is getting more interesting now that there's a conspiracy and he's not part of it.
I’ll give it one more episode- then decide if I’m sticking around
Old 11-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Connecticut

Oh boy.. I guess I will have to check it again to see how things are going.. but from what I remember it was slow moving as well.. god good thing I have no commercials on hulu or I would be pissed.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #55
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Agreed. The pacing is so glacial. I am seriously tempted to check-out and just watch the series finale in a few years (or sooner than that if this show doesn't improve).

Quote:
I agree with this too. His character was a complete waste of time until this week.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:23 AM   #56
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
The Big Island

This might be my make or break episode too. For some reason the lead actress annoys me. She always seems like she's one chin quiver away from crying. Her former fiancé must be a sucker for punishment since he always caves to her voices heard and visions that end up getting him in deep doo-doo. Plus, every episode seems to make a big statement via having the kid pop up and look wide-eyed at the camera. Also, could they please lose the hokey songs they use to show the various characters just prior to the cliffhanger?
Old 11-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #57
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoytereden View Post
This might be my make or break episode too. For some reason the lead actress annoys me. She always seems like she's one chin quiver away from crying. Her former fiancé must be a sucker for punishment since he always caves to her voices heard and visions that end up getting him in deep doo-doo. Plus, every episode seems to make a big statement via having the kid pop up and look wide-eyed at the camera. Also, could they please lose the hokey songs they use to show the various characters just prior to the cliffhanger?
Hahaha

Yeah, she’s always “scoffing” like the Kristen Stewart in Twilight. Only closer to crying
Thanks given by:
emw107 (02-01-2019), hoytereden (11-13-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 06:34 PM   #58
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
-
-

Surprisingly, this week's episode was pretty good to me - definitely the best one since the pilot.

Granted, I have significantly lowered expectations now, which probably helps.

But
[Show spoiler]Vance no longer being a one-dimensional "bad guy" is a much-needed development. His terrible character sucked the air out of the room in earlier episodes, so I'm glad they're finally making him more interesting now.
Thanks given by:
eiknarf (11-14-2018)
Old 01-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #59
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2010
The Big Island

Anybody still watching this? Truthfully, I had completely forgotten about it. Part of it was due to the holidays but its mid season finale cliffhanger didn't leave me counting the days till its return. I did watch the new episode and I'd forgotten how slow the pacing is (and I'm a guy who stuck with Shades of Blue! ) Anyway, just thought I'd poke this thread to see if anyone else was still hanging on.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:29 PM   #60
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I need to watch the last two episodes. I have them both DVRed. I'm hoping to catch up this weekend.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows