Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$14.63
1 day ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.61

One Piece: Collection 26 (Blu-ray)
$28.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 06-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

I really enjoyed the last season of Roseanne, especially the last episode and the emotional impact of John Goodman's phenomenal acting as he has to deal with the possibility of losing everything (i.e. money and home) and his conflict with his oldest and closest friend about who to hire for the next job, union workers or illegals. It felt real, well as real as it seems to be. I give the credit to Goodman. Even Roseanne was subdued during these scenes allowing the story to playout for real, rather than for laughs or some sort of bit.

This is why I will definitely be checking out The Conners if it ever truly comes to fruition. There was a lot to this show that dealt with modern issues that most other shows (to my knowledge) have yet to touch.

And just for kicks: maybe Louis Anderson could play Roseanne. I could easily see a more riled up Christine Baskets type in the maternal role. Haha.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:23 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2013

I won't be watching it. And I liked the revival. Without Roseanne in the mix, this show is just another family sitcom with cliche characters. Roseanne Barr made this show, as a female comic back when that still meant something, and as far as I'm concerned ABC ended it.

A shame, as this sitcom reminded me how good these types of shows used to be!
Thanks given by:
banthafett (07-05-2018), Chedwiggen (06-25-2018), flash.over (07-05-2018), JackSkellington (06-27-2018), mikeyfridebuzz (08-31-2018), principehomura (06-25-2018), Scoot79 (07-01-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 06:55 PM   #43
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2016

For everyone saying "I won't be watching it", if you don't have a Nielsen box, it doesn't matter if you watch or not.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #44
Special Member

Oct 2011
Italy

Kicking her out is really low and mean, but it is expected in a system run by sharks.
What really disappointed me is the behaviour of the rest of the cast. I don't say to back her up, but to take part in the lynching and stealing her own show, jeez.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:54 PM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by principehomura View Post
Kicking her out is really low and mean, but it is expected in a system run by sharks.
What really disappointed me is the behaviour of the rest of the cast. I don't say to back her up, but to take part in the lynching and stealing her own show, jeez.
The TV commercial episode where Jackie replaces Roseanne was GREAT foreshadowing.
Thanks given by:
Ruemorgue10 (09-01-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 09:19 PM   #46
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
For everyone saying "I won't be watching it", if you don't have a Nielsen box, it doesn't matter if you watch or not.
I can only speak for my self but I don't care what happens with the ratings any more then I care about the ratings of any other new show coming this fall I'm not interested in.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #47

Jan 2011
Michigan

I'm still very curious especially since the rest of the cast is there. I love Roseanne, but I think you are all mistaken if you think Laurie and/or John are not capable of holding the show. The rest of the cast is hit and miss, but there are still plenty of great moments they had even this season. Plus if they are able to bring back other filler characters, it could still be pretty great.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:29 PM   #48

Jan 2011
Michigan

I think they should air the Halloween episode as the premiere and have them accidentally kill Roseanne. lol I also think that maybe once this blows over if she apologies and enough time goes by, she could eventually come back to the show if it comes back for a season 12. Who knows.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:13 AM   #49
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgeneral View Post
I think they should air the Halloween episode as the premiere and have them accidentally kill Roseanne. lol I also think that maybe once this blows over if she apologies and enough time goes by, she could eventually come back to the show if it comes back for a season 12. Who knows.
Put her in a coma. When she wakes up, she hears Dan's voice. "Rosie?.. Roseanne.." exactly the way she did in Into That Good Night, part 2.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:24 PM   #50
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

I wouldn't be surprised if they have the Roseanne character go off to rehab as a progression from her pain pill addiction storyline that they left off with last season. Killing off her character would make no sense for everyone involved.

The show has the best shot of doing decent ratings if they let Jackie and Dan carry the show. For me, the Darlene character is easily the most unlikable and I have no interest in seeing the show become about her.

Either way, I don't see this show lasting now that the nostalgia factor is officially gone and the show is now on the same level of every other new show fighting for ratings.
Old 06-26-2018, 06:36 PM   #51
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
It absolutely does. The more people that watch it and discuss it helps to generate buzz and positive press.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:08 PM   #52
Special Member

Oct 2011
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm5777 View Post
It absolutely does. The more people that watch it and discuss it helps to generate buzz and positive press.
Exactly, even if I'm sure it will get heavily positive press no matter what.

Anyway, I'm gonna boycott this and every other project the cast is gonna be involved in.
Except Goranson and Fishman, who are excused.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #53

Mar 2018

I used to watch Roseanne. I mean the show from the 90's. Jackie was the best. Becky was my next favorite. The whole cast was good, but those 2 were my favorites, they were best looking too.

I don't think Roseanne should have been fired. People should be able to say their personal opinions. They shouldn't lose their jobs over it. Her comment did seem racist, but some people are like that. Roseanne is an older person too, so it wouldn't be that surprising if she does have some bigoted views. America in decades past was very racist, and it still is really. It's not a reason to fire her, in my opinion.
Thanks given by:
principehomura (07-05-2018)
Old 07-05-2018, 08:07 AM   #54
Special Member

May 2014

Yeah I can’t see this lasting more than a season.
Old 08-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #55
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

At the risk of awakening the usual suspects from their hibernation by bumping the thread, here's some new news. Premieres October 16. To no one's surprise, Goodman is defending She Who Must Not Be Named.

John Goodman hints at Roseanne's (the character) fate in The Conners

John Goodman fell into a depression in the aftermath of Roseanne‘s sudden, controversial cancellation. In his first comments about the sitcom’s demise and subsequent rebirth via The Conners, the actor The Sunday Times that ABC’s decision to pull the plug in response to star Roseanne Barr’s racist tweet left him “brokenhearted,” adding, “But I thought, ‘OK, it’s just show business, I’m going to let it go.’ But I went through a period, about a month, where I was very depressed.

Goodman went on to defend his former leading lady, whose since-delated tweet described ex-Obama aide Valerie Jarrett as the offspring of the “Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes.”

“I know for a fact that she’s not a racist,” he said, before suggesting that he was not entirely supportive of ABC’s decision to cancel the sitcom. “I’ll put it this way, I was surprised at the response. And that’s probably all I should say about it.”

Regarding how spinoff series The Conners (premiering Oct. 16 at 8/7c on ABC) will address Barr’s absence, Goodman said, “It’s an unknown. I guess he’ll be
[Show spoiler]mopey and sad because his wife’s dead.
Thanks given by:
SlayersCouncil (08-31-2018)
Old 08-31-2018, 04:13 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

https://tvline.com/2018/08/28/the-co...f-emma-kenney/

https://tvline.com/2018/08/31/the-co...e-spinoff-abc/

ABC’s Roseanne spinoff has added three more Conners to the mix. TVLine has learned exclusively that Emma Kenney, Ames McNamara and Jayden Rey — aka the grandkids — have officially boarded The Conners as series regulars. They join fellow returning cast members John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Lecy Goranson (Becky) and Michael Fishman (DJ).

...this marks a promotion for Rey (aka DJ’s daughter Mary), who was just a recurring guest star in Season 10.

The network on Friday released a photo from the upcoming Roseanne offshoot’s first table read, which features all of the sitcom’s principal actors — except Barr, of course, who will not be involved in the comedy at all following the racist tweet that led to her firing.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:27 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post
At the risk of awakening the usual suspects from their hibernation by bumping the thread, here's some new news. Premieres October 16. To no one's surprise, Goodman is defending She Who Must Not Be Named.

John Goodman hints at Roseanne's (the character) fate in The Conners

John Goodman fell into a depression in the aftermath of Roseanne‘s sudden, controversial cancellation. In his first comments about the sitcom’s demise and subsequent rebirth via The Conners, the actor The Sunday Times that ABC’s decision to pull the plug in response to star Roseanne Barr’s racist tweet left him “brokenhearted,” adding, “But I thought, ‘OK, it’s just show business, I’m going to let it go.’ But I went through a period, about a month, where I was very depressed.

Goodman went on to defend his former leading lady, whose since-delated tweet described ex-Obama aide Valerie Jarrett as the offspring of the “Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes.”

“I know for a fact that she’s not a racist,” he said, before suggesting that he was not entirely supportive of ABC’s decision to cancel the sitcom. “I’ll put it this way, I was surprised at the response. And that’s probably all I should say about it.”

Regarding how spinoff series The Conners (premiering Oct. 16 at 8/7c on ABC) will address Barr’s absence, Goodman said, “It’s an unknown. I guess he’ll be
[Show spoiler]mopey and sad because his wife’s dead.
[Show spoiler]I honestly didn't expect killing Roseanne off permanently would be the road they would embrace. Seems the network really did a 180 on her with no chance of forgiveness down the road.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:38 PM   #58
Power Member

Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind

Trainwreck.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooldud View Post
Trainwreck.
She is.

But thankfully, they've kicked her to the curb where she belongs.

[Show spoiler]

Ahem. First teaser:

Thanks given by:
Region_unlocked (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 01:48 PM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post
She is.

But thankfully, they've kicked her to the curb where she belongs.

[Show spoiler]

Ahem. First teaser:

The Conners - Premieres TUESDAY Oct 16 8|7c - YouTube
more like Constipation, constipation.....
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows