Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 hr ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
1 day ago
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.54
23 hrs ago
Star Trek: Enterprise - Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.48
10 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Ahiru no Sora (Blu-ray)
$89.99
17 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 04-12-2019, 05:58 AM   #21
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
While I do plan to subscribe to Disney+, my hope/concern is that these new MCU connected shows get physical Blu-Ray releases sometime down the road. I just like having all of the MCU in a physical form, and that includes the connected TV shows.
Sadly I think Disney is pretty much done with any TV on BD in the US, unless maybe Star Wars Resistance gets a BD release, because Once Upon A Time ended and those and Star Wars was the only properties that was still getting BD support with random Marvel Netflix releases that nobody knew about until a month or so before they actually came out... Marvel releases have seemingly been abandoned all together now because the last thing to be released was Luke Cage s1 in December 2017, so we're still missing Jessica Jones s2, Daredevil s3, Iron Fist s1 and 2, The Defenders, and Punisher s1 and 2... Runaways and Cloak & Dagger never got a physical release either. The UK seemed to be going strong and everybody was relying on them but so far the only thing they've kept up with is Agents of SHIELD, which even then took a while, and all the Netflix shows stopped after Iron Fist s1. If Disney won't release those, I don't see them releasing these new ones either because then they'll think people won't need to subscribe every month to see them.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/searc...leasetimestamp
Old 04-12-2019, 06:04 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
Knowhere

Can't wait for this!
Old 04-12-2019, 06:40 AM   #23
Power Member

Feb 2011

Better quality image of the logo.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #24
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

This is definitely the show I'm most looking forward to that they've announced, both these characters are two of my favourites so I'm thrilled they're going to get more focus in this. Hopefully they have Disney+ available locally because I'd subscribe just to get this show alone.

And I love the design of the logo, they did a great job with it.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #25
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

‘John Wick’ Creator Derek Kolstad Boards Marvel’s ‘Falcon and the Winter Soldier’ Limited Series (Exclusive)
Old 07-11-2019, 01:10 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMox81 View Post

Better quality image of the logo.
Is that logo recent?

Iíve been expecting the series to change itís name in the wake Avengers Endgame.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:25 PM   #27
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

"
[Show spoiler]Captain America and the Winter Soldier
" is basically the same as "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

They need to keep it as "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" to differentiate it from the movie.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #28
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

I thought Bucky doesn't go by the moniker of "Winter Soldier" anymore?

The last he was called that was in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Should be titled "The Adventures of Bucky & Falcon."
Old 07-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #29
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
I thought Bucky doesn't go by the moniker of "Winter Soldier" anymore?

The last he was called that was in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Should be titled "The Adventures of Bucky & Falcon."
I prefer "Bucky and Sam's Excellent Adventure"
Thanks given by:
Doomsday Clock (07-12-2019), jayman3 (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 02:56 PM   #30

Apr 2018
UK

*Cap and White Wolf though, surely??
Old 07-11-2019, 07:14 PM   #31
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersCouncil View Post
I prefer "Bucky and Sam's Excellent Adventure"
"Bam! The Unlikely Adventures of Bucky and Sam"

([B]ucky and S[am])
Old 07-12-2019, 04:12 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
"
[Show spoiler]Captain America and the Winter Soldier
" is basically the same as "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

They need to keep it as "Falcon and the Winter Soldier" to differentiate it from the movie.
Really? Canít people tell the difference between a series and a movie?

If Sam is now Captain America then he is Captain America, not the Falcon.

Therefore Sam is still going to be Falcon in this series - meaning it is set prior to Infinity War/Endgame or immediately after Endgame and Sam does not assume the role of Cap until near the end of the series.

As I type this Iím thinking of the party scene in Age of Ultron. Am I correct that in the conversation between Steve and Sam it is mentioned that Sam has been operating solo looking for Bucky?

Maybe the show is turning back the clock to that time period?
Old 07-12-2019, 04:56 AM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfTheForest View Post
Really? Canít people tell the difference between a series and a movie?

If Sam is now Captain America then he is Captain America, not the Falcon.

Therefore Sam is still going to be Falcon in this series - meaning it is set prior to Infinity War/Endgame or immediately after Endgame and Sam does not assume the role of Cap until near the end of the series.

As I type this Iím thinking of the party scene in Age of Ultron. Am I correct that in the conversation between Steve and Sam it is mentioned that Sam has been operating solo looking for Bucky?

Maybe the show is turning back the clock to that time period?
I was thinking it would probably be set at a different time, Loki is as well isn't it?

I may be wrong, but didn't Sam operate as Cap and Falcon in the comics?
Old 07-12-2019, 06:19 AM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin87 View Post
I was thinking it would probably be set at a different time, Loki is as well isn't it?

I may be wrong, but didn't Sam operate as Cap and Falcon in the comics?
Iím not an expert in the comics - so Sam switches between being Cap and Falcon?

Still the Captain America would seem like a bigger draw for an audience so Iím guessing it isnít called Captain America because he wot be Captain America in the show. So it will either be set in the recent past or immediately after Endgame and end with Sam revealing fulling becoming Captain America.

I think there is publicity image I make of Loki in the í80s but Iím assuming he will able to time travel or at least as normal until he is eventually back in the present - assuming he and Thor will do another movie.

On the subject of Samís future - is he a strong enough personality to carry a Captain America solo movie or will Cap just be part of the Avengers from now on?
Old 07-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #35
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Looks like it's definitely set post-Endgame.

Director Kari Skogland On ĎThe Loudest Voiceís Cautionary Tale, Marvelís ĎFalcon & Winter Soldierí & More
Quote:
Iím definitely looking forward to that one and also ďFalcon & Winter Soldier,Ē which is coming out next year on Disney+. Youíve directed in the MCU before with ďThe Punisher,Ē but how will this show differ in style and tone, and what will the story focus on post-ďEndgame?Ē

As you can imagine, I can tell you almost nothing, [laughter] because itís all a closely-guarded secret for the sake of everybody enjoying the nice surprise of what weíre cooking up. But it is going to be a wonderful and wild ride. As you know, at the end of ĎEndgame,í the shield was passed to Anthony Mackie. Now, we will go on that ride with him and see where that takes us.

And thatís about as much as I can tell you at this point. But I can say it will be jam-packed with all the things that the MCU is known for, which is not just the drama but also the wonderful action that we do. What Iím thrilled about is that as a female, Iím working with Kevin Feige and Nate Moore and Zoe Nagelman, all of whom are on the feature side, and we are making a six-hour feature. The MCU universe is so inclusive and so diverse in how they see the world. Theyíre very forward-thinking, and Iím very proud to be part of telling their stories.
Thanks given by:
Star Lord (07-12-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 12:21 PM   #36
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
I’m not an expert in the comics - so Sam switches between being Cap and Falcon?

Still the Captain America would seem like a bigger draw for an audience so I’m guessing it isn’t called Captain America because he wot be Captain America in the show. So it will either be set in the recent past or immediately after Endgame and end with Sam revealing fulling becoming Captain America.

I think there is publicity image I make of Loki in the ’80s but I’m assuming he will able to time travel or at least as normal until he is eventually back in the present - assuming he and Thor will do another movie.

On the subject of Sam’s future - is he a strong enough personality to carry a Captain America solo movie or will Cap just be part of the Avengers from now on?
You're overthinking it. Sam Wilson is still most commonly known as Falcon. I know everyone and their grandmother saw Endgame but it's only been out for a few months (and this show was announced pre-Endgame IIRC) so they're just keeping it as Falcon in order to make sure people know it's Sam Wilson and the Winter Soldier, not that Steve Rogers is suddenly coming back.

As for the title -- I agree that people should be able to tell the difference, but Disney is likely erring on the side of an abundance of caution with their new streaming platform and everything related to it.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #37
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

Quote:
I believe so. If I recall correctly, Sam told Steve he had somebody looking for Bucky. Or Sam said he knew of a guy that could help him. I believe he meant Ant-Man, right??
Old 07-12-2019, 12:45 PM   #38
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberrygt View Post
I believe so. If I recall correctly, Sam told Steve he had somebody looking for Bucky. Or Sam said he knew of a guy that could help him. I believe he meant Ant-Man, right??
The Ant-Man thing happens when Steve and Sam capture Bucky in Civil War, and they need help to fend off Iron Man/the government coming after them. We hadn't even met Ant-Man when Age of Ultron came out (Ant-Man 1 was the movie immediately after AoU).

But yeah, I think Sam was helping Steve look for Bucky in the interim between Winter Soldier and Age of Ultron.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberrygt View Post
What the guy says above - Ant-Man occurs after Age of Ultron.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:32 PM   #40
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Sam Wilsonís Captain America was originally going to be revealed in Spider-Man: Far From Home but was later scrapped.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows