Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$14.63
1 day ago
His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.61

One Piece: Collection 26 (Blu-ray)
$28.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 04-12-2021, 04:34 AM   #761

May 2020
Canada

All caught up now.

[Show spoiler]
[Show spoiler]Zemo giving candy to kids gave me flashbacks to this:
Old 04-12-2021, 08:48 AM   #762

Jun 2020

I really do wish this Zemo was the one we saw in Civil War. In CW he came across as a nobody who came out of nowhere and just happened to know exactly what to do to push everyone buttons. Which i always felt a little disjointed. If we just had 2-3 scene of him letting us know who he actually was and how he came to know what to do would have fleshed out CW considerably.
Old 04-12-2021, 03:04 PM   #763
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

so, somewhere in space, Rocket Raccoon saw one key event that happened in last weeks episode and says:

[Show spoiler]

Thanks given by:
bell_packet (04-12-2021), Creed (04-12-2021), doctorD (04-13-2021), RageATL (04-12-2021), sandman slim (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:07 PM   #764
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

For me, Walker is a call back to Captain America: The First Avenger. Had Colonel Chester Phillips had his way and was allowed to give the serum to Gilmore Hodge, we would have seen something similar happen with him. Dr. Abraham Erskine, having experienced of how much more evil Johann Schmidt (Red Skull) became after getting the serum, knew that the serum should be given to a good PERSON instead of just a good SOLDIER. We've already seen this before with Emil Blonsky. Blonsky, by all accounts, was a decent human being, but he was first and foremost a soldier. He must have lacked the qualities Erskine saw in Steve Rogers. For Blonsky, the power went straight to his head and amplified the worst things about him, making him - as he put it - a "monster" (then literally a monster after having Samuel Sterns mix in Bruce Banner's Gamma radiated blood). John Walker had too many flaws and an unnatural desire to prove himself. Steve Rogers never wanted to prove anything to anyone; he just wanted to help and "stop bullies".
James "Bucky" Barnes, while not as pure as Steve, is different. The power hasn't corrupted him because, ever since he has gotten his mind back, it is clear he doesn't want this power.

As other people have mentioned before, John Walker finding the vial of serum and showing up not long thereafter as a super soldier feels like it makes some continuity errors. Though different nearly every time it is administered, it has never been just as easy as taking the serum and, BOOM, you got super powers without any side-affects or recovery time. Sure, Dr. Nagal could have made some changes that made it just a one-shot and you are done sort of thing, but it feels a little too Deus Ex Machina.
Thanks given by:
bell_packet (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #765
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
Knowhere

Thanks given by:
BerryTheMusicMan (04-15-2021), John1701D (04-12-2021), solarrdadd (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 04:45 PM   #766
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

^ Well that video last few seconds has us all interested. Oh the possibilities of what that entails.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 05:33 PM   #767
Blu-ray Knight

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Between WandaVision, this and soon Loki, I might just have to break down and get D+ after all.
Old 04-12-2021, 06:00 PM   #768
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
My guess is the end of Episode 6.
Sam Doesn't deserve it. I wanna see Bucky beat the absolute shit out of Walker and become Cap. He's the only one that understands the legacy and power of the shield. Sam already threw away and tried to hide from it.
Thanks given by:
Outlander (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 06:06 PM   #769
Special Member

Nov 2010
Rhode Island

The only negative I have with the show so far, is the portrayal of John Walker. Only Lemar Hoskins respects him as a soldier. Sam and Bucky treat him like an incompetent man that has no military training whatsoever. Sam and Bucky act like Walker wanted to be Captain America, but I think the government instead thrusted that image upon him and he reluctantly took on the responsibility because his country asked him to.

I could be mistaken on when the conversation occurred,
[Show spoiler]but I thought after Walker had already grabbed the serum, he and Hoskins were sitting at a table talking. Walker asked Hoskins if he would take the serum if given the opportunity, and Hoskins didnít hesitate that he would. Walker had a look as if he still wasnít sure if he would do it. I thought it was pretty clear, that Walker didnít take the serum until after he realized Hoskins was taken by the Flag Smashers. There was seemingly nothing Walker wouldnít do to help his friend. Was I the only person wondering why Sam and Bucky didnít try to stop Walker, and instead just watched?
Thanks given by:
BerryTheMusicMan (04-15-2021), Chedwiggen (04-12-2021), Mikezilla3k (04-13-2021), thegodfather1129 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 06:21 PM   #770
Expert Member

May 2020
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
so, somewhere in space, Rocket Raccoon saw one key event that happened in last weeks episode and says:

[Show spoiler]

I thought after the snap, his arm was staying behind, and we see Rocket pick it up. Missed opportunity there!
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 06:42 PM   #771
Power Member

Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creed View Post
Third paragraph, Walker definitely has some form of PTSD, and along with the pressure of him trying to be a good CA, and virtually everyone not caring about him, I can see why it took a toll on him.
I'm liking Wyatt Russell in this but I'm not finding his story all that interesting because it feels like it was already done in Jessica Jones with Will Simpson.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:03 PM   #772
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blu View Post
The only negative I have with the show so far, is the portrayal of John Walker. Only Lemar Hoskins respects him as a soldier. Sam and Bucky treat him like an incompetent man that has no military training whatsoever. Sam and Bucky act like Walker wanted to be Captain America, but I think the government instead thrusted that image upon him and he reluctantly took on the responsibility because his country asked him to.

[Show spoiler]but I thought after Walker had already grabbed the serum, he and Hoskins were sitting at a table talking. Walker asked Hoskins if he would take the serum if given the opportunity, and Hoskins didnít hesitate that he would. Walker had a look as if he still wasnít sure if he would do it. I thought it was pretty clear, that Walker didnít take the serum until after he realized Hoskins was taken by the Flag Smashers. There was seemingly nothing Walker wouldnít do to help his friend. Was I the only person wondering why Sam and Bucky didnít try to stop Walker, and instead just watched?

responding to your spoiler about Walker.

[Show spoiler]it was either what you said about the timing of his taking it or he did already take it and was hoping for a reassuring answer from Hoskins to confirm he did the right thing by taking it.

every time he was stopped by superpowered beings, he was reminded that he was just a well trained soldier and he couldn't win against them. he also had the chip of things that happened, remember what he and Hoskins talked about. John has a lot of regret buried not so deeply within him. he also has PTSD. what was the last few things that happened to him before he took the serum, he got his ass whooped by Ayo (and boy did he), Karli stopped him from taking her into custody, Bucky stopped him from going to get Karli before the 10 minutes was up.

he has a lot of the tools to be cap, but, no super abilities to back it up. remember, "they weren't even super soldiers" (and i got my ass whooped by women again). if you look back, a couple of times his hand is twitching, after he kills the flagsmasher, they focus on his hand twitching again. John is troubled for sure and the serum is going to allow that to come to the surface.
Thanks given by:
SlayersCouncil (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 08:08 PM   #773
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008
Wakanda

Wait so there are only 6 total episodes???
Old 04-12-2021, 08:47 PM   #774
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009

Yes, there's only six episodes, so I'm wondering how they'll wrap this all up in that time tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Blu View Post

[Show spoiler]Sam and Bucky have no reason to respect him? Respect isn't given freely, it's earned. Steve earned the respect he got from his actions, Walker took on the shield after the government lied to Sam's face about what was going to happen. They stuck it in the museum for three seconds and then announced a new Cap shortly after without even hinting to Sam that it was going to happen. Hence the mistrust and dislike.

I didn't get the impression that the government forced him to be Cap, he had to go through tests and he says himself that this feels like the first right thing he's done, and implies that he did horrible things to get the medals he did. So he became Cap because he saw the mantle as a symbol of good and he wanted to do good things to make up for what happened in Afghanistan. So I definitely feel for him, he did this with the best intentions, but it just goes to show how difficult it is to actually be Cap, and it can't just be anyone. It comes back to Erskine's "Good man, not a perfect soldier".

He took the serum before he and Lemar went to find the Flag Smashers at the end, you can tell because that's when he bends the pipe. Hard to say if he takes it before or after the discussion about whether Lemar would take it, but he definitely has it at the end before Lemar gets kidnapped.

If you're talking about the end where Bucky and Sam just look at him, he'd already killed the dude at that point. Unless you mean just after Lemar had been killed, in which case they went running after the Flag Smashers to try to apprehend them.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:58 PM   #775
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersCouncil View Post
Sure, Dr. Nagal could have made some changes that made it just a one-shot and you are done sort of thing, but it feels a little too Deus Ex Machina.
In Ep. 3 Nagel says no more clunky machines, no more jacked up bodies. He said it was subtle, optimized, and perfect. I don't recall Karli and her people talking about pain or side effects, but it sounds like that's what he was able to accomplish
Thanks given by:
SlayersCouncil (04-12-2021)
Old 04-12-2021, 09:09 PM   #776
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjasoncul View Post
In Ep. 3 Nagel says no more clunky machines, no more jacked up bodies. He said it was subtle, optimized, and perfect. I don't recall Karli and her people talking about pain or side effects, but it sounds like that's what he was able to accomplish
Thanks. I must have missed that part.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:50 PM   #777
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayersCouncil View Post
As other people have mentioned before, John Walker finding the vial of serum and showing up not long thereafter as a super soldier feels like it makes some continuity errors. Though different nearly every time it is administered, it has never been just as easy as taking the serum and, BOOM, you got super powers without any side-affects or recovery time.
Steve did. Came out of the machine tall & ripped, went straight into chasing the saboteur barefoot thru the streets.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:40 PM   #778
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2008
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthvaderrocks View Post
So far, the series hasn't been that good but i do like what they did with Zemo.

Great casting, for the best villain in the MCU.
By far the most interesting character in this show. I don't even remember him from Civil War.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #779
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011
Katy, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
Steve did. Came out of the machine tall & ripped, went straight into chasing the saboteur barefoot thru the streets.
Yes, but he wasn't just one shot and done. It was a whole ordeal with a team of scientists, multiple injection points administered simultaneously, a giant containment pod, and Stark controlling the addition of Vita-Rays. My point was, up until now, it hasn't been as easy as giving yourself a single shot from a syringe and suddenly you are a super soldier.

I kind of thought it would be much longer and painful process like the flashbacks in Captain America: Civil War where Hydra was making more Winter Soldiers. Of course, as was pointed out to me yesterday, I missed a bit of dialog from Dr. Nagal that explained this away.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:11 PM   #780
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia
Default Well, Damn!

kinda speaks for itself, don't it?!?
Thanks given by:
RageATL (04-14-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows