Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
4 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99
1 day ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96
1 day ago
Westworld: Season One 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.65
2 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Star Trek: Enterprise - Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.48
14 hrs ago
Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.54
1 day ago
Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 08-15-2019, 06:45 PM   #41

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
Star Wars Rumor: Could Ewan McGregor's Return as Obi-Wan Be Revealed at D23?

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...s-disney-plus/
Can't decide between

or

Thanks given by:
Mikezilla3k (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 06:58 PM   #42
Banned

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
Their service is pathetic? Are you serious? There are some amazing looking shows coming to it. Sign me up day one.
shows that should have been MOVIES instead released in THEATERS.
Thanks given by:
banthafett (08-17-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 07:09 PM   #43
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Who cares whether it's an Obi-Wan movie or TV series. With a television series, I figure we're getting a two to three movie trilogy in a single eight-episode season. But, I can hazard it a guess that Ewan is signed on for more than a single season. This is good news. My guess? The mechanical c-star is R2-D2. But, please. No agenda politics in the series. I don't want to see a repeat of The Last Jedi or Solo. Every time I hear an announcement from Lucasfilm over a new movie, a new movie trilogy or a new TV series, it practically sounds like a cringe-fest. Long as it's good writing, decent acting and no agenda-driven storylines, I'm all game.

I'm still hyped over The Mandalorian TV series. I'm just hoping that they drop all episodes on same day. I can only binge-watch TV shows. I take no word yet on what that Rogue One spinoff series is called yet or what it's about? I wouldn't mind seeing Jyn in that series.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #44
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2017
Knowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
shit!! would have hoped for MOVIES. This Disney+ is just pissing me off. We could have had so many good movies yet these idiots at Disney wanna pimp their pathetic Streaming program instead.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #45
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
No agenda politics in the series.
You do know that having men be the stars of movies and TV shows is ALSO a political agenda, right? "Agendas" are not exclusive to representing people who aren't white, male, or straight.

Social norms are NOT apolitical.

Last edited by Hardback247; 08-15-2019 at 07:36 PM.
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 07:36 PM   #46
Banned

Mar 2011
Alaska

Quote:
shit!! would have hoped for MOVIES. This Disney+ is just pissing me off. We could have had so many good movies yet these idiots at Disney wanna pimp their pathetic Streaming program instead.
Ever take any business classes? Even one?
Thanks given by:
Star Lord (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 08:10 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2010
Alabama

Quote:
forget it the disney regime will not release their shows from D+ on Blu-Ray.
It COULD happen but I personally don't think it will. Disney was only releasing OUAT, Netflix Marvel shows, and the Star Wars animated stuff on BD. I could MAYBE see them putting MCU and Star Wars on BD but on the other hand those are their big franchises and might use them to drive D+ for a while.... and Disney doesn't even support TV on BD for shows that are on TV much less what you'd have to subscribe to.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:29 PM   #48
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2013
TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsounoriginal View Post
How do we know their service is pathetic when it hasn't even launched yet? lol
Because internet, of course.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #49
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2010
New York City, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
But, please. No agenda politics in the series. I don't want to see a repeat of The Last Jedi or Solo. Long as it's good writing, decent acting and no agenda-driven storylines, I'm all game.
Your straight white maleness is showing.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:51 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha
My guess? The mechanical c-star is R2-D2.
Except that would make no sense at all.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:59 PM   #51
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
They need to get Portman back too. We all know she faked her death and ran off with Obi to Tatoine, where they gave birth to one of Reyís junk trader parents until she died when Leia was 2.
Rey's parents were her parents the way the Kents were Superman's parents.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:04 PM   #52
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

I don't care about Rey anymore. They dun f***'d up in The Last Jedi.

Last edited by CyberpunkCentral; 08-15-2019 at 10:07 PM.
Thanks given by:
Harry GŁchenschlong (08-15-2019), PegasusKenshiro (08-15-2019), s2mikey (08-16-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #53
Power Member

Aug 2014
TN

Either Mechanical Maul or more Grievous.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:24 PM   #54
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Upstate, NY

When would this take place if they make the movie? To me that’s critical for it to be even remotely interesting. If it’s clone wars related then it has some potential. If it takes place after episode 3 one has to wonder WTF it’s going to be about and why anyone would give a rats fanny.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012

I wouldn't mind if they even remade the night desert fight with Maul for live-action.
Thanks given by:
Havenbull (08-16-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 10:04 PM   #56

Nov 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikey View Post
When would this take place if they make the movie? To me thatís critical for it to be even remotely interesting. If itís clone wars related then it has some potential. If it takes place after episode 3 one has to wonder WTF itís going to be about and why anyone would give a rats fanny.
It would probably take place after Episode III, considering there's nearly 20 years of potential stories for the character.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #57
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

Hello there!
Thanks given by:
aiman04 (08-19-2019), Lovemy3D (11-23-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 10:40 PM   #58

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jack View Post
Donít know for sure but it has got to involve butthurt Last Jedi haters not being able to shut up about how that movie ruined their lives.
Too bad the movie is absolutely terrible.
Thanks given by:
TheBlayman (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 11:01 PM   #59
Banned

Mar 2011
Alaska

I’m still trying to figure out how Solo was so Pc...it just wasn’t that interesting.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:48 PM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Quote:
Seriously? While I admit that the streaming service industry is going to eventually implode on itself, the industry is actually cannibalizing the subscription TV service. But, I think all of these studios are cutting off their hands to spite their face. While Disney+ will start off running out of the gate, with many subscribers curious about their streaming service model, I also believe that they will end up seeing diminishing subscribers as time goes by.

Take a look at what happened to CBS All Access. They recorded record signups but that people would wait until a full season of Star Trek or The Good Fight would release, pay for the subscription for one month, binge-watch, and then cancel until the next season of their favorite shows. Disney is going to end up facing the same problem.

I think they will be a large number of initial subscribers. Then, about 3-6 months down the line, the newness of their service will evaporate and then those subscribers who are only interested in one or two shows will end up waiting until the full season is released and then only sign up for that month to watch the entire series. Try as these many services might, and complain as much as these directors complain about binge-watchers ruining new TV shows (Joss Whedon is an outspoken critic of binge-watching), the fact is, Netflix kinid of destroyed the streaming services by dumping all episodes of a new season all at once.

Take a series like The Mandalorian, which if you watch week to week, you're going to pay for at least 3-4 months of service. Wait until all of the episodes are released, and you pay for maybe one month of service. Even DC Universe has learned this lesson about TV series fans wanting all of the episodes of a season in one drop. YouTube Red even drops all of the episodes in one batch. If these streaming services wanted to stick with a week to week, one episode per week, release schedule, then they should just stick with traditional television programming.

I hate to say it, but the reality is, streaming services cannot act like they are a television network. Because, they aren't. In the end, these services are at the mercy of consumers.

Quote:
forget it the disney regime will not release their shows from D+ on Blu-Ray.
Really! Disney will release their Disney+ shows on home video. It's an additional form of revenue for the studio and they are unwilling to give up on that. The average consumer still wants to own a physical copy of their favorite movies and television shows. I would actually be shocked if Disney refused to release them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiTrentKenobi View Post
I'm happy with Disney+'s content announcements so far, I won't complain about more Star Wars. As long as they also release these series on Bluray I will be happy. I can't rely on internet connection all the time, so I need physical media in addition.
That just proves my point that consumers still prefer to own the physical media of their favorite movies and television shows than to rely on digital streaming that they pay for but they can never own. The various Star Wars shows exclusive to Disney+ will eventually be released to home video after they enjoy a three month run on Disney+. I know if Obi-Wan, The Mandalorian are released, they would be first day purchases for me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows