Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

A Perfect Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.75

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$47.98
16 hrs ago
Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Watch (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

B: The Beginning: Season One (Blu-ray)
$73.49
14 hrs ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Hajime No Ippo the Fighting! Fighting Spirit Collection 02 (Blu-ray)
$42.49
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 04-10-2019, 09:00 PM   #41
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
10 episodes is surprising. I was expecting 6 episodes like Fear and the first season of TWD received.
eight at the most, ten is pushing it...
Old 04-11-2019, 07:19 PM   #42
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMkLg068426 View Post
And now two cast members from FTWD supposedly returning and another one from TWD will join the cast ehh what a ****ing mess.
Yeah. I was looking forward to Season 4 after I binged the previous three seasons (was never a fan of Fear). Only to be letdown with the direction Fear Season 4 went in. Damn Gimple ruining shows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
eight at the most, ten is pushing it...
Yes. Keep the main series at 16 episodes and the spin-off series at 8. Would be perfect.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:35 PM   #43
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (12-10-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 10:46 PM   #44
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Could be interesting. Anything is better than Fear, right?
Thanks given by:
glennstl (10-08-2019)
Old 10-05-2019, 11:40 PM   #45
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Wow. So glad Iím done with these shows
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 PM   #46
Banned

Aug 2018

It looks very political and

[Show spoiler]

Last edited by scifisuperfan; 10-06-2019 at 12:02 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:15 AM   #47
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Is this AMC or CW? Get ready expect this series also to get a reboot after 3 seasons like FTWD and ruin it also. Seriously just bring back Into the Badlands or shows like Breaking Bad heck where is Better Call Saul.

TWD is the only zombie show that is still so so good even with many of the original casts leaving but come this spin-offs are terrible. AMC wants to drag TWD universe to its grave. How about a spin-off that concludes the series by explanation of what caused the zombie outbreak and how humanity once more took over.
Thanks given by:
glennstl (10-08-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 03:23 AM   #48
Power Member

Oct 2018
somewhere

Doesn't look good
Old 10-06-2019, 05:23 AM   #49
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifisuperfan View Post

[Show spoiler]
Whatís political about teenage kids growing up and discovering who they are in a zombie apocalypse
Thanks given by:
Todd Tomorrow (10-06-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #50
Banned

Aug 2018

Quote:
Whatís political about teenage kids growing up and discovering who they are in a zombie apocalypse
Look again!!!
Old 10-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #51
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Look again!!!
If you canít provide an answer, than there isnít anything political about it.

This show is literally a bunch of teens surviving out in the apocalypse. How thatís political is beyond me.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:27 PM   #52
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMkLg068426 View Post
Is this AMC or CW? Get ready expect this series also to get a reboot after 3 seasons like FTWD and ruin it also. Seriously just bring back Into the Badlands or shows like Breaking Bad heck where is Better Call Saul.

TWD is the only zombie show that is still so so good even with many of the original casts leaving but come this spin-offs are terrible. AMC wants to drag TWD universe to its grave. How about a spin-off that concludes the series by explanation of what caused the zombie outbreak and how humanity once more took over.
I feel the same way. 10 seasons of TWD, 5 seasons of Fear, and now this new series. The comics ended and I want the show to end too. Hopefully TWD can close out after 12 seasons. I canít (donít want) see this hitting 20 seasons like producers are saying.
Old 10-06-2019, 06:46 PM   #53
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

I'm not understanding where there is anything political in that trailer.
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (10-07-2019)
Old 10-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #54
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Quote:

[Show spoiler]

????????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trolled-police.jpg (60.8 KB, 13 views)
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (10-07-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 03:10 AM   #55
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
I'm not understanding where there is anything political in that trailer.
A young, diverse cast = extremely threatening/political to some people. Similar to how people freaked out when the TWD/FTWD added gay, Muslim, and disabled characters in recent seasons.

Seriously though, it just looks terrible. Not political, just really stupid. It really does look like a CW show, not TWD.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #56
Banned

Aug 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
A young, diverse cast = extremely threatening/political to some people. Similar to how people freaked out when the TWD/FTWD added gay, Muslim, and disabled characters in recent seasons.

Seriously though, it just looks terrible. Not political, just really stupid. It really does look like a CW show, not TWD.
Thank you very much. And yes, besides looking terrible it looks very PC.

But i wouldnt bother for a TWD spinoff to go full Warm Bodies and focus only on zombie characters. Maybe adding Teresa Palmer wouldnt be a bad idea as a love interest of some zombies. Or a full LGBT zombie. Who knows, So many ideas better than this predictable crap!!!

Last edited by scifisuperfan; 10-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:12 PM   #57
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post

Quote:
Thank you very much. And yes, besides looking terrible it looks very PC.

But i wouldnt bother for a TWD spinoff to go full Warm Bodies and focus only on zombie characters. Maybe adding Teresa Palmer wouldnt be a bad idea as a love interest of some zombies. Or a full LGBT zombie. Who knows, So many ideas better than this predictable crap!!!
The world is full of diverse people and many different cultures living together. You see it in your life every day. Are you telling me that you choose not to watch a show with a diverse (realistic) cast because it's "political?"

Let me guess, you'd rather escape that reality by watching a show with an all white cast.

If so, truly shows how xenophobic a lot of people are on these forums.
Thanks given by:
Maccadinho25 (12-03-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 11:45 PM   #58
Banned

Aug 2018

Quote:
The world is full of diverse people and many different cultures living together. You see it in your life every day. Are you telling me that you choose not to watch a show with a diverse (realistic) cast because it's "political?"

Let me guess, you'd rather escape that reality by watching a show with an all white cast.

If so, truly shows how xenophobic a lot of people are on these forums.
Why does it need to be "white". Why not "all black" or "all asian".

When i watch an asian horror movie i dont want white people appearing there just because its PC or wtv crap. Its not REALISTIC at all!!!!!!!

Again jayman, whatever you are, this racism you see in every word you read is all in your head!!!

I will always be against something inaccurate just to please PC stuff. It will make the show or movie forgettable and pointless. This spinoff will be pointless, forgettable and very predictable without anykind of opportunity for creativity if they know what that means, Nowadays who knows...

PS:But I would be into a TWD spinoff on India or China. Hell i loved that Korean Zombie Show that was on netflix several months ago. It was Something different and yes they were all asians because guess what, realistically speaking, there were no white or black people around in Korea in that century. But anyways i understand your attitude towards me. Pun intended!!!

Last edited by scifisuperfan; 10-07-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:16 AM   #59
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Why does it need to be "white". Why not "all black" or "all asian".

When i watch an asian horror movie i dont want white people appearing there just because its PC or wtv crap. Its not REALISTIC at all!!!!!!!

Again jayman, whatever you are, this racism you see in every word you read is all in your head!!!

I will always be against something inaccurate just to please PC stuff. It will make the show or movie forgettable and pointless. This spinoff will be pointless, forgettable and very predictable without anykind of opportunity for creativity if they know what that means, Nowadays who knows...

PS:But I would be into a TWD spinoff on India or China. Hell i loved that Korean Zombie Show that was on netflix several months ago. It was Something different and yes they were all asians because guess what, realistically speaking, there were no white or black people around in Korea in that century. But anyways i understand your attitude towards me. Pun intended!!!
But it's not inaccurate portrayal of society if the American culture is made up of multiple ethnicities spread across a variety of demographics

The same applies to those that complained about Spider-Man: Homecoming because it had a diverse cast of characters. Clearly, they never stepped foot in Queens.

Oh, and if you're interested in a TWD spinoff taking place in China, check out the novel The Walking Dead: Typhoon. It's written by Wesley Chow and focuses on the Chinese in how they reacted to the zombie apocalypse.

Quote:
The narrative follows Zhu and Elena, resourceful members of Wind Team, the crews responsible for rounding up supplies and scrounging for materials needed to rebuild and sustain their settlement called the Beacon of Light.

Elena was marooned in China during the cataclysmic walker outbreak, and she hopes for news of her Texas home while adapting to life in a foreign land as millions of mindless undead wander the countryside. Meanwhile, Zhu discovers survivors from his family village hiding in the woods; he must choose between his passion for Elena, loyalty to the Beacon, and his dedication to family and friends.

Hengyen, the hardened chief of the Beacon of Light's security force, locates the biggest group of walkers ever amassed: a 1,000,000-strong typhoon quickly bearing down on the compound. Formulating a bold plan, he bravely leads survivors into the greatest battle of their lives amid clashing ideals and brutal confrontations to save humankind.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:52 AM   #60
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL
Default The Walking Dead: World Beyond

Thanks given by:
Comicfan (11-25-2019), Lovemy3D (12-10-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows