Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$24.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$39.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$79.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$23.06

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$39.34

Planet Coaster (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Judgment (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$36.40

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 06-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #1
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales
Default Flight Simulator

Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

Available with Xbox Game Pass.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #2
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2006
Let Me In!

I never played these before.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:02 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I know there’s a vocal segment that has been wanting this. Mouse and kb work and needed a system update to do so. I imagine they’ll need another one for flight equipment. This will look pretty great in 4K and HDR.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:17 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

So they will bring this is Xbox but not Age of Empires?
Old 06-10-2019, 12:48 PM   #5
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

I have been wanting this for about 10 years now and tried all sorts of other flying things to make up but nothing came close.

If this is a launch title, I'm buying, precious . . .

As I watched the video during the E3 presentation, first 3 shots of cities and mountain gave me really high hopes. Then came the beautiful shot of rear 3/4 of an airplane (not sure what it is called) and I knew it had to be a flight simulator. Once the wings & cockpit instruments started showing, there was no doubt.

Keyboard would certainly help but an XB title must be playable using controller alone. I think most of the critical control functions will be mapped to the controller (because modern controller has a LOT of buttons) then use other navigational/communication functions to either drop down menu or via WoT type communication wheels. Keyboard & mouse certainly can be used to but probably not a must.

Anyways, whatever hardware is needed, I'll get. This is THE exclusive for me that will lock me to XB hardware again for the next gen. Because . . . this most certainly will NOT be available on Sony.

This title has a lot of future expansions options to keep players interested. Helicopters, racers, gliders, missions, careers, etc.

Thank you, MS, for bringing FS back!
Old 06-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post

Agreed. My brother didn't understand my excitement and I told him there's a very vocal group that will put down a lot of money for this and hardware and expansions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
So they will bring this is Xbox but not Age of Empires?
We're not getting the 2 remaster (yet) but something has to be in the works. 4 is being developed by Relic, which is owned by SEGA and MS is publishing. However MS has made a new AoE's studio and I have to imagine something console related will come of it.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...empires-studio

Quote:
In a blog post shared after the show, Microsoft snuck in that it has created a brand new studio for Age of Empires headed by Microsoft veteran Shannon Loftis.

Last edited by dyne; 06-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #7
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRD43L View Post
I have been wanting this for about 10 years now and tried all sorts of other flying things to make up but nothing came close.

If this is a launch title, I'm buying, precious . . .

As I watched the video during the E3 presentation, first 3 shots of cities and mountain gave me really high hopes. Then came the beautiful shot of rear 3/4 of an airplane (not sure what it is called) and I knew it had to be a flight simulator. Once the wings & cockpit instruments started showing, there was no doubt.

Keyboard would certainly help but an XB title must be playable using controller alone. I think most of the critical control functions will be mapped to the controller (because modern controller has a LOT of buttons) then use other navigational/communication functions to either drop down menu or via WoT type communication wheels. Keyboard & mouse certainly can be used to but probably not a must.

Anyways, whatever hardware is needed, I'll get. This is THE exclusive for me that will lock me to XB hardware again for the next gen. Because . . . this most certainly will NOT be available on Sony.

This title has a lot of future expansions options to keep players interested. Helicopters, racers, gliders, missions, careers, etc.

I will probably get it on PC first. Apparently it's launching on PC then coming to xbox after that. No dates though. But I can't wait.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:08 PM   #8
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
I will probably get it on PC first. Apparently it's launching on PC then coming to xbox after that. No dates though. But I can't wait.
I have no problem with PC getting it first. I've waited 10+ years, what's a little more? I'm going to guess that PC will get it about late summer 2020 and XB will get it at launch.

In fact MS Flight Simulator was the very first PC software I've purchased back in 1992 (yeah, that ~10 polygon thing with triangles for wings + atrocious fps?) and I thought it was the best thing ever back then.

Last edited by GRD43L; 06-13-2019 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:37 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
Agreed. My brother didn't understand my excitement and I told him there's a very vocal group that will put down a lot of money for this and hardware and expansions.

We're not getting the 2 remaster (yet) but something has to be in the works. 4 is being developed by Relic, which is owned by SEGA and MS is publishing. However MS has made a new AoE's studio and I have to imagine something console related will come of it.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...empires-studio
Every article about Age of Empires 2 keeps saying best played of either PC or XBOX 1 X. I’m not worried about 4 cause that’s like waiting for the last books in A Somg Of Fire and Ice to be released l it’s no where close to being released. Microsoft built the Xbox up as it will allow to play PC games off of Steam and other places but here it is at the end of its cycle and it’s no where close and it was useless of them to add keyboard and mouse support. Age of Empires is their game it’s not like they have to get permission .

Last edited by Batman90; 06-10-2019 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:40 PM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2019
South Florida

The safest way to fly.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #11
Power Member

Nov 2013

Cyberpunk, Gears 5, Halo, 12 Minutes, and Blair Witch all looked great, but this is the one I'm most looking forward to. I love X-Plane 11 on PC, and I'm looking forward to this in 4K HDR on the Scarlet.

Last edited by BrownianMotion; 06-10-2019 at 05:17 PM.
Thanks given by:
GRD43L (06-10-2019)
Old 06-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #12
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Unsurprisingly, Dovetail Games that had the MSFS license for 5 years or so no longer shows FS related titles on their website. Given their release of Train Simulator on the consoles I was being hopeful that they would also release Flight Simulator but it never materialized.

MS taking the reigns, I suppose, would be the preferred situation.

XBOX site now shows dedicated FS page with minimal information. Mentions light planes and jets but no helicopters yet so I suppose that will be for the future. It works for me!

I just want to go visit Eye of Sahara/Africa (aka. Richat Structure) for the first flight. There're almost infinite adventures to be had around the world!

Ankhor Wat, Machu Pichu, Pyramids, Mt. Fuji, Grand Canyon, south/north pole, Nazca, Rome, Paris, Venice, cross Australia trip, Hawaiian tour, Himalayas, traversing the Rockies, Switzerland to Italia over the Alps, etc., etc. AAAAAaaaahhhhhhh!!! (screaming in joy)
Old 06-12-2019, 04:10 PM   #13
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

The first plane shown in the trailer looked beautiful (0:30s mark). Searching for a twin prop airplane, found this.

https://www.aircharterservice.com/ai...ndda42twinstar

"The Diamond DA42 is a four-seat, twin-engine, propeller-driven airplane, popular for short air taxi flights and perfect for island-hopping in holiday destinations such as the Caribbean. Made predominantly from carbon composite materials, the DA42 features diesel-powered or Austro engines – the first to be publicly flown on algae-derived fuel. The DA42-VI variant was introduced in March 2012, with propeller and aerodynamic improvements that result in better cruise speed and range."

What a fantastic looking airplane.

Last edited by GRD43L; 06-12-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:22 PM   #14
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

One of the cockpit view shows ICON A5 label as well (0:48s mark).

One plane that I cannot and probably will not be able to identify on my own is the plane shown at the very end (1:35s mark). Only the cockpit is shown.

Any ideas what this plane is?
Old 06-12-2019, 06:10 PM   #15
Power Member

Nov 2013

FS is going to be glorious.

Quote:
The result is something that, judging by the trailer, looks impossibly vast and real. Spencer says that 2 petabytes of geographical data is used to seamlessly stitch together Earth. The trailer rushes past cities, swoops down so we can see elephants and giraffes hanging around and then soars the mountains for some truly incredible views.

Spencer warned the team: "You're going to have to put at the bottom that it's in-game, because nobody is going to believe that's in the game."
https://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-wa...t-supports-pc/
Old 06-12-2019, 06:21 PM   #16
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

That man, Phil Spencer, knows and understands gamers across all platforms.

He is right. No one (well, a lot of doubts) would have believed that was in game video capture.
Old 06-13-2019, 10:51 AM   #17
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
Montreal, Canada

Never thought I'd see the day where a proper flight simulator would be on consoles. I am so in. 2020 is shaping up nicely so car. Cyberpunk 2077 and now this.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:54 PM   #18
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Never thought I'd see the day where a proper flight simulator would be on consoles. I am so in. 2020 is shaping up nicely so car. Cyberpunk 2077 and now this.
yeah if its seemless like they say it is this game could be so dope. Previous MS Flight Sim games always took a top end PC to the edge of what they could do so im very interested to see how this is handled on Scarlett. Also would like to know what the Yok and Throttle expansions will cost because you cant do flight sim without a proper setup
Old 06-13-2019, 03:40 PM   #19
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Also would like to know what the Yok and Throttle expansions will cost because you cant do flight sim without a proper setup
For the most immersive experience, yes, but I think you can still enjoy it without yoke+throttle.

If it is being released on XBOX there must be a controller only option.

I am thinking/speculating:

Controller can easily do basic flight functions + flaps + gear up/down + trim & views.

Other functions such as communication, navigation, systems start-up, etc. can be a 'wheel' type commands from World of Tanks. At the very worst, Kerbal Space Program (awful, but functional).

I am hoping that most of the frequently used functions/commands can be mapped to the Elite + paddles = 12 buttons (incl. 4 paddles) + 2 analog triggers + 2 analog sticks.

Now I'm asking, where is the motion sensor on the Elite? It can be used for the view control!
Old 06-13-2019, 03:53 PM   #20
Power Member

Nov 2013

You can use a controller for FSX and X-Plane 11, but yes, a yoke and throttle will give you the best experience.

Xbox version will support mouse & keyboard and I'm sure it will also support a yoke and throttle.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X