Best Xbox One Game Deals

Best Xbox One Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of An Elusive Age (Xbox One)
$26.47

Indivisible (Xbox One)
$15.99
12 hrs ago
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)
$19.00
18 hrs ago
Marvel's Avengers (Xbox One)
$24.99

Samurai Showdown (Xbox One)
$19.99

My Hero One's Justice 2 (Xbox One)
$71.27
2 hrs ago
NBA 2K18 (Xbox One)
$9.41

Blair Witch (Xbox One)
$19.47
1 day ago
TrackMania Turbo (Xbox One)
$17.00

Warhammer: Chaosbane (Xbox One)
$23.66
15 hrs ago
Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame (Xbox One)
$14.84

Darksiders (Xbox One)
$16.30
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox

Old 08-01-2019, 02:24 AM   #1

Mar 2017
Cool Xbox One cheating on Blu Ray Standard?

I like my Xbox ne for gaming, and I do like it for all Blu Ray. Unfortunately, I have to break out my PS3 for certain Blu Rays.

Most of the problems come in when I have to find a 3D Blu Ray not made in the US.

Te first one I noticed that worked on my PS3, before I got my Xbox One (and then it broke and I got an Xbox One S for a factory replacement plus a free Kinect adapter because my Xbox achievement scoreboard shows a few Kinect games. Good luck finding that today.) was Frozen 3D.

Then I bought Ready Player One 3D and it failed, but I bought one from a different nation, and it succeeded.

Then I bought quite a few 3D movies from Sri Lanka, (all 3D versions with no 2 disc) Star Wars 8, Jumanji 2, Solo, Coco and Thor Ragnorok, And they were so consistently good (in terms of not glitching) on my Xbox One. Even after what I see later, they still pass the play test.

Then something happened with Sri Lankan discs, where I bought right in a row, (again all 3D with no 2D verision) Guardians of the Galaxy 2, the Meg.
Ralph Breaks the Internet (btw, shouldn't it, to be continuous with the first movie, be called, "Ralph WRECKS the internet"? After all he's called Wreck It Ralph, and for good reason. Later I found they wanted to appeal to mostly people unaware of the first movie, [most fans of #1 would see it anyway just by seeing Ralph in the previews] because 100x as many people search for something "Breaking the Internet" vs "Wrecking the Internet". Even movie campaigns are built with Google Search in mind.) Aquaman, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man Into the Spider-verse, and Valerian, and all of them DID NOT WORK on Xbox One, but the previous ones did. II even askedf for duplicates and THER did not work, so I got refunded.

Well I was going to throw them all away, but I had a hunch. Frozen worked on the PS3 before I realized it didn't work on Xbox One. So i pulled out my trusty PS3 and, lo and behold, they all played perfectly fine (except the previews in from of Valerian which were in 2D and looked like 5 Hz video. By the way, Valerian was a 2D/3D combo disc, and the 3D version of Valerian played in 2D on my Xbox One, and the 2D was audio only on my Xbox One, with a black picture) so far i tested 3 of the discs for the first 10 minutes, all played in perfect 3D, and when using the PS3 setting of converting DTS into Dolby, my Turtle Beach X42 gave great surround sound. So probably all will work on PS3. i assume they also work on Stand-alone Blu ray players and computer BD-R burners in running mode.

They all have a few things i common. All were labeled ABC discs. And I called Xbox and asked Can an xbox One play an ABC disc in an A counrty? Accoriding to the Blu Ray standards, they should, but Xbox has been monkeying around with the Blu Ray standard making it tougher for ABC discs to play on an Xbox One, all this despite the fact ALL 3D discs published now are ABC discs. Especially considering very few titles are now in 3D in the Us, and the few that were have fewer copies than ther DVD, Blu Ray , 4K, and "collector's editions", but no 3D

(How could you have collector's editions but not 3D? The industry is forcing us to import and then Xbox cuts off the ability to play imports. 3D was not an accidental death, it was MURDERED by the entertainment industry. They made too many mistakes that doomed it form the start. The murder weapon of choice... 2D incompatibility.)

So if you've got a PS3, it's probably the best Blu Ray player for 3D ever, especially with its DTS-> Dolby conversions that sound really good.

By the way, is there a trading post on the Blu-Ray.com community. I'll trade 3D for 3D. I got 4 titles up for trade.
Old 09-18-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
Special Member

Apr 2017

Those Sri Lanka discs are probably counterfeits on BD-R. Xbox One can't play BD-R.

Last edited by PenguinInfinity; 09-18-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:03 AM   #3
AksarBhai

(How could you have collector's editions but not 3D? The industry is forcing us to import and then Xbox cuts off the ability to play imports. 3D was not an accidental death, it was MURDERED by the entertainment industry. They made too many mistakes that doomed it form the start. The murder weapon of choice... 2D incompatibility.)

i agree
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox