Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
1 day ago
Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 day ago
Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.96

To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

His Dark Materials: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Harley Quinn: The Complete First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
$20.77

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 01-12-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2011
Brazil
Default CBS' "Clarice" (Silence of the Lambs Sequel)

Quote:
CBS has closed deals for Clarice, a crime drama series project based on the famous Thomas Harris character, which is set after the events in The Silence Of the Lambs. The project, written and executive produced by Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet, has received a big series commitment.

The intention for the project, which has a pilot script written, is to go to series. It will film a pilot before a series order decision is made but a writers room has already been set up, and there and a lot of enthusiasm for the title, the premise and the auspices at the network. Needless to say, Clarice will be one of the highest-profile roles for a young actress this pilot season.

Clarice is produced by MGM, which owns the underlying rights, and CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s CBS Studios-based Secret Hideout.

Clarice is set in 1993, a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs. The series is a deep dive into the untold personal story of Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field to pursue serial murderers and sexual predators while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C.

“After more than 20 years of silence, we’re privileged to give voice to one of America’s most enduring heroes – Clarice Starling,” said Kurtzman and Lumet. “Clarice’s bravery and complexity have always lit the way, even as her personal story remained in the dark. But hers is the very story we need today: her struggle, her resilience, her victory. Her time is now, and always.” [SOURCE]
Thanks given by:
CyberpunkCentral (01-12-2020), Himmel (01-12-2020), jvonl (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 03:31 PM   #2
Blu-ray Archduke

Jul 2012
Origae-6

Finally.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:44 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2008
Southern California

This just bums me out all over again about 'Hannibal' getting canceled. Hopefully CBS is able to give this project the budget and creative freedom that NBC allowed to 'Hannibal,' otherwise I just don't see it working out....
Old 01-12-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

This sucks. Rather get Hannibal season 4 that includes Clarice than whatever this turns out to be. Clarice by herself isn't that interesting of a character. Without Hannibal who cares.
Thanks given by:
Batman1084 (01-13-2020), megal0maniak (03-15-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 04:34 PM   #5
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Whatever. I'll take what I can get. It's better than nothing. As long as it's good. It doesn't need to be as great as Hannibal, just good. Is there a big difference the way NBC and CBS shows look from each other? Also Bryan Fuller said he was going to introduce Clarice in season five, not four anyway.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
Whatever. I'll take what I can get. It's better than nothing. As long as it's good. It doesn't need to be as great as Hannibal, just good. Is there a big difference the way NBC and CBS shows look from each other? Also Bryan Fuller said he was going to introduce Clarice in season five, not four anyway.
Season four was going to be Red Dragon but that was covered in season three so actually season four would of been Silence of the Lambs. And nothing is better than a crap show that ends after one season which this probably will be. To each their own though.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:17 PM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2018

Jot me down on the list of people who loved Hannibal and is actually satisfied with the admittedly compromised ending and who doesn’t need a continuation.

Seriously, the Hannibal fandom is just about the only good one I’ve ever been a part of.

Regarding this show: ew, Alex Kurtzman.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:42 PM   #8

Aug 2012
Surrey, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Clarice by herself isn't that interesting of a character.
Jodie Foster's performance made her extremely interesting. Don't know if another actor can do the same (Julianne Moore unfortunately couldn't).
Thanks given by:
Eye Candy (01-08-2021)
Old 01-12-2020, 05:48 PM   #9
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Season four was going to be Red Dragon but that was covered in season three so actually season four would of been Silence of the Lambs. And nothing is better than a crap show that ends after one season which this probably will be. To each their own though.
Yeah I think I remember. I believe that was his original plan (back when he mapped out seven seasons), but Fuller later said that season four was actually going to be about a certain element from the third novel. It was never confirmed what that was, but some Fannibals suspect that it's when Hannibal goes to Argentina or something. Could be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgie View Post
Jot me down on the list of people who loved Hannibal and is actually satisfied with the admittedly compromised ending and who doesn’t need a continuation.

Seriously, the Hannibal fandom is just about the only good one I’ve ever been a part of.

Regarding this show: ew, Alex Kurtzman.
The Hannibal fandom is a tad bit unusual, but never had any problems with them like we do in the comic book or Star Wars communities.

The only time it got a little weird was when I used the word "female" in a sentence and triggered a bunch of them. Because, you know, a large portion of Fannibals are young ladies. I was like, holy shit! I didn't mean to offend. But they quickly forgave me, so it was all good.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:25 PM   #10
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2012

Kurtzman is my Kryptonite when it comes to movies and television. No interest.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:18 AM   #11
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Thanks given by:
Eye Candy (01-08-2021)
Old 01-13-2020, 01:09 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
Jodie Foster's performance made her extremely interesting. Don't know if another actor can do the same (Julianne Moore unfortunately couldn't).
My personal choice would be Julia Garner.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:33 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

This has potential, but the premise could literally be about any female FBI agent. I say that because unless they pull a Hannibal (TV Show) and have certain events come together in a way that they didn't in either the films or the books, then this will be just another cop-type show.

If I'm not mistaken, Clarice doesn't experience Lector again until the events of the Hannibal book/film. I'm open to this project cause I do love this world, but I am curious as to what connection, if any, Lector will have to Clarice in this storyline. Haunted by him? Thinks she keeps seeing him? Unless of course we do get a new adaptation of the Hannibal novel and then the story still continues from there.

I'm down though.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:41 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Kirksville, Missouri

I vote for Alison, but casting isn't that simple anymore. Lot of boxes to check off to keep everyone happy.

Old 01-16-2020, 07:41 PM   #15
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmodel View Post
This has potential, but the premise could literally be about any female FBI agent. I say that because unless they pull a Hannibal (TV Show) and have certain events come together in a way that they didn't in either the films or the books, then this will be just another cop-type show.

If I'm not mistaken, Clarice doesn't experience Lector again until the events of the Hannibal book/film. I'm open to this project cause I do love this world, but I am curious as to what connection, if any, Lector will have to Clarice in this storyline. Haunted by him? Thinks she keeps seeing him? Unless of course we do get a new adaptation of the Hannibal novel and then the story still continues from there.

I'm down though.
Yeah, Bryan Fuller considers his show Hannibal "fan fiction", even though it's a LOT better than that.

Clarice will probably be like the first two seasons of Hannibal with the whole "killer of the week" formula, only without Hannibal Lecter and less surreal. But like I said before, this is better than nothing. We weren't going to get Clarice in Hannibal: Season Four either way.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:18 PM   #16
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2011
Brazil

Rebecca Breeds Cast in Lead Role
Old 02-27-2020, 09:55 AM   #17
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by postmodel View Post
If I'm not mistaken, Clarice doesn't experience Lector again until the events of the Hannibal book/film. I'm open to this project cause I do love this world, but I am curious as to what connection, if any, Lector will have to Clarice in this storyline. Haunted by him? Thinks she keeps seeing him?
None. They can't use the Hannibal Lecter character, unless Dino De Laurentiis gives them permission and when he and Bryan Fuller asked them if they could use Clarice Starling in the tv-show Laurentiis was producing (Hannibal), they flat out told him no.
Old 02-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #18
Expert Member

Jan 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaDK View Post
None. They can't use the Hannibal Lecter character, unless Dino De Laurentiis gives them permission and when he and Bryan Fuller asked them if they could use Clarice Starling in the tv-show Laurentiis was producing (Hannibal), they flat out told him no.

What is the point if no Hannibal in TV Series Clarice it would just be another everyday typical CBS procedural TV Series and I'm not saying it shouldn't be procedural but to not have no Hannibal which has always been the key connection with Clarice character makes the show pointless. CBS easily could easily just made another spin-off for CSI with this.

It is interesting though when Bryan Fuller asked for Clarice character and they told him no and Clarice character okay under CBS but no Hannibal wtf gives? Is there a plan of rebooting Hannibal movies?
Old 02-27-2020, 06:39 PM   #19
Special Member

Oct 2011
330-hio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremildo View Post
Who?!?
Old 02-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsMkLg068426 View Post
It is interesting though when Bryan Fuller asked for Clarice character and they told him no and Clarice character okay under CBS but no Hannibal wtf gives? Is there a plan of rebooting Hannibal movies?
MGM owns the film/tv rights for The Silence Of The Lambs through their subsidiary Orion Pictures, the company that originally made TSOTL.

The De Laurentiis production company owns the film/tv rights for all the other Thomas Harris novels concerning Lecter. PS: When I wrote Dino De Laurentiis earlier, I meant to write his estate, as Dino died a decade ago and his daughter Raffaella now runs the business.

The rights are divided like this, because no one expected TSOTL to become the monster hit it did back in the days; so they were able to buy the rights from Thomas Harris rather cheaply and didn't think anything else of it. Remember that The Red Dragon had been made into a film by Michael Mann and few people took notice of that film when it was released in the 80s. So, no one considered Harris' novels to be anything special.

That all changed of course and Dino scooped up the rights for the subsequent novels that Harris wrote. Hannibal Lecter was now an established brand.

As for this new series, it wouldn't make sense to include Lecter anyway, as the chronology and storylines of the films clearly state that Lecter and Starling had no contact with each other until Hannibal's plot line kicks in and the international hunt for locating Lecter had become defunct.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows