Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99
1 hr ago
Eureka: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.11

Fleabag: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$23.99

Ahiru no Sora (Blu-ray)
$86.99
2 hrs ago
Plunderer: Part One (Blu-ray)
$71.99
5 hrs ago
One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49
14 hrs ago
Gleipnir: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99
14 hrs ago
Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Pride & Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$12.99

The Watch (Blu-ray)
$22.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 02-27-2020, 08:08 PM   #21

Apr 2019
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaDK View Post
MGM owns the film/tv rights for The Silence Of The Lambs through their subsidiary Orion Pictures, the company that originally made TSOTL.

The De Laurentiis production company owns the film/tv rights for all the other Thomas Harris novels concerning Lecter. PS: When I wrote Dino De Laurentiis earlier, I meant to write his estate, as Dino died a decade ago and his daughter Raffaella now runs the business.
Dino's wife Martha controls it (at least she did a few years ago). She got a big paycheck per episode on HANNIBAL.
Old 02-28-2020, 04:56 AM   #22
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigbarr2003 View Post
Dino's wife Martha controls it (at least she did a few years ago). She got a big paycheck per episode on HANNIBAL.
Thank you for clarifying what I wanted to say with actual facts. I've seen Martha in the behind the scenes footage from Hannibal. Martha. Not Raffaella. Why did I say Raffaella? Why?

I'm going back inside my padded cell now. Ciao.

Old 03-11-2020, 06:55 PM   #23
Blu-ray Archduke

Jul 2012
Origae-6

Quote:
Lucca De Oliveira & Devyn A. Tyler To Co-Star In CBS’ ‘Silence Of The Lambs’ Sequel Pilot

Lucca De Oliveira (The Punisher) and Devyn A. Tyler (Out Of Blue) are set as leads opposite Rebecca Breeds in CBS’ crime drama pilot Clarice, based on the famous Thomas Harris character.

De Oliveira will play Tomas Esquivel, who attended Dartmouth on an ROTC scholarship and became a counter-sniper during Operation Desert Storm. He is initially suspicious of Clarice, and her singular background in the Bureau. Esquivel has gone through his own kind of hazing, and is torn between his love of service, and his belief that the FBI needs to shake off its “Old School” mentality.

Tyler will portray Ardelia Mapp, Clarice’s closest friend and her roommate at the FBI Academy. Ardelia is brilliant and has developed strong coping mechanisms as a black woman working in the white male universe of the FBI. Ardelia has landed at the Department of Justice where she is an Asst. U.S. Attorney. She is vocal and open about the discrimination that’s rampant in the Bureau and in the D.O.J. (Deadline)

Old 03-14-2020, 10:48 PM   #24
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Quote:
The De Laurentiis production company owns the film/tv rights for all the other Thomas Harris novels concerning Lecter.
Yup. The ONLY reason why Hannibal Lecter even appears in The Silence of the Lambs film was all because Manhunter flopped at the box-office. Orion/MGM were seriously thinking of changing Hannibal Lecter's name because they didn't have the rights to him. But De Laurentiis did the smart thing and were like, f*** it. Y'all can use it for free. Now De Laurentiis own one of the most iconic characters of all time.

The down side is, MGM can't use Hannibal Lecter for this show. But that's their fault. De Laurentiis wanted to make a deal with MGM to use Clarice for the Hannibal TV series exchange to use Hannibal Lecter for the Clarice series. But MGM ultimately said no, saying, "what's yours is yours, what's ours is ours."
Thanks given by:
Eye Candy (01-08-2021)
Old 03-14-2020, 11:55 PM   #25
Special Member

Jul 2015
Flat earth, upper Left hand Corner:)

I just want more Madds
Thanks given by:
MattJ1991 (03-15-2020)
Old 03-15-2020, 12:26 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2014
São Paulo, Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
Orion/MGM were seriously thinking of changing Hannibal Lecter's name because they didn't have the rights to him.
Seems like you just solved how they're gonna make Lecter a part of this show.
Old 05-09-2020, 01:49 AM   #27
Blu-ray Prince

May 2018
Arkham, MA

‘Silence of the Lambs’ Sequel Project “Clarice” Gets Series Pickup Order from CBS

Quote:
CBS had recently ordered up a pilot episode for a potential Silence of the Lambs sequel series titled “Clarice,” and THR reports today that the project has now been given a series pickup for the 2020-21 broadcast season.

Rebecca Breeds (“Pretty Little Liars”) will star as Clarice Starling, with the cast also including Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Nick Sandow (“Orange is the New Black”) and Michael Cudlitz (“The Walking Dead”).

CBS had recently ordered up a pilot episode for a potential Silence of the Lambs sequel series titled “Clarice,” and THR reports today that the project has now been given a series pickup for the 2020-21 broadcast season.

Rebecca Breeds (“Pretty Little Liars”) will star as Clarice Starling, with the cast also including Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Nick Sandow (“Orange is the New Black”) and Michael Cudlitz (“The Walking Dead”).

“Clarice is set in 1993, a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs. The series is a deep dive into the untold personal story of Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field to pursue serial murderers and sexual predators while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C.”

“Brilliant and vulnerable, Clarice graduated Magna from UVA with a double major in Psych and Criminology. Her bravery gives her an inner light that draws monsters and madmen to her. Her complex psychological makeup comes from a challenging childhood, and her drive comes from her need to escape the burden of family secrets that have haunted her throughout her life.”

The project is written and executive produced by Alex Kurtzman and Jenny Lumet.
Source
Old 05-09-2020, 02:21 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
US

Lame. I don't see it making it past season one.
Thanks given by:
Lemmy Lugosi (05-10-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 03:25 AM   #29
Banned

May 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamcero View Post
Lame. I don't see it making it past season one.
Me either especially with such an unknown Clarice and supporting cast.
Thanks given by:
Old 05-09-2020, 05:35 AM   #30

Mar 2020

Highly skeptical because of Kurtzman, but I’ll give it a go. (Still massively jones-ing for Mads, Hugh, and Lawrence ...)
Old 05-09-2020, 06:33 AM   #31
Blu-ray Guru

May 2016

it’s amazing that no one ever thinks with all this coattail riding of popular IP, no one ever has the thought that maybe the reason it resonated in the first place was that it was a one off story to start.
Thanks given by:
Old 05-09-2020, 07:03 AM   #32
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleazyForWeasley View Post
Who?!?
Rebecca Breeds. He even made the font larger.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:08 AM   #33
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberpunkCentral View Post
The down side is, MGM can't use Hannibal Lecter for this show. But that's their fault. De Laurentiis wanted to make a deal with MGM to use Clarice for the Hannibal TV series exchange to use Hannibal Lecter for the Clarice series. But MGM ultimately said no, saying, "what's yours is yours, what's ours is ours."
Seeing how CBS and Kurtzman are planning to re-imagine Clarice Starling, that decision isn't a downside at all. If I were sitting with the golden egg that is the IP of Hannibal Lecter, I wouldn't hand it over to these idiots either, just for them to ruin the brand - your brand.

'Hannibal' turned out much better than I had hoped for, entirely due to decisions made behind the camera and taking the next logical step from Harris' books. CBS makes lightweight entertainment. To show a buttock on screen in a CBS show, is probably something they themselves consider edgy.
Thanks given by:
CyberpunkCentral (05-10-2020)
Old 05-10-2020, 03:18 AM   #34
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Quote:
Seeing how CBS and Kurtzman are planning to re-imagine Clarice Starling, that decision isn't a downside at all. If I were sitting with the golden egg that is the IP of Hannibal Lecter, I wouldn't hand it over to these idiots either, just for them to ruin the brand - your brand.

'Hannibal' turned out much better than I had hoped for, entirely due to decisions made behind the camera and taking the next logical step from Harris' books. CBS makes lightweight entertainment. To show a buttock on screen in a CBS show, is probably something they themselves consider edgy.
Yeah, but it's going to be distracting when they reference Hannibal Lecter and not say his name, lol!

But yeah, I think MGM are willing to play ball, it's just the deal would have benefit De Laurentiis more than MGM themselves. MGM are probably like, that's all we get? So they are kinda being greedy, and I heard Hannibal was a cheap show to make. So I don't think De Laurentiis were willing to put that much over a few characters.
Old 05-10-2020, 11:28 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2019
Rosebud Motel

CBS, huh? That's too bad.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:18 PM   #36
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Thanks given by:
Himmel (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 01:31 PM   #37

Dec 2016
Royal Palm Beach

I’ll check it out, but it’s not really blowing my skirt up.
Old 06-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #38
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2009

Plot Details Revealed

https://www.primetimer.com/pilots/pilotpreviews/clarice
Thanks given by:
Himmel (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 05:27 PM   #39

Nov 2018

If she is who i think she is this is not going to suck based on casting choices. She was pretty crazy scary and hot at the same time in The Originals playing Aurora the great love of Klaus. If NBC`s Hannibal Lecter character played by Mads Mikkelsen can be a part of this it would be perfect.
Old 06-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #40
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
Avondale, Arizona

The person they cast for Clarice looks familiar but I haven't seen anything that she's been in. She visually can be a Clarice for me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows