Best DVD Deals

Best DVD Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Keeping Up Appearances: The Complete Series (DVD)
$39.99

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (DVD)
$33.74
12 hrs ago
Land (DVD)
$17.96

Godzilla vs. Kong (DVD)
$27.99
4 hrs ago
The Father (DVD)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Vera: Set 10 (DVD)
$20.99

Fuller House: The Fifth and Final Season (DVD)
$17.99
14 hrs ago
The Mauritanian (DVD)
$17.96

Transformers: The Complete Original Series (DVD)
$39.99

Steven Universe: The Complete Collection (DVD)
$59.98

The Cosby Show: The Complete Series (DVD)
$24.55
45 min ago
Hallmark 2-Movie Collection (DVD)
$7.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies

Old 07-15-2020, 11:49 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
Post Chicago Fire, P.D., Med and FBI

Haven't included Chicago Justice in the thread title as it was a short-lived series which was cancelled a few years ago. Also haven't included FBI spin-off Most Wanted, as (as far as I'm aware) it hasn't been acquired yet by a UK channel (but I'm hoping Sky acquire it as they already show FBI (the second season started on Sky Witness last Thursday night).

After reading the news in the Chicago Fire: Season Seven thread in the UK sub-forum yesterday or the day before, I checked Amazon UK to see if the most recent seasons of Chicago Fire, P.D. and Med were available to pre-order. They were, and I like the order they're being released in (not on the same day in September), in the order they originally aired in the States (Sky Witness did the same), Med, Fire then P.D.

Sky Witness were already showing Chicago Fire, but after Universal TV (previously Universal Channel) closed down. Sky (who are owned by Comcast, who also own NBC Universal) acquired some of the shows they showed, including Chicago Med. The big news for the fans at the time, was that Sky had acquired Chicago P.D., which had been with Channel 5 (shown on one of it's channels, 5USA). Meaning us UK fans would be able to see any crossover events in one go, instead of seeing each part at staggered times of the year.

Anyway, when I checked the front cover artwork for each of the three Chicago shows, I noticed Universal (UK) are using the second version of the promotional artwork for the most recent season. But I noticed two errors on the Amazon UK pre-order listing page for Chicago Med: Season Five. One, the show is no longer on Universal Channel (the first four seasons premiered in the UK on the channel, but the fifth season premiered on Sky Witness). So unless I'm wrong, that logo shouldn't be on there. Secondly, there were 20 episodes in the season (the same with Fire and P.D., not including the bonus crossover episodes). It states "Contains All 22 Episodes" in the product description.

The UK release dates (subject to change) for each of the Chicago shows (source: Amazon UK):

Chicago Med: Season Five - Monday 7th September, 2020
Chicago Fire: Season Eight - Monday 14th September, 2020
Chicago P.D.: Season Seven - Monday 21st September, 2020.

Below are the URL links for each of the Amazon UK pre-order listing pages, along with the front cover artwork for Chicago Med: Season Five, Chicago Fire: Season Eight and Chicago P.D.: Season Seven:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicago-Med-Season-5-DVD/dp/B08CNNRPGN/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Chicago+Med&qid=15948 55309&s=dvd&sr=1-1

[Show spoiler]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicago-Fire-Season-8-DVD/dp/B08CNNMRHT/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Chicago+Fire&qid=1594 855617&s=dvd&sr=1-1

[Show spoiler]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicago-P-D-Season-7-DVD/dp/B08CNMK9MH/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Chicago+P.D.&qid=1594 855963&s=dvd&sr=1-2

[Show spoiler]

Like with the seventh season, the eighth season of Chicago Fire is DVD-only again in the UK, but as has been said in the "Chicago Fire: Season Seven" thread in the UK sub-forum, Germany has come to the rescue with a Blu-ray release on Tuesday 20th October, 2020.

Last edited by OceanBlue; 07-27-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
The URL link for the Amazon UK listing page for FBI: Season One, followed by the front cover artwork for the release:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FBI-Season-1-DVD/dp/B081QQXKZ4/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=FBI&qid=1594857874&s= dvd&sr=1-2

[Show spoiler]

The set had been stuck around 20 (rounded off). Recently the price dropped down to 12 (rounded off).

The second season started on Sky Witness last Thursday night, so it probably won't be until early next year when it's released on physical media DVD (and hopefully it includes the bonus FBI: Most Wanted crossover episode, even though I haven't seen any news yet about whether a UK channel is going to acquire the spin-off).

Last edited by OceanBlue; 07-27-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:37 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Have removed the UK flag icon from each of the first two posts of this thread, as while they're about the UK releases of the existing, three Chicago shows and FBI, I wanted the thread to be for the American releases as well.

If anyone reads about a release in the States of the second season of FBI, and the first season of the spin-off sub-titled Most Wanted, can they post about it in this thread please.

P.S: I'm not sure how to put the small-size version of the front cover artwork for the first seven seasons of Fire, the first six seasons of P.D., the first four seasons of Med, and the one season of Chicago Justice in the starter post.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

Have read on Geektown that Sky Witness have acquired FBI's spin-off, sub-titled Most Wanted. It's due to start sometime in September, but if the channel do it right, it'll start during the same week that they show the 11th episode of FBI's second season (it started in the States on the same night that the 11th episode was originally shown on CBS). Both seasons should finish in December (maybe early January for the spin-off) if they show one episode per week (Sky Witness has been showing one new episode of FBI per week since the second season started), so hopefully the UK DVD releases happen early next year (January or February).
Old 08-28-2020, 09:22 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping the error with the TV channel logo in the bottom left-hand corner of Chicago Med: Season Five's front cover artwork (Universal Channel instead of Sky Witness) is corrected. It's still scheduled for release in the UK a week next Monday (7th September).
Old 09-04-2020, 10:47 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

My copy of Chicago Med: Season Five (Universal's DVD release) has shipped from HMV. Should arrive hopefully later on next week.
Old 09-07-2020, 10:46 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
My copy of Chicago Med: Season Five (Universal's DVD release) has shipped from HMV. Should arrive hopefully later on next week.
Following on from the above quoted post, to my surprise my copy arrived today.
Old 09-14-2020, 11:14 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Noticed in my local HMV branch today that Chicago Fire: Season Eight (released today) was at a higher position in the DVD charts compared to the release of Chicago Med: Season Five two weeks ago (looked as if Med had just got into the chart. Fire has been placed in the Top Ten). Chicago P.D.: Season Seven is out next Monday.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:04 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

My copy of Chicago P.D.: Season Seven (Universal's DVD release) has shipped from HMV. Should arrive hopefully later on next week.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:03 PM   #10
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

Quote:
My copy of Chicago P.D.: Season Seven (Universal's DVD release) has shipped from HMV. Should arrive hopefully later on next week.
My copy arrived today.

Noticed in my local HMV branch today that Chicago P.D.: Season Seven (released today) wasn't in the DVD charts (it was on the shelves).

Looking forward now to the German Blu-ray release next month (fingers crossed) of Chicago Fire: Season Eight.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:08 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
My copy arrived today.

Noticed in my local HMV branch today that Chicago P.D.: Season Seven (released today) wasn't in the DVD charts (it was on the shelves).

Looking forward now to the German Blu-ray release next month (fingers crossed) of Chicago Fire: Season Eight.
Visited my local HMV branch yesterday, and noticed Chicago P.D.: Season Seven was in the Top Ten.

Also, an observation about the DVD releases of Chicago Med: Season Five and Chicago P.D.: Season Seven, the former is in a black plastic DVD case, but the latter is in a clear plastic DVD case.
Thanks given by:
blueman_Richie (09-30-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 12:46 AM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Lately, Amazon's search engine has been a bit inconsistent. Trying to see if a DVD release of FBI's second season and the first season of spin-off FBI: Most Wanted have been announced.
Old 11-12-2020, 11:03 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

While checking Amazon UK's pre-order/coming soon section this week, I spotted a newly-added listing for a DVD release of FBI's second season (which finished on Sky Witness tonight). It's scheduled for release on Monday 25th January, 2021 (the first season was released earlier this year in January). Release date is subject to change.
Old 11-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Still unclear about whether there is going to be a release of FBI: Most Wanted's first season in the States and the UK, but it's getting a DVD release in Australia. Last week, a fellow poster told me about a listing on a shopping website called Sanity. This past weekend, I checked ezyDVD, and a pre-order listing page is now on there as well. The release date is Wednesday 13th January, 2021 (release date is subject to change).
Old 01-12-2021, 10:19 PM   #15
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK
United Kingdom

A listing has appeared on Amazon UK for a physical media DVD release of FBI: Most Wanted's first season. You can't pre-order it yet (Paramount Home Entertainment are stated on the page), but it currently has a release date of Monday 22nd March, 2021 (subject to change).
Old 01-25-2021, 09:28 PM   #16
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

The new seasons of Chicago Med, Fire and P.D. start on Sky Witness two weeks on Friday (12th February). The start date was added to the UK TV Airdates section on website Geektown last week.

The second episode of Chicago P.D.'s new season (and the fall finale) is the show's milestone 150th episode.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:21 AM   #17
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Still don't know whether the UK DVD releases of FBI: Season Two and FBI: Most Wanted: Season One include the other half of the two-part crossover event, or if they've been presented the same way as Sky Witness showed it (an edited together feature-length episode). The latter release came out yesterday.

Below are the URL links for the Amazon UK listing pages for FBI: Season Two and FBI: Most Wanted: Season One, along with the front cover artwork:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FBI-Season-DVD-Missy-Peregrym/dp/B08MW5YJVN/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=FBI&qid=1616544450&s= dvd&sr=1-4

[Show spoiler]

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FBI-Most-Wanted-Season-DVD/dp/B08SMYN58T/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=FBI&qid=1616544741&s= dvd&sr=1-1

[Show spoiler]

I'm not surprised that the FBI: Most Wanted: Season One set has an '18' certificate, because there were a few episodes with some strong violence in them.
Thanks given by:
Wezzo (03-24-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 01:59 PM   #18

Oct 2008

Hi there - thanks for keeping this thread going.

I've been watching Chicago PD since the beginning and have collected each season on DVD. Used to watch Chicago Fire too and bought the Blu-ray sets, but I found it became a bit like a soap with more focus placed on the relationships than the 'firefighting activities', and it does get a bit silly at times with the 'comedic' elements. So, I ditched it after season three.

I always watch the crossover episodes of the different shows dotted amongst the CPD seasons, although generally notice a dip in the quality of writing, direction, and acting - Chicago Med is probably the next best.

Anyway, still enjoying CPD - I always wait for the DVD release to watch it without ads and in sequence with the crossovers, but I felt even season seven of CPD suffered a dip in quality episodes. Felt a bit like there was an unnatural push to have the female characters front and center and 'bossing' it. The females were always strong characters and always had some great storylines without lessening the impact of their male counterparts, who often felt like secondary characters in S7.

Also, what baffles me is why CPD only gets a DVD release where Chicago Fire gets Blu-ray?

Keep up the good work.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (04-07-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 12:03 AM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glanners View Post
Hi there - thanks for keeping this thread going.

I've been watching Chicago PD since the beginning and have collected each season on DVD. Used to watch Chicago Fire too and bought the Blu-ray sets, but I found it became a bit like a soap with more focus placed on the relationships than the 'firefighting activities', and it does get a bit silly at times with the 'comedic' elements. So, I ditched it after season three.

I always watch the crossover episodes of the different shows dotted amongst the CPD seasons, although generally notice a dip in the quality of writing, direction, and acting - Chicago Med is probably the next best.

Anyway, still enjoying CPD - I always wait for the DVD release to watch it without ads and in sequence with the crossovers, but I felt even season seven of CPD suffered a dip in quality episodes. Felt a bit like there was an unnatural push to have the female characters front and center and 'bossing' it. The females were always strong characters and always had some great storylines without lessening the impact of their male counterparts, who often felt like secondary characters in S7.

Also, what baffles me is why CPD only gets a DVD release where Chicago Fire gets Blu-ray?

Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the positive comments about the thread. I just hope others find it helpful. This isn't a criticism (because you haven't specifically mentioned storylines), but I try not to go into detail about any storylines. But if I did, I'd use spoiler tags.

Over here, the Chicago shows have sort of gone under the radar, but if I were to offer a guess as to why Chicago Fire has had Blu-ray releases in the UK and Germany, and the other Chicago shows haven't (P.D., Med and the short-lived Justice), is because Fire is more attractive with syndication. The trouble with that theory, is that both P.D. and Med have also both passed the milestone 100th episode mark.

Regularly check EpGuides for the titles of the latest episodes airing in the States, and it's looking like the season of each current Chicago show (Med, Fire and P.D.) will consist of sixteen episodes. I read recently that the current season will end on the last Wednesday in May. With the eventual physical media DVD releases of P.D. and Med, I think they will be four-disc sets if Universal put four episodes on each disc (sadly, because of the filming restrictions due to you-know-what the past thirteen months, there won't be any crossover events this season (although there have been crossover appearances on Chicago Fire and Med).

For now, I'll comment on just Chicago P.D. For me, Voight is the heart of the show, and if he was written out or Jason Beghe decided to leave, it wouldn't be the same. It seems like the writers on this show act like they have all the power.
[Show spoiler]Each of the past four seasons have seen one character leave the show (although I think with two of them, they were written out of the show before the actor playing them had a chance to decide if they wanted to leave or not).
So far in the current, eighth season I've been mostly impressed (although last Friday night's new episode I felt was a disappointment. It had been over-hyped by it's director Eriq la Salle). We're currently about two or three episodes behind the States.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > DVD Movies