Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Umbrella Academy: Season One (Blu-ray)
$34.99
13 hrs ago
Sherlock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$59.99
1 day ago
Infinite Dendrogram: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$65.37
1 day ago
Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!: The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
$50.99

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Kaiji: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.93

Doctor Who: Jon Pertwee: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$59.99

30 Rock: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$47.02

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$43.19
16 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$156.89

One Piece: Season 11 Voyage 3 (Blu-ray)
$33.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 10-16-2020, 08:25 AM   #41
Power Member

Jul 2017
The interior of my own mind

At present:
Classic Doctor Who
Elementary season 2
Wicked Science season 2
That 70s Show season 3
Friends season 6
X Files season 3
Seinfeld season 2
3rd Rock from the Sun season 5
Secret Army season 2
Enterprise season 1
The Bill season 8
Thanks given by:
MarcelS1 (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 07:35 PM   #42
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014

I started watching White Collar (US DVD set of the complete series) and I am enjoying it a lot.
I am close to finishing watching The Big Bang Theory for the second time overall (but the first time on BD - Ltd Ed Box).
I'm expecting Suits next week and I'll see when I start watching that.
I always have trouble starting to watch older shows because the new ones blow them out of the water usually due to strong scripts and story lines, but ready to be picked up are Naked City (complete set), and Police Story and Police Woman.
My list of interrupted shows is long but worthy of mention are: The Nanny, Hazel, Rhoda, Soap, The Facts Of Life and many many more.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Right Now:
TWD Season 6
Ted Lasso Season 1

During the week of Halloween im going to check out Bly Manor.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:24 PM   #44

Jun 2019
rochester, ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnionJackMix View Post
I started watching White Collar (US DVD set of the complete series) and I am enjoying it a lot.
I am close to finishing watching The Big Bang Theory for the second time overall (but the first time on BD - Ltd Ed Box).
I'm expecting Suits next week and I'll see when I start watching that.
I always have trouble starting to watch older shows because the new ones blow them out of the water usually due to strong scripts and story lines, but ready to be picked up are Naked City (complete set), and Police Story and Police Woman.
My list of interrupted shows is long but worthy of mention are: The Nanny, Hazel, Rhoda, Soap, The Facts Of Life and many many more.
Man you love the older stuff. Good shows.

Watching Castle for the second time during covid. On S2 again. Loses steam after they get together.

We're almost done with Schitt's Creek. Very, very funny at first. It is really treading water by S6. Alexis is still good and her character is growing. David's over the top antics are getting on my nerves much like Mitch and Cam did on Modern Family. Moira's getting more obnoxious as time goes on too. A little of those two go a long way.
Thanks given by:
UnionJackMix (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 08:38 PM   #45
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2012

I watch Twin Peaks every October. I have done so going back to when I made VHS dubs from the original broadcast. Thankfully I retired them long ago and the blu-ray set is amazing. Plus with The Return I have and extra 18 episodes to squeeze in.
Thanks given by:
UnionJackMix (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 08:47 PM   #46
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
Man you love the older stuff. Good shows.

Watching Castle for the second time during covid. On S2 again. Loses steam after they get together.

We're almost done with Schitt's Creek. Very, very funny at first. It is really treading water by S6. Alexis is still good and her character is growing. David's over the top antics are getting on my nerves much like Mitch and Cam did on Modern Family. Moira's getting more obnoxious as time goes on too. A little of those two go a long way.
I have a feeling I would like Schitt's Creek, as I like all movies I've seen with those usual suspects. But as I have varied taste and buy everything I am interest in to avoid not being able to get it later, I have a huge collection and no time to watch most of it. This one is pinned down for research and potential buy. Hopefully there's physical seasons.
Modern Family I love to bits. I am hoping for a complete series box soon (hopefully on BD, but given it's Fox I won't hope too much)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I watch Twin Peaks every October. I have done so going back to when I made VHS dubs from the original broadcast. Thankfully I retired them long ago and the blu-ray set is amazing. Plus with The Return I have and extra 18 episodes to squeeze in.
That is a really cool habit. I have never finished the first season (when I first started watching it in I think 1992) and since then bought all series across all formats. It's such a special show that I am keeping it for a special moment to watch.
Old 10-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #47
Power Member

Oct 2018
somewhere

Binging Van Helsing right now.
Old 10-19-2020, 10:17 PM   #48

Dec 2019

Three main shows at the moment:

Archer (the new season airing) - Continues to be an all-time favorite series of mine. Desperately wish they'd continue bringing the series to Blu-ray.

Mr. Selfridge - This is an ultimate blend of my adoration for retail and TV. Highly recommended drama (I've seen a majority of it anyway).

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Doing an overdue rewatch. Disc two of season one so far has an episode which freezes up, so that's not fun (had to switch to Hulu for that episode). Looks like season 1 Blu-rays are in short supply so that's gonna bug me to no end (and assuming no additional discs will have issues).
Old 10-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #49

Jun 2019
rochester, ny

Finished Schitt's Creek - highly recommended. Consistently funny show. I equated it to Modern Family before. It's not broken down into segments like MF but the characters remind me some of MF may have offered some inspiration. For me the over the top characters lose some appeal in later seasons while the steady eddies remain my favorite. Phil was the only reason I watched the last couple seasons of MF

Rewatching Castle s3 right now

Last 3 nights BTTF 1-3 4K

Several shows I'm interested but I know the wife wouldn't like them. I saw the first few of Absentia. Good but dark. Having to wait until she goes to bed keeps me from getting any momentum. Same with Jack Ryan, started but no time to watch.
Old 10-28-2020, 12:24 AM   #50
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

On Amazon Prime. English subtitles only. A very well done rendition of the Holmes and Watson adventures. In this series, Watson has as much or more of a headline role as Holmes does. If you have Prime - give it a shot. I highly recommend it. Production values are excellent as is the casting.
Old 10-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #51
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2014
NH USA

Star Trek: Enterprise season 3
UFO season 2
Old 10-28-2020, 10:13 PM   #52
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Denmark

Just finished The Leftovers re-watch, Dracula (BBC) and The Haunting Of Bly Manor.

Watching Ratched and Queen's Gambit on Netflix. Tried Barbarians but something just feels off. Don't know if I'll watch the rest yet.

After those, I want to watch Perfume and Ricky Gervais' Afterlife (Netflix)

Has anyone seen The Umbrella Academy or La Révolution? Thoughts?
Old 11-08-2020, 11:50 PM   #53

Dec 2019

Wrapped Mr. Selfridge, which as I said was excellent. It's on Blu-ray, which is how I watched it, so I can't advise on which streaming service(s) may carry it at the moment. 9/10

Star Trek: Next Generation season one is completed (again) as well, and as excellent as ever. Special features for season one are pretty interesting as well. I'll probably pick this back up with season two early 2021 just to get through some things I've seen yet and have had on my radar for a while. To begin with:

Ballers. Seems like it has its detractors, but wow I've really been liking it, and I don't care for football - which isn't even that prominent giving the centrality of the Spencer character. It may be fairly light, but it's got enough characterization to be engaging. Really liking it so far also, and I completed the second season today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1rp View Post
Star Trek: Enterprise season 3
UFO season 2
I ought to rewatch Enterprise. Had some interesting material.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:04 AM   #54
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2014
NH USA

Star Trek: Enterprise season 4
Old 11-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #55
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2015

My girlfriend and I have started season two of What We Do In the Shadows and are still loving the show. Very very funny.

By myself, I watched the new season of Archer, which was very good and a return to form for the show. I then started season 4 of Rick and Morty yesterday and am loving it so far.
Old 11-09-2020, 12:47 PM   #56
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
UK

Finally putting some work into catching up on some shows. Been catching Barry as a quick filler between jobs and just started The Boys. Probably do three eps of The Boys one day and three eps of Bly Manor the next and alternate between them. Think I’ll swap over to Lovecraft County once done with Bly Manor.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #57

Jul 2013

Boardwalk Empire Season 1
Old 11-10-2020, 11:11 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013

Catching up with some old Marvel animation stuff on Disney+.
Lovecraft Country
Old 11-18-2020, 12:50 PM   #59

Jun 2019
rochester, ny

Good to see NCIS back on. Watched a couple of Superstore. I know the masks represent current day but it annoys me when they have masks on. Being hard of hearing I rely heavily on facial expressions and reading lips in order to understand what is being said.

Watching some more Castle. One of my favorite episodes is Cuffed. Goes to prove you can watch something too many times. It finally occurred to me that any cop like Beckett would have at least one extra handcuff key hidden on her person. You see the bad guy have them all the time. Cops do it to for just that reason. If they lose their keys or are taken hostage, they don't want to be held captive with their own handcuffs. Obviously the episode can't happen if she did, but it took me out of the moment. Blue Butterfly is another favorite. About the only standout in later seasons was the take on "It's a Wonderful Life". Other than that I didn't care for much after s6.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:53 PM   #60

Jun 2019
rochester, ny

Watching Netflix Medal of Honor - documentary about Metal of Honor recipients. Very emotional watching this especially the one about a Korean prisoner of war vet. My dad fought in Korea.

It was quite something seeing the ceremonies these folks got from their home towns. Last year we had a Medal of Honor recipient for taking on 5 Iraqi insurgents in hand to hand combat and saved his men. His wife is on a morning show on the radio so she talked about it in detail. Not much in the way of ceremonies in fact our governor never even acknowledged him. Not even a Congratulations Tweet.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows