Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$24.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$39.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$22.23
15 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$79.99

SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$37.83
14 hrs ago
Planet Coaster (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Judgment (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$36.40

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 03-11-2021, 10:46 PM   #181
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

Ok so that means all future Dooms and Dishonoreds (if there are any) are likely to come to PS5 too?
Old 03-11-2021, 10:54 PM   #182
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Ok so that means all future Dooms and Dishonoreds (if there are any) are likely to come to PS5 too?
No. Only titles with existing agreements. So for example "Death loop." Any other new title with no such contracts will be a Xbox/PC/Game Pass exclusive.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:35 PM   #183
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

Why is Doom 3 coming to PSVR? Existing agreement?
Old 03-12-2021, 02:44 AM   #184
Expert Member

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuasidodoJr View Post
Here is what Iím getting from their statement today. Legacy content will obviously remain multiplatform. If an older game released on PS3/4/5, it will continue to be on that platform. Games already contracted, such as Death Loop, those contracts will stay in place. Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 content will continue to release on Sony platforms. But future games with no contracts in place will be exclusive to Xbox consoles and PC and GamePass. This will probably include Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5. Like others have mentioned, Microsoft did not spend $7.5 Billion dollars to release large titles on their competitor. The purpose of the acquisition was to get more people on GamePass. Which means getting console gamers on Xbox and getting more PC gamers to subscribe to GamePass.
I wholeheartedly agree. That said, part of me does wonder if weíll eventually see some exclusivity trades between the two.

Like, total hypothetically, Spider-Man and one of Doom/Fallout/Elder Scrolls. Iím not counting on it, but itís also something I could now, in theory, imagine happening.
Old 03-12-2021, 03:44 AM   #185
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Here is what Iím getting from their statement today. Legacy content will obviously remain multiplatform. If an older game released on PS3/4/5, it will continue to be on that platform. Games already contracted, such as Death Loop, those contracts will stay in place. Elder Scrolls Online and Fallout 76 content will continue to release on Sony platforms. But future games with no contracts in place will be exclusive to Xbox consoles and PC and GamePass. This will probably include Elder Scrolls 6 and Fallout 5. Like others have mentioned, Microsoft did not spend $7.5 Billion dollars to release large titles on their competitor. The purpose of the acquisition was to get more people on GamePass. Which means getting console gamers on Xbox and getting more PC gamers to subscribe to GamePass.
Definitely possible, and something I would like to see. It's time Microsoft took a really big shot to try to get things back closer to the way they used to be instead of them playing extreme catch-up. Major Bethesda games being exclusive would really help do just that.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:12 AM   #186
Special Member

Aug 2011
Right here...

Quote:
This, ladies and gentlemen, is called logical thinking.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:38 AM   #187
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklobster View Post
I wholeheartedly agree. That said, part of me does wonder if we’ll eventually see some exclusivity trades between the two.

Like, total hypothetically, Spider-Man and one of Doom/Fallout/Elder Scrolls. I’m not counting on it, but it’s also something I could now, in theory, imagine happening.
That’s more plausible than GamePass on PS5. I’m not a PlayStation hater, I love my PS4 and plan to buy a PS5 as soon as I can find one, but Sony is coming into this gen the same way they did the PS3 era. Thinking they’ve already “won.”
Old 03-12-2021, 01:18 PM   #188
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Good Give me a reason to own a Series X
Old 03-12-2021, 01:20 PM   #189
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Thatís more plausible than GamePass on PS5. Iím not a PlayStation hater, I love my PS4 and plan to buy a PS5 as soon as I can find one, but Sony is coming into this gen the same way they did the PS3 era. Thinking theyíve already ďwon.Ē
They kind of already have... Sony consoles are still selling for 1500 USD, Series X consoles are almost already back down to retail on the black market.
Old 03-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #190
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
They kind of already have... Sony consoles are still selling for 1500 USD, Series X consoles are almost already back down to retail on the black market.
Way too early to say that. It wouldn't surprise me if they still won this generation, but Quasi is right that Sony has come into this generation the same way they did with the PS3. The arrogant version, instead of the version of the company that made the latter portion of that generation magical.

It's one of the reason's why I jumped ship back to Xbox. Well, that and the fact that they are making their studios all conform to their formula of open world third-person action/adventure games. No matter how good their games continue to be, I'll take the future Xbox is presenting right now instead. I can't find the right word at the moment, but in a way I find it more interesting right now than the direction Sony is going.
Thanks given by:
Skylath (03-13-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 01:41 PM   #191
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Send a message via AIM to QuasidodoJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Not sure where you’re finding that. I’m still seeing an average price of $900 for the Series X, and about the same for a disc-based PS5.

I paid retail for my Series X and plan to do the same for a PS5.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (03-13-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 08:48 PM   #192
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailking View Post
Why is Doom 3 coming to PSVR? Existing agreement?
Yes.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:23 PM   #193
Special Member

Sep 2018
Region A

It would be stupid not to release titles on PS5; there's $$$ to be made!

Game performance & features will likely be prioritized for XBSX, released first on MS platforms, then released on other systems later. That lines up with Phil's vision of reaching as many gamers as possible.

I think Bethesda games will follow Mojang example.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X