Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Werewolf: The Apocalypse Earthblood (Xbox XS)
$24.99
20 hrs ago
NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$39.99

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$79.99

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$23.06
1 day ago
SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$49.94

Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$39.35
1 day ago
Planet Coaster (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Judgment (Xbox XS)
$39.99

Watch Dogs: Legion (Xbox XS)
$36.40

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 11-15-2020, 05:10 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2013
Gotham City
Default Xbox Series X - Headsets

Any recommendation for XSX headphones? I would like to get some wireless ones. They would be used strictly for gaming on the XSX, not watch movies, take calls, chat, etc. i just want good audio for my gaming sessions. Similar to what I get from Sonyís Pulse 3D.

Iíve been looking at Turtle Beach Stealth 700, Arctis 9X. Anything you guys use or recommend? Is there any that have Dolby with the XSX?
Old 11-15-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Wisconsin, USA

I have used the Arctis 9Xs before. Only reason I stopped using them is because the plastic on the right earcup was breaking apart at the hinge, due to my handling of them. The Arctis 9s Are bluetooth and I have used them for both my phone and Xbox simultaneously.
Thanks given by:
Joeker (11-15-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 05:56 PM   #3
Special Member

Aug 2011
Right here...

Not sure when theyíll release, but Bang & Olufsen partnered with Xbox for Series X sound products. No doubt there will be some high end headphones in that lineup...
Iíll be waiting on those and using my turtle beach until then...
Old 11-16-2020, 01:51 AM   #4
Special Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
Any recommendation for XSX headphones? I would like to get some wireless ones. They would be used strictly for gaming on the XSX, not watch movies, take calls, chat, etc. i just want good audio for my gaming sessions. Similar to what I get from Sonyís Pulse 3D.

Iíve been looking at Turtle Beach Stealth 700, Arctis 9X. Anything you guys use or recommend? Is there any that have Dolby with the XSX?
Major Nelson did an interview with Bose regarding their gaming headsets, maybe that is a good option. If you want Dolby Atmos I think you will need Plantronics or Razer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayturner514 View Post
Not sure when theyíll release, but Bang & Olufsen partnered with Xbox for Series X sound products. No doubt there will be some high end headphones in that lineup...
Iíll be waiting on those and using my turtle beach until then...
I've been waiting on news in this space as well. Since the original announcement, the only other gaming related news is their partnership w/ an eSports team called Astralis.
Old 11-20-2020, 01:42 AM   #5

Jun 2012
Durham, NC

Has anyone been able to find the Arctis 7X in stores in the US?
Old 11-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Went with the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2. I tried them at Target and they sounded good and were comfortable. They should be good as a starter set and I can upgrade later to more high end ones.

Sucks that you need a computer to be able to update their firmware tho instead of thru their app.
Thanks given by:
Talal86 (11-20-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 02:54 PM   #7

May 2016
WA

Artcis 7x the wireless connection is way more stable then the 9x and unlike the 9x it was built specifically for the series x and series s architecture. The 9x came out over a year ago, in terms if quality headsets are identical accept no Bluetooth on the 7x but the 7x also works with the ps5 and the 9x doesnt. Not worth to pay 50 more for older headset, with worse connection and no ps5 support just for bluetooth- 7x will work with all consoles currently on the market. Besides a wireless headset with unstable wireless connection is not a good headset to buy no matter what especially when it cost $50 more then the 7x and is inferior headset overall.

The 7x is sold exclusively on arctis website or at walmart. They sell out super fast so keep checking walmart. Do not buy the 9x just cause you can find it, there is a reason for that and why the 7x is so hard to find like the pulse headset. Just to add people are reporting issues pairing the 9x to the new series x. Not just the non stop dropouts its notorious for with the previous generation console- just search report 9x wifi connection issues- it uses the xbox to connect to internet not a separate dongle and its to sensitive to interference- u literally have to gimp your wifi set up in your house to get it to work - 7x all the way

https://support.steelseries.com/hc/e...t-should-I-do-

Last edited by X-rayvision; 11-23-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (11-29-2020), Joeker (11-23-2020), RustinCohle (11-23-2020), stinkfoot (11-25-2020)
Old 11-23-2020, 04:06 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Came here to say that ^.

7x
Old 11-23-2020, 06:59 PM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009

Just wanted to drop a note here in case anyone is interested. I know you guys are talking about high-end headsets, but I thought I would confirm and mention how happy I was that the OG XBOX headset adapter works with the new Series X controller.

I have a surround system in my living room, so I only need a headset to communicate in games where it is beneficial. I just have a basic one-ear job so I can chat when needed. While I could plug it directly into the controller, I greatly prefer using the adapter in between because it makes it super easy to mute and access functions without taking my hands off of the controller (I find the inline controls a real pain, plus the mute always sends out a tick when I turn it on and off that way).
Thanks given by:
heyadol (11-24-2020), Joeker (11-23-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 02:42 PM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2013
Gotham City

I ended up returning the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2. The comfort wasnt there as my right ear started to hurt after awhile.

I ordered Arctis 7X off the steel series website so weíll see how that goes. Got a 10% off discount too as i was looking thru the site so that helped

I also tried a few different models at Target that felt much lighter on my ears than the TB and were cheaper too at $100. I might try those if I dont dig the 7x.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:36 PM   #11
Special Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
I ended up returning the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2. The comfort wasnt there as my right ear started to hurt after awhile.

I ordered Arctis 7X off the steel series website so weíll see how that goes. Got a 10% off discount too as i was looking thru the site so that helped

I also tried a few different models at Target that felt much lighter on my ears than the TB and were cheaper too at $100. I might try those if I dont dig the 7x.
I'm definitely interested in these, please share a quick review once you've spent some time with them. I've been looking at the 9X because of the Xbox Wireless, but the 7X is more versatile (and more affordable) so it is probably the wiser choice.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:47 PM   #12
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2018
Seattle

I've had the Turtle Beach - XO THREE for 3 years now. Still works great!
Old 11-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #13

May 2016
WA

For anyone who doesnt care about wireless and wants the best sounding gaming headset, this is the one for you https://drop.com/buy/drop-sennheiser...gaming-headset

Last edited by X-rayvision; 11-28-2020 at 08:06 PM.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (12-04-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 12:22 AM   #14
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
I'm definitely interested in these, please share a quick review once you've spent some time with them. I've been looking at the 9X because of the Xbox Wireless, but the 7X is more versatile (and more affordable) so it is probably the wiser choice.
Have had them for 3 days. Only used them to play Gears 5 and Ori Will of Wisps. I’m really liking them. They feel light and comfortable to me. I preferred them to the TurtleBeach set I had.

I’m no audiophile but they sound nice to me. Haven’t really used the mic or tried the set on other things like my Switch so can’t speak to that but at least with the XSX they sound good and no issues with connection.

My only complaints would be the app which I have no access too since I don’t have a laptop. I would like to mess around with the eq settings but I can’t.

And the dongle is way too long so the SXS doesn’t look as nice with that cable.

I’m trying them today with Dolby Atmos since I have the 7 free trial on the Dolby Xbox app. Hopefully they sound even better.

Very pleased with them so thank you X-rayvision for recommending them.
Thanks given by:
heyadol (12-04-2020)
Old 12-04-2020, 08:12 PM   #15
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-rayvision View Post
Artcis 7x the wireless connection is way more stable then the 9x and unlike the 9x it was built specifically for the series x and series s architecture. The 9x came out over a year ago, in terms if quality headsets are identical accept no Bluetooth on the 7x but the 7x also works with the ps5 and the 9x doesnt. Not worth to pay 50 more for older headset, with worse connection and no ps5 support just for bluetooth- 7x will work with all consoles currently on the market. Besides a wireless headset with unstable wireless connection is not a good headset to buy no matter what especially when it cost $50 more then the 7x and is inferior headset overall.

The 7x is sold exclusively on arctis website or at walmart. They sell out super fast so keep checking walmart. Do not buy the 9x just cause you can find it, there is a reason for that and why the 7x is so hard to find like the pulse headset. Just to add people are reporting issues pairing the 9x to the new series x. Not just the non stop dropouts its notorious for with the previous generation console- just search report 9x wifi connection issues- it uses the xbox to connect to internet not a separate dongle and its to sensitive to interference- u literally have to gimp your wifi set up in your house to get it to work - 7x all the way

https://support.steelseries.com/hc/e...t-should-I-do-
Yeah the 7x are what I decided on as I need something that will work with XSX, PS5, Switch, PC and other devices.

Damn thing is sold out everywhere though. So will be my Sony Golds on PS5 (don't work on Xbox) and wired headphones plugged into controller on XSX for the time being.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:36 PM   #16
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

No surprise Sennheiserís are top.

My only issue with these products from Drop is you have to be a member if you want to buy anything (or browse) from their website.

If you donít care about mics, but care about Wireless the RS 165 - RS 195 line-up is the way to go.
Old 12-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #17

May 2016
WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
No surprise Sennheiserís are top.

My only issue with these products from Drop is you have to be a member if you want to buy anything (or browse) from their website.

If you donít care about mics, but care about Wireless the RS 165 - RS 195 line-up is the way to go.
Ya it does sort of suck they are exclusive to the website (i would have preffered to buy them from best buy) but they do have very good customer service, 10% off (or15% canít remember) your first purchase, fast shipping time (my headset arrived in like a week) and also offered a 3 year warranty as a relatively cheap add on. Other boutique companies like audeze for instance do not offer extended warranties when you buy direct.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:45 PM   #18
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Tried out Dolby Atmos for Headphones yesterday and ended up shelling out the $15 for the app. Sound noticeably better than the default Windows Sonic, even just with my Sony MDR-XB950 stereo headphones which aren’t anything special.

Still trying to snag the Arctis 7x, but haven’t seen them come back in stock.

Last edited by dmaul1114; 12-22-2020 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-22-2020, 11:12 PM   #19
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2010

Finally got the 7x's and really like them. Here's my detailed take on them I posted over in the PS5 form earlier.

Finally got my Steelseries Arctis 7x Headset after some USPS shipping delays. Link to the product page for details for those interested: https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7x

Overall I'm very pleased with them. I'm not audiophile but they definitely sound better than my Sony Gold V2's I'd been using with PS4/5, Switch (docked) and PC or my old Sony MDR-XB950 wired headphones I'd been using with XSX (plugged into controller) and Switch in Handheld mode. 24 hours of battery life (rated, not tested yet) will be nice after the 6ish with the Golds.

It's nice to have something that works with all they above by just moving the USB-C dongle (and USB-C to A adapter cable where needed) around. Dongle has a toggle for Xbox and USB (latter for everything but Xbox which uses a different frequency).

Head set is comfy as well, really like the ski band adjustment system. I replaced the cloth Airweave ear cups with the leather ones I'd ordered from Steelseries and already received as I don't like cloth ear cups. I did see when looking up a video to make sure I removed and installed them correctly that there's a company called Wicked Cushions that makes ear cups that fit that look a bit nicer for $7 or so more than Steelseries. The Steelseries ones are fine and pretty comfy though so I'll stick with them.

Steelseries: https://steelseries.com/gaming-acces...terial=leather

Wicked Cushions: https://wickedcushions.com/collections/gaming-ear-pads

I also ordered a couple shorter USB-C to A adapter cables (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1) both as the one it comes with is long to leave dangling in sight on my XSX (where it will be most of the time) and I wanted to just leave one there, one on my PC and one on my Switch dock to just have to move the dongle around.

Overall I'm very pleased, though I haven't played with friends yet so can't comment on the mic. Only downside I could see for some is the max volume. It's more than loud enough for me, but some reviews said they thought it wasn't loud enough and I do definitely have the volume on the headset closer to max (with devices at 100%) than I did my Sony Golds. PS5 wise, the main downsides vs one of the Sony headsets is the game audio/chat mix wheel doesn't work (works on Xbox, but on PS have to use the system quick menu slider and like all third party headsets the console won't auto switch between headset and TV/AVR audio when you turn the head set on and off. Have to use the quick menu options for both of those. Not a big deal to me, but may bother some. Moot if you only use them on Xbox as the chat balance toggles and I don't think autoswitching the audio is a thing with any headset on Xbox--I just turn my AVR all the way down (or off since my consoles or hooked up the TV directly with audio from TV to the AVR).
Thanks given by:
heyadol (12-24-2020)
Old 01-11-2021, 02:02 PM   #20
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Texas. Muggy & Hot 24/7/365

I was able to buy an xbox series x this week and nice surprise! My Turtle Beach stealth 700 for the xbox one (gen 1) works with the series X no problem.

Last edited by Matt S; 01-11-2021 at 02:10 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X