Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Space Jam 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
4 hrs ago
Center Stage (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
21 hrs ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
1 day ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
1 day ago
Wonder Woman 1984 4K / Wonder Woman 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.49
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-10-2020, 04:35 PM   #1
Special Member

Mar 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Default Slipcover Repairs

Hopefully I can get some advice on this...

I was sorting through my collection yesterday and I pulled the 70th Anniversary Edition of Dumbo off the shelf and noticed that the seam of the slipcover is coming apart. It looks like the glue has worn off or maybe the seam wasn't glued properly to begin with.

Either way, I'd like to prevent it from splitting all the way so can anyone suggest a good adhesive to fix it?
Old 12-31-2020, 09:52 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post

I was sorting through my collection yesterday and I pulled the 70th Anniversary Edition of Dumbo off the shelf and noticed that the seam of the slipcover is coming apart. It looks like the glue has worn off or maybe the seam wasn't glued properly to begin with.

Either way, I'd like to prevent it from splitting all the way so can anyone suggest a good adhesive to fix it?
I have the same question. I received Possessor 4K from Deep Discount today and the glue didn't hold on the slip cover. I would appreciate any recommendations what adhesive to use to repair it.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:46 AM   #3
Power Member

Jun 2011
Orlando, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catastrophe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebhdb View Post
I have the same question. I received Possessor 4K from Deep Discount today and the glue didn't hold on the slip cover. I would appreciate any recommendations what adhesive to use to repair it.
I have used this on a couple of slips, one I remember was Thor, also use it for some small repairs like where damaged corners might be delaminating.

Great stuff IMO and dries quickly, I spray it on a scrap piece of card or paper and use a small penknife to spread it, like buttering a piece of bread if you will.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Multipurpo.../dp/B0065VCXSA
Thanks given by:
buckeye68 (01-04-2021), Catastrophe (01-04-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Collectibles and Limited Editions > Slipcovers